Deadliest Warrior - 800 points

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I am not sure why I can't find a thread about this game, if one exists, I am sorry.

I didn't even know this was out yet until I saw Joystiq's review on it, which was pretty positive, so I played it last night and bought it.

I really like it. I love it's simplicity. We played it for about 3 hours last night and had a blast. It's super refreshing to have a fighting game to play that doesn't require dozens of complicated moves to memorize to be any good.

From Joystiq:
Networking quirks aside, Deadliest Warrior offers loads of enjoyment for its $10 entry fee. It strips away the mountains of abstruse techniques which characterize most modern fighting games, and revives the accessible short-form action of realistic brawlers like Bushido Blade. It's incredibly fun, and addictive, and -- fine -- on top of its strong core mechanics, it also lets you fight a Pirate against a Viking, which is utterly ridiculous and, in a way, magical.

I also had to buy it, I was just telling one of my friends that I wish they would release a game like Bushido Blade and then today I seen this game and it made me happy. :D Also, hopefully they release extra fighter dlc.

This game is completely rad. It is not for everyone, as it is very much like Bushido Blade, but the core gameplay is very strong and the actual fighting mechanics are fluid and logical. I love it. Definitely, definitely worth it.

Also reminds me of Die By the Sword, minus the mouse-controlled sword swinging of course.

Rounds can be lengthy (about a minute and a half) and bloody, filled with dodging and counter-attacks, or they can be instantaneous - one time the round started and I, as the viking, didn't even move and simply threw a spear into the head of my opponent, killing them instantly.

this game is awesome im a huge fan of the show and this game sure proved true to the show the achievements seem fairly easy (For the black knight achievement i suggest using the pirate's final strike) although the game feels glitchy at times it feels good and realistic i give it 7.5/10

bread's done
Back