Deadly candy for halloween! SERIOUS MATTER!

Slate

CAGiversary!
Edit: New video, This is more serious than I thought. (I'm not Mike Mozart in the video!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUB79WJ9ktQ

There has been candy made in China which contains Melamine, Which is added to boost the protein levels to make them seem more nutritious. Melamine is the same product that killed tens of thousands of pets last year, You do NOT want this to be in your home! I think this video could help many better than I can, Please share this with everyone you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3dbBQPIFf0

P.S. This is not a scam. See how long I've been on CAG to verify that!

Edit: This doesn't only apply to this type of candy. I found this other story which was posted last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlILuF-DA84&feature=related

Think smart, Save a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
"There might not be any melamine in these. Do I know if these are tainted or not? No! I don't know if they're tainted or not! But I don't want to take a chance! Do you want this Halloween to be the deadliest one yet? It could be linked to these things! It could be! I mean, this could be a candy 9/11!"

signs119.jpeg

In all seriousness, yes, this is an issue, but it needs further testing. If products containing melamine were exported from China, I would think that they would've been discovered by now

Ouch. If this is truly serious, my little brother loves Domo-Kun. Probably will buy this stuff. Well, time to tell the parents!

EDIT: And, because I have to:

seriousyk9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xevious']I love the tags on top of this thread: "Candy, Deadly, Halloween"[/quote]

If you're being sarcastic, You just made me laugh. No, really, you did.

But at the same time... :roll:

And I realize this may not actually have Melamine in them, But you can't deny the chance.

I've been discussing this on another forum, I probably overreacted when I posted this but please be wary about candy poisoning.

Huh. I used to love those little chocolate coins when I was a kid. I also used to eat those Cadbury chocolates. I turned out fi....

Well I'm not dead, anyway.

[quote name='keithp']All candy is deadly. Have you read the ingredients on some of that stuff?[/QUOTE]
Yea but its delicious.

Watching the video I said to myself, "Oh cool, Target has Domo-kun stuff now".

Happy Halloween! Now someone start a 2008 costume thread.

[quote name='keithp']All candy is deadly. Have you read the ingredients on some of that stuff?[/quote]

Bingo, and who buys the cheap shit from China? And who eats that garbage? They deserve to die.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Bingo, and who buys the cheap shit from China? And who eats that garbage? They deserve to die.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, "red dye no. 47"?

What the hell happened to red dyes 1-46??

And did they REALLY need 47 tries before they settled on an acceptable red dye??

[quote name='CouRageouS']Whoa 3 Musketeers come in mint now? Man I'm learning so much from this thread.[/quote]

Yup, they have been for a while I think. They're really good.

[quote name='darkslime']I just looked at it and decided I want domo kun candy.

DOMO FTW!

But isn't this shit regulated?[/quote]

Funny thing about regulations. They allow sufficient room for plenty of horrible filthy LIES.

We americans are a nutty bunch.

First we tell our kids, don't take candy from strangers, then we establish a national holiday in which every child that doesn't have diabetes is urged to get candy from as many strangers as humanly possible.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']We americans are a nutty bunch.

First we tell our kids, don't take candy from strangers, then we establish a national holiday in which every child that doesn't have diabetes is urged to get candy from as many strangers as humanly possible.[/QUOTE]
:D

Damn it, don't destroy the last good holiday.

Tried to watch the video, but stopped it because of all those anotations that kept popping up. Do you really need that many?

is this guy off his fucking rocker? Arent those domo candies the same chocolate used in there "Choxie" line at target? No one has ever complained about tens of thousands of people dieing from that have they? I think i may just go buy a case from target tonight and see how badly Id get the shits or something.

[quote name='greydemise']im convinced that just about everything that comes from china is incredibly low quality and/or deadly[/QUOTE]
Thank goodness I broke up with her. Whew.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']You Should Not Be Eating Anything From China Period![/quote]
You should also not capitalize every word you type.

I was fully expecting a video of someone wearing a I HATE CHINA shirt. Player hating.

Maybe its time to dig through the landfills and pull out the old MADE IN USA tags circa 1980 when people hated Japanese goods and put them to good use.

Whenever I picked up that type of candy I would never eat it. I would just use it for decorations and throw that stuff out after Halloween. I tried eating that cheap candy once before, and soon realized that with candy it is best to spring that extra cash and get a name brand.

I'd be willing to bet that more children will be hospitalized for eating candy with tiny shards of metal/glass inserted in them than tainted candy from China. Either way, I'm doing my part. *Pushes stapler up against a fun size Babe Ruth*

Aw man... *mourns Baby Ruth on the sidewalk*

Actually I can't see how people can eat the congealed bars of glop that are 3 Muskateers. Chocolate's gotta have crunch on it!

[quote name='popemogoth']I'll just stick to Nestle products.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like the mothers in third world countries who stop lactating after being convinced that nestle's baby formula is better than breastmilk.

bread's done
Back