Deadly Premonition (360) $14.90 on Amazon.com

I'll rebuy this at some point, but I had to unload it after I got frustrated with all the crappy driving and the TERRIBLE map.

The driving gets a bit better if you buy a new car at the junk yard. I was really annoyed by the driving as well but then when I got a new car it got a lot better.

DP is better watched than played. And at $20 retail, $15.53 isn't that huge a savings.

Still...

Oh, and tips for anyone to get through the game. Following the "Bribe the Gas Station Clerk" quest line to the end unlocks York's Car, a real speedster and turns the game from a lousy, offensive driving game to a just annoying one. To get you going until then, be sure to do the junkyard sidequests for car part boosts.

Also, collect a flower when it's raining during the day (Check the map) and deliver it to the sheriff's house in the afternoon for his second sidequest (Can only do one sidequest per character per chapter but you can replay chapters to do more if you find an easy chapter.). He'll give you a fast travel item. Not all that useful but it's nice to have.

Also worth following, the victim's diary quest will point you to the victim's paranoid best friend. Follow that quest to the end with Delivery Man Q and you'll get an infinite use wrench. This makes combat a bit less irritating.

If you really want to strain yourself, catch the deputy girl on a rainy afternoon and complete all of her cooking quests (Have one of everything the wife sells from the store on hand just so you can be prepared.) for a regen health item. With the one per chapter rule, this requires a lot of rainy afternoons in a lot of chapters.

Finally, and most obvious, do the dart minigame in the bar for more weapon carrying space. After the museum is cleared the second time (The IMPORTANT time.), a fellow at the police station will have a simple quest for you to get more item carrying space, but that comes almost too late to be useful.

Thanks for reminding me I need to trade this out to Goozex. I finished the first chapter/section/night many months ago and immediately took it out and uninstalled it. I had intentions of maybe going back to it some day, but it just doesn't seem worth it. I was bored out of my mind with what I played, I couldn't imagine 20+ hours more.

[quote name='hollowfreak']This game should be $10 by now.[/QUOTE]

it has ranged from $15 to $20 within the last couple of months never been any lower

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']this is the GOTY 2010 and yall should own it[/QUOTE]

:lol: no but it sure beats the PS3s inflated import price

A terrible, terrible game. I liked the idea and the different gameplay mechanics it offered, but they all play horribly. The consolation that if you like Twin Peaks then you'll like this game pops up alot, but if you ask me it's not a very hard formula to repeat (set it in northwest america and make it weird). Hell, if we're liking weird nonsense that takes place in the woods then Steven King's "Dreamcatcher" is a fantastic movie.

bread's done
Back