dead

I finished this game in one night (two 2 hour sessions or so). But the game is about leveling up you characters and weapons and increasing the difficulty. Its fun, but only if you are going in planning to spend a lot of time in it to being with, not a game you play for the story (it actually has no story) or to finish just once.

Almost got it last night for 20 on their gold deal but backed off. I'll hold off a few more months and see how much I can grab this for.

No one was talking about this game untill yesturday. it seems overrated by many but it does seem like one of those titles that catch you off guard. Ill Give it a fair chance at some point

Well, I can't speak on this game, but I had the first. It was a great buy for the $15 or so that I got it for. There was no story there, just kill bugs, and it was great for that. Really though, I got it because back in 2008 it was one of the few games that I could find that had offline co-op. Spent hours with it with a friend. Good times... Based off that and the upgrades it looks like they made, I'd have picked up this one for 20, but not 30.

D3 gives its games very small print runs. EDF sells for $75 new now on Amazon, and Onechanbara (which is a terrible game) only went down $1. If you wait on this one, you might not get it at all. I was lucky to get it at the lightning deal yesterday, but I was planning to bite if it was $30.

It's showing up as $39.99 for me. I wish I'd bought it during the lightning deal yesterday. It sounds like it would be fun, and I'm not into video game stories, so the lack of one isn't just not a loss, but is a benefit. Less time wasted, more time playing.

EDF is easily worth this price. Don't play it alone though. It is meant to be played with a friend. It's just way more fun that way. I bought it at release and don't regret my purchase (tho it does suck that it dropped to 19.99 not even a month after release...)

[quote name='garfield']how much did it go for during the lightning deal? Totally forgot about the 7pm deal and went out for dinner.[/quote]

$19.99

[quote name='strait edge follower']No one was talking about this game untill yesturday. it seems overrated by many but it does seem like one of those titles that catch you off guard. Ill Give it a fair chance at some point[/QUOTE]
I was. My post #200 in the Amazon Lightning deal thread:

Everybody buy EDF:IA. We got crazy firepower! AAAAaaaaaaaa!

It's already part of the buy 1 get 1 40% off sale (PS3 version only).

Those who played EDF 2017 were all over this game. It's not a deep or meaningful story and it's not hyper-twitch reflex shooting. The graphics are not bad, but not mind-blowing. Hell, the framerate even drops sometimes from all the stuff exploding on screen. It's just big dumb fun. Shoot up hordes of giant ants, blow up towering robots, and bring down giant UFOs. The only thing missing from 2017 was online co-op, and insect armageddon added 3-player online co-op.

You have four different characters to level up, like borderlands, which adds replay value, and there are a total of 107 weapons to collect. The game is set at a budget price of $40, just like 2017 was when it came out, and last night's $20 was a steal. It's a perfect time-filler for those of you burnt out on black ops and waiting for gears 3 or battlefield 3 or mw3.

[quote name='Dysheekie']$19.99[/QUOTE]

After the slew of $27.99 titles, I gave up on waiting. Figures that one was sub $20.

Can people please stop throwing the word "overrated" around? EDF 2017 got average reviews, so it wasn't overrated.

Also, EDF! EDF!

I picked this up at Gamestop today. I had some credit so I got it for $20. I cant wait to try it out tonight!!!

Definitely sad that I couldn't grab it at the lightning deal price, but this is great as well because I was thinking of buying it at full price anyways. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back