Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
fucking hell, the stock at my Gamestop was absolutely pathetic. None of the games I was looking for were available No:

- NBA 2K12
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Kingdoms of Amalur
- Mario Party 9
- Silent Hill HD Collection
- Devil May Cry HD Collection (New or used)

It was pretty sad. I'm home now and was going to order Mario Party 9 off the website, but of course, it's out of fucking stock now. Ugh.

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Is this open to non pur now or do I have to wait til midnight or something?[/QUOTE]

I don't have PUR but the employees at the GS that I went to didn't seem to care so I don't think they'd really adhere the rule that much. However another customer over on the next register used his number for me and I got an extra 10% off. :D Thanks dude!
I got
Bayonetta: $13.49
Vanquish: $13.49
Mirror's Edge : free

[quote name='Tsel']fucking hell, the stock at my Gamestop was absolutely pathetic. None of the games I was looking for were available No:

- NBA 2K12
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Kingdoms of Amalur
- Mario Party 9
- Silent Hill HD Collection
- Devil May Cry HD Collection (New or used)

It was pretty sad. I'm home now and was going to order Mario Party 9 off the website, but of course, it's out of fucking stock now. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately you'd probably have to be in chicago to find all those. I saw those games at 4 different stores (didnt look for mario party).

Picked up Mass Effect 3 ($40), LBP2 Special Edition ($35) and UFC Trainer (Free)

Might swap UFC Trainer and get something else.

Picked up a new copy of Dead Island for $19.99 -- was hoping it wasn't a gutted copy, and the clerk handed me a sealed one. Woo!

[quote name='merchie89']unfortunately you'd probably have to be in chicago to find all those. I saw those games at 4 different stores (didnt look for mario party).[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I literally only have 1 Gamestop within 60 miles. Fortunately, it usually has fairly good stock, but just not tonight.

Honestly, I just wanted to get my girlfriend Mario Party 9 to surprise her because she's been wanting it for a while. :cry:

[quote name='jdb230']picked up:

Dead island (special edition case, don't think its any different then the regular though)
grand theft auto complete
lord of the rings: war in the north

all for xbox, all for $34.xx after discounts/tax. a little more then $11 per game, so not too bad.[/QUOTE]

The only difference between the special edition and regular of Dead Island were the DLC codes. The SE came with a code for the ripper weapon and a code for the Ryder White DLC (I think, pretty sure all the gamestop preorders did). The codes were probably used anyways.

Anybody have an extra online pass for Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning? Mine from this sale was already used up.

Picked up Dead Island, Infamous and Fatal Frame II. I think I'm going to return FF since I just saw it's cheaper on Amazon new. I was trying to get a copy of .hack//GU but the store that has it says it's on hold for someone =/. Gonna see if I can snag it tomorrow and hope they forgot about it.

Grabbed Dead Island, Halo Anniversary (had the Reach map and the grunt skill codes in it unused), and MGS HD as well as L.A. Noire Complete Edition new. Thinking about returning Dead Island and grabbing Arkham City, if the price is actually $27.99 in stores. When I looked at mine in store, it was in the $50 range I believe, but I didn't have the guy at the counter check it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to use my two 5$ off used game coupons on a used umvc 3 for the vita but I can't think of two games to pair with it for this promo. If the 50% extra credit promo at bestbuy of gs was still going on I would do the cod mw3 flip again but unfortunatly that promo for both retailers expired :(

[quote name='weeman43302']The only difference between the special edition and regular of Dead Island were the DLC codes. The SE came with a code for the ripper weapon and a code for the Ryder White DLC (I think, pretty sure all the gamestop preorders did). The codes were probably used anyways.[/QUOTE]

It was the Arena DLC code, not Ryder White.

40% preorder bonus + 10% gcu= 50% still going :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm going to use my two 5$ off used game coupons on a used umvc 3 for the vita but I can't think of two games to pair with it for this promo. If the 50% extra credit promo at bestbuy of gs was still going on I would do the cod mw3 flip again but unfortunatly that promo for both retailers expired :([/QUOTE]

I know this has been asked a million times and I never pay attention to the people that ask as I never usually have to or intended to do it, but is it possible to return used games you bought at one GameStop store at another? One of them has MLB The Show 12 but no Mass Effect 3. Thinking of bringing my LBP2 SE back and getting MLB The Show '12 instead (and paying the difference) if this is possible.

[quote name='weeman43302']The only difference between the special edition and regular of Dead Island were the DLC codes. The SE came with a code for the ripper weapon and a code for the Ryder White DLC (I think, pretty sure all the gamestop preorders did). The codes were probably used anyways.[/QUOTE]

Ripper weapon and Blood Arena

[quote name='HydroX']I know this has been asked a million times and I never pay attention to the people that ask as I never usually have to or intended to do it, but is it possible to return used games you bought at one GameStop store at another? One of them has MLB The Show 12 but no Mass Effect 3. Thinking of bringing my LBP2 SE back and getting MLB The Show '12 instead (and paying the difference) if this is possible.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do that and just pay the difference

[quote name='HydroX']I know this has been asked a million times and I never pay attention to the people that ask as I never usually have to or intended to do it, but is it possible to return used games you bought at one GameStop store at another? One of them has MLB The Show 12 but no Mass Effect 3. Thinking of bringing my LBP2 SE back and getting MLB The Show '12 instead (and paying the difference) if this is possible.[/QUOTE]

Yes.Just make sure to have the receipt.

[quote name='technicalstylez']40% preorder bonus + 10% gcu= 50% still going :)[/QUOTE]

You should have never told me that (rubs hands together in glee). I'm going to get banned for sure for duplicating what I did last time and if I do I'm blaming you lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']You should have never told me that (rubs hands together in glee). I'm going to get banned for sure for duplicating what I did last time and if I do I'm blaming you lol[/QUOTE]

lol u have no one to blame but yourself.

Saw L.A. Noire complete for 17.99. I pair it with Sonic generations and Resonance of Fate. Then I get home and realize he gave me a vanilla L.a. Noire!!

[quote name='TheWildMoose']Yes.Just make sure to have the receipt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes you can do that and just pay the difference[/QUOTE]

Thanks fellas.

[quote name='camb1986']I know this is pretty silly, but is there any way to get each game at a different location, but still get the b2g1f? Three gamestops in my area don't have all the three games I want in one single store.[/QUOTE]

This will work, as I just did it. Got 2 Vita games near my work, exchanged them and got the 3rd Vita game in B2G1 free near my home at a completely different GS.

Actually lucked out, as I got Unit 13, UMVC3, and Rayman Origins for $67.86 on a YMMV move. See, they sold me Unit 13 at the Spring Break sale price of 27.99, but when they returned it to trigger the B2G1, for some reason it returned it as normal $34.99 price. So, while the bundle of those games should've cost ~$75 after tax, I saved a little bit thanks to some random luck. And GS includes a free online pass for Unit 13, so I'm even happier.

For Vita owners looking strictly for Vita titles, this may be the best way to roundup your desired titles, given you don't mind a little gas and time.

Lol everyone acts like Gamestop is the flea market of gaming. I personally was going to grab Dead Island, Borderlands GOTY and Saints row double pack, so it could be like buy 2 get 2 and all...

...BUT my class ring down payment is due tomorrow and I won't have cash unless I sell some of my sealed Batman copies at school and risk getting caught/jacked so... sucks....

Picked up 2 sets of B2G1 - didnt do too bad

Disgaea 4 40$
KOA Reckoning Free
Tales of Vesperia 35$

AR Tonelico 2 (Premium Edition, was sealed and marked as new, but rang 19$ used, woot) 17$
Cursed Crusade 17$
Last Rebellion 13$

[quote name='Tsel']YES! YES! YES! /Daniel Bryan

Mario Party 9 is back in stock![/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhh YES ! Lol. I know a few people that want this game so Thanks for that bit of info :)

[quote name='AAK_SO_COLD']Saw L.A. Noire complete for 17.99. I pair it with Sonic generations and Resonance of Fate. Then I get home and realize he gave me a vanilla L.a. Noire!![/QUOTE]

lol no

[quote name='AAK_SO_COLD']Saw L.A. Noire complete for 17.99. I pair it with Sonic generations and Resonance of Fate. Then I get home and realize he gave me a vanilla L.a. Noire!![/QUOTE]

That happened to me at an FYE that was closing down. I got UMvC3, and got back home...to Orlando. There, I realized that they gave me the beta version in the case. Of course, the place shut down before I could come back down south to say anything.

I enjoy it better on Vita, in any case.

[quote name='kube00']Snagged dead island, heavenly sword, just cause 2 for $30[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I could add just cause 2 with umvc 3 vita as just cause 2 is a really fun game according to people on this site. Now I need a third game

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hmmm I could add just cause 2 with umvc 3 vita as just cause 2 is a really fun game according to people on this site. Now I need a third game[/QUOTE]
Legends of Wrestlemania

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ohhhhhhhh YES ! Lol. I know a few people that want this game so Thanks for that bit of info :)[/QUOTE]

YES! YES! YES!

Went ahead and went with Mario Party 9, NBA 2K12, and Kingdoms of Amalur. I might do another round of ~$20 games.

[quote name='KtMack23']Legends of Wrestlemania[/QUOTE]

I would rather buy an old copy of sd here comes the pain than that piece of crap. I played it a while back and I hated it

I feel like I made out like a bandit. All of these were in like-new condition:
:ps3:LA Noire Complete - $16.20
:360:SAW - 17.99
:360:Saints Row 1&2 Double Pack - Free (FYI: this doesn't include a manual, even w/ new copies)

:ds:Mega Man Zero Collection - 17.99
:ds:The World Ends With You - 17.99
:ds:Super Scriblenauts - Free

:psp: Jeanne D'Arc - 6.30
:ds: Professor Layton & the Curious Village - 13.50
:ds: Scurge: Hive - Free

Probably going to return The World Ends With You, but most of my local stores had anything really worth getting to replace it (or they were just cart only).

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hmmm I could add just cause 2 with umvc 3 vita as just cause 2 is a really fun game according to people on this site. Now I need a third game[/QUOTE]

Because it is a fun game. Add me when you get on umvc3 vita.

Virtua Tennis 4 is addicting as hell. Though I don't think you'd be able to find that used anywhere.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I feel like I made out like a bandit. All of these were in like-new condition:
:ps3:LA Noire Complete - $16.20
:360:SAW - 17.99
:360:Saints Row 1&2 Double Pack - Free (FYI: this doesn't include a manual, even w/ new copies)

:ds:Mega Man Zero Collection - 17.99
:ds:The World Ends With You - 17.99
:ds:Super Scriblenauts - Free

:psp: Jeanne D'Arc - 6.30
:ds: Professor Layton & the Curious Village - 13.50
:ds: Scurge: Hive - Free

Probably going to return The World Ends With You, but most of my local stores had anything really worth getting to replace it (or they were just cart only).[/QUOTE]

Wow that is a great haul with great variety as well. Oh and do not I repeat DO NOT return the world ends with you as its one of the best and most unique rpgs I've ever played !

I'm hoping to do MW3 :ps3:/:360: and hopefully get The Show or Hot Shots for Vita.
The fact that they most likely will have used online passes is making me hesitant.

They have the Special Edition of RE:Operation Racoon City for the same used price of the standard version. It's not on the site tho.

I went a little crazy with the Jrpg games during this b2g1f. Knowing that I was going to spend a grip of money I ended up getting my pur pro membership for free after the discounts.

I got:
Rune Factory
Trinity Universe
Resonance of Fate
Record of Agarest War Zero
Last Rebellion
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Atelier Totori
and... Just cause 2

Status
Not open for further replies.