Deadliest Catch - Gen. Discussion & Info

Show's awesome.

Looks like it's going to be a crab fishing sim game? Eh... But I'm sure you could make a great game about crab fishing. I'd just have to see some reviews first. :D

And it's coming out in April w/ this being the first info on it? Eh...

[quote name='Mysticheat']I wouldn't mind playing this game. i could imagine some online team fishing battles.[/quote]

Online would be awesome if you could mess with peoples Pots like they some times do on the show... Seriously, how pissed would you be if you pulled your pot in the game and it had a bag of garbage in it with a note that said "REL1203 left his garbage for you" or something...

haha

If you catch giant crabs, will you have to fight them?

I honestly can't see this working out well, unless it's a budget title out of the gate.

Like the show didn't have enough over-exposure to begin with. 12 new episodes every year, shown in their entirety, every day, for like 3 months.

I'd rather a dirty jobs game, at least there is some variety.

[quote name='hohez']Like the show didn't have enough over-exposure to begin with. 12 new episodes every year, shown in their entirety, every day, for like 3 months.

I'd rather a dirty jobs game, at least there is some variety.[/quote]

I'd expect that sometime in the near future. I'd venture to say a mario party-esque minigame festival.

That dude's a riot. I laugh my ass off at every episode.

Back on topic though, a Deadliest Catch game? I'll pass. I love the show but I'm conditioned to do certain things in videogames. Primarily killing people. Unless you get to play as a giant crab trying to sink the ships, I don't think I could get into it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']4.0 on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spo...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;story;8

Love the show, but the game looks like a turd. Though it has fared a bit better in other review sites. Sitting at 66% on Gamerankings.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/946237.asp?q=deadliest catch[/quote]

I think one of the other cag's posted a review of it here. This game sounds like a lot of fun but may loose popularity in a few short months to where no one plays online. :(

Well I asked my Blockbuster if they were ever going to get this to rent and they said they only got them to sell and it didn't look like any stores would be renting it. LAME.

So I went and found a copy for $30 on ebay! If it sucks I could still probably flip it for more than I bought it.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Well I asked my Blockbuster if they were ever going to get this to rent and they said they only got them to sell and it didn't look like any stores would be renting it. LAME.

So I went and found a copy for $30 on ebay! If it sucks I could still probably flip it for more than I bought it.[/quote]

The title screen has the signature Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" and I was like OMG THIS GAME MUST BE AWESOME!

I was so disappointed. I really like the show and all...but this game is like playing a really bad PC game with a 360 controller. The framerate is not so great, everything looks kinda bland and a little ugly. Gameplay is ok I guess...for this time of game anyway.

Might be worth a rental, but not really a buy. 45 achievement points and I have to call it quits with this one. Back to Gamefly it goes.

[quote name='dcswirl']I'll wait til I see it in the Target clearance section for $15 or less.[/quote]
I was going to do the same but my worry is that this will become one of those rare kinda games that, even thought it is terrible, sells for rediculous amounts due to it's rareity.

Just picked it up about 10 min ago. Lucked out finding it used at my gamestop. Just wondering if anyone is still playing and their impressions. I plan on playing this weekend so add me if you wanna try some good old crab fishin'.

I will own this game at some point, but not for more than $15, and a patch to fix the bugged achievement (drop 50 pods).

~HotShotX

[quote name='bill123']Just picked it up about 10 min ago. Lucked out finding it used at my gamestop. Just wondering if anyone is still playing and their impressions. I plan on playing this weekend so add me if you wanna try some good old crab fishin'.[/QUOTE]

Managed to find one used as well. Maybe I can put down cod4 and play this.

if anyone is done w/ there copy ill take it i wana play this game but the fact that no ones buying it makes it impossible to find used you cant even check for on there site to see if someone near you has it so i can get this god for sacken game!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I watched the trailer and it looks like one of those mid-1990s PC games you'd find in a pack at Costco. Heck, it looks like one of those mid-1990s PC games that I received in a pack at Costco. :whistle2:#

I've been playing it a little. The gameplay is a little boring but what I expected.

I'm up for some MP to get some achievemtents (the 50 pot one can be achieved during MP).

Good lucking finding a used copy. Hardy any new copies were bought so finding one is going to take some luck. Part of teh reason I went ahead and bought it cheap off ebay. I figured it would become pretty hard to come by in a few months.

[quote name='Tybee']Considering grabbing this off GOOZEX. Is it worth playing? How are the achievements?

RIP, Capt. Phil.[/QUOTE]

It's terrible. The graphics are crap, the crabs are just this lump of brownish textures, it's mostly done via a simple menu interface, and when you manually drive the boat it feels slower than mud. In the beginning of the game you race another boat and it feels like it lasts years.

I thought they were going to make another game based off of the series though?

I will agree with whipt, this game is not good. I do own it, but only because I go to Dutch Harbor and Akutan and I wanted to get Sig's autograph on it. I would not have bought it otherwise. Was going to try and see if I could hitch a ride back to Dutch with him, but just missed him by a couple of hours.

On a side note about Capt. Phil, my co-workers were in St. Paul and were some of last people to talk to him before he had the stroke. It was kind of weird knowing about it and then watching it unfold in the media the next day. I was out there at the time, but I was assigned the "South" packing facilities.

bread's done
Back