(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

I just returned the 3 PsP games I picked up last week. I had no problems doing so, but one thing that was a bit annoying was that they couldn't return the credit on my Edge card. I had to get it on another gift card that I can't use online. Has this happened to anyone else and is it possible to transfer the credit on the gift card to my Edge card?

You all realize that you're lucky as hell to get away with this as much as you do, right? I mean you are taking a promotion that was meant to sell certain PSP games, and exploiting it to get whatever games you want. You should have known from the beginning that this wasn't going to last forever, that they would eventually close the loophole. Just be grateful for what you've gotten out of this deal.

Reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, indeed.

[quote name='schultzed']No, the BBB won't do anything but you might get somewhere with the management with threats. And the fact that no one follows up on their consumer complaints allows EB to do whatever they like . . . we really have to stand up for ourselves!

Why a 1-day auction?

Post your auctions on the CAG auction thread (with a small shipping discount to CAGers, "we" will often provide some basic bids to get you going).[/QUOTE]

You're right... I'll contact the BBB. I put it up on a 1-day auction because I'm tried of looking at these games (because I have no PSP:p). And if it doesn't go to well, I'll end them eary and relist them. I'll also post them here for CAGers. Thanks for the support guys.:)

[quote name='ransom456']You all realize that you're lucky as hell to get away with this as much as you do, right? I mean you are taking a promotion that was meant to sell certain PSP games, and exploiting it to get whatever games you want. You should have known from the beginning that this wasn't going to last forever, that they would eventually close the loophole. Just be grateful for what you've gotten out of this deal.

Reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, indeed.[/QUOTE]

So, you think EB, who started this promo of their own free will, is not at fault? It's out fault that they didn't clearify the rules BEFORE the deal started? It's out fault that they give you sh*t for your games? It's our fault for actually trying to get something out of them?

Gee... I really feel bad now because I'm taking advantage of their mistakes... Just like when they feel bad because they give me a $2.00 for a game and then they sell it for $15.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

so the deal ends today for the 3 psp games, and the 6 psp games starts on the 15th?

note: just called my local EB, and he said the trade in 3 xb,ps2, or gc games for one of the 8 psp games is still active until the 15th...and he said the trade in 6 games is going to start "soon" not sure when though but i guess i answered my own question...i also asked him if you can exchange it if it's still sealed and he said yes.

Store: Southern cali. stonewood mall

hmm...guess EBgames.com took off the exclusions list...at least we have the latest list on a post in the first page :) hope they dont add too many things to that list too soon though :(

[quote name='Vinny']You're right... I'll contact the BBB. I put it up on a 1-day auction because I'm tried of looking at these games (because I have no PSP:p). And if it doesn't go to well, I'll end them eary and relist them. I'll also post them here for CAGers. Thanks for the support guys.:) [/QUOTE]

Just want to let you know, if you do that too many times ( i mean end the auction early and relist it), your ebay account will be suspended cause bidders will definately report it to ebay.

[quote name='Vinny']
Gee... I really feel bad now because I'm taking advantage of their mistakes... Just like when they feel bad because they give me a $2.00 for a game and then they sell it for $15.

Yes, that was sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

HAHA, man your lucky i usually get 50 cent. But yeah it feels pretty good for some payback :)

I haven't been following this thread so can some one clear this up for me.

I was going to trade in 15 games for 5 PSP games and was going to take 4 of them back for store credit (and keep 1) for the $160 and just pay off the rest of the money for the PSP.
I take it I can't do this anymore can I?

And whats this stuff about calling the BBB?

[quote name='Shayde']I haven't been following this thread so can some one clear this up for me.

I was going to trade in 15 games for 5 PSP games and was going to take 4 of them back for store credit (and keep 1) for the $160 and just pay off the rest of the money for the PSP.
I take it I can't do this anymore can I?

And whats this stuff about calling the BBB?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're out of luck... Becuase the deal ended today. You can call you local EB and ask if they're doing the 6 games for 2 PSP games (same thing really, but on a larger scale). But whether you can or cannot return the game and get something is purely up to the store...

The thing about the BBB is because EB is edition their policy on the fly unofficially. Technically, I should be able to return an item with a gift receipt without any hassle. But the EB clerk assumed that whoever gave me the gift did the 3-for-1 deal and would not honor it. No where does it say that they can do that without proof... that's beyond their policy because they never stated that I couldn't do that.

damn i missed out, today was the last day and i went with 9 games.. they told me the deal is still going but i guess its not, maybe they were lazy to do it with 9 games

[quote name='ransom456']You all realize that you're lucky as hell to get away with this as much as you do, right? I mean you are taking a promotion that was meant to sell certain PSP games, and exploiting it to get whatever games you want. You should have known from the beginning that this wasn't going to last forever, that they would eventually close the loophole. Just be grateful for what you've gotten out of this deal.

Reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, indeed.[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree with you about begin lucky and using a loophole for gain but the issue is their return policy and the laws governing commerce in your state.

There is no special stipulation about returns attached to these transactions . . . for a store to suddenly decide it doesn't want to honor the return policy printed on the receipt "Returns & exhanges of new and Pre-played merchandise will be accepted within 14 days of purchase . . ." is just plain wrong and I would guess illegal. Obviously, no one stands up to them and no one knows their consumer rights any longer.

The fact that we exploited their deal is immaterial to this issue of returns.

[quote name='TheRaven']The biggest lesson from this thread is that people can justify anything if they want to badly enough.[/QUOTE]

Sigged! Some of you guys are going overboard. Which means there will be fewer deals like this for us in the future.

[quote name='TheRaven']The biggest lesson from this thread is that people can justify anything if they want to badly enough.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely true. But people who don't get in a good deal are the ones complaining about it.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Sigged! Some of you guys are going overboard. Which means there will be fewer deals like this for us in the future.[/QUOTE]

Really? I doubt EB hates selling games that people trade at multiples of what they paid for it. There will be more deals... but they'll be more strict, which they should've been from the start.

We're doing things that EB didn't speculate. The thing is, we are taking advantage of this offer within the stated rules. If EB didn't want us to return stuff we got by trade-ins, they could've easily printed out one more sentense in the fine print.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Sigged! Some of you guys are going overboard. Which means there will be fewer deals like this for us in the future.[/QUOTE]

No, there won't. There have always been deals like this that come along, there always will be. Stop being so paranoid.

Wait, you're in the wrong thread . . . aren't you talking about the Bush Administration?

:)

Yes, there will be deals in the future . . . I don't know if they will crank up to $13.33 per game ($10 per is quite common). The extra $3 makes a big difference in incentive to screw around.

Let's face it: EB doesn't like to take a hit (on crap or recycling of games they sell instore). Chances are that the worst excesses were committed by EB employees . . .

I have a friend who used to work at GS . . . apparently it was common for them to actually "buy" many of the tradein games for themselves point blank! Not only did they have first shot at good stuff, but much of it didn't even enter into inventory at all.

I don't blame the employees, it is their fringe benefit.

Overall, EB benefits from these promos. One nice clerk (a cute woman) and I were frankly talking about my exploits and she said it was good for their numbers.

[quote name='fivecardstud']by my math thats about 60 psp games. Possible, but I'm still calling shenanigans on this. If it is true, I agree its more damaging in the long run than sharing info online.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you didnt read my post...I said from the trade 5 deal as well not just the psp deal did that one for about 9 PSP games...the trade 5 deal has been around forever

I also posted earlier that a employee at TOYS R US had been hoarding games and doing this trade in for the psp and trade 5 deals through the year...well turns out he did it at my store for the PSP and the trade 5 deal he pre-ordered one game 14 times!!!! He was cut off and the store was called by the DM and RM....I am more than positive he is the reason this deal is dead....I knew he was hoarding the games at TRU b/c his dm was letting him buy as many as he wanted...like the Bloodraynes and the 90% off games...and yes he also gets his employee discount...I hated this guy ...but when my Eb manager friend showed me his preorder list I almost threw up....apparently the manager told me one of his employees let him do multiples and the dumbass didnt even try to cover it up he just got 14 copies of the same game....RED Flag went up...now the are starting a new set up (at least in my East coast region) you can only do a promo 5 times....I know this is in affect at my store (NJ LOCATION) my manager friend said per flyer or something to that effect, b/c we all know they have a million trade 5 deals through the year ...this will basically stop this guy ....best part is that TRU beotch is stuck with a whole lotta stock...I hope they all go POX...as for the rest of the stores can anyone else (east coast at least) confirm the 5 times per promo limit?

[quote name='Daddy']I also posted earlier that a employee at TOYS R US had been hoarding games and doing this trade in for the psp and trade 5 deals through the year...well turns out he did it at my store for the PSP and the trade 5 deal he pre-ordered one game 14 times!!!! He was cut off and the store was called by the DM and RM....I am more than positive he is the reason this deal is dead....I knew he was hoarding the games at TRU b/c his dm was letting him buy as many as he wanted...like the Bloodraynes and the 90% off games...and yes he also gets his employee discount...I hated this guy ...but when my Eb manager friend showed me his preorder list I almost threw up....apparently the manager told me one of his employees let him do multiples and the dumbass didnt even try to cover it up he just got 14 copies of the same game....RED Flag went up...now the are starting a new set up (at least in my East coast region) you can only do a promo 5 times....I know this is in affect at my store (NJ LOCATION) my manager friend said per flyer or something to that effect, b/c we all know they have a million trade 5 deals through the year ...this will basically stop this guy ....best part is that TRU beotch is stuck with a whole lotta stock...I hope they all go POX...as for the rest of the stores can anyone else (east coast at least) confirm the 5 times per promo limit?[/QUOTE]

which NJ EBgames is it? and which TRU is it?

Wow. That sounds like a fair enough deal. A limit to an offer, but the limit is high enough to let you still get the games you want. I am happy with it.

Matthew
btw - I used the PSP trade in offer 6 times. So I would have to do it one less, but that is ok with me.

[quote name='jkam']Intrested as well.[/QUOTE]

I wont say the EB but the TRU is store#6334: RARITAN NJ

I also wanted to make clear that I never go to far with my trade ins.. as i know the manager at my local EB for about 9-10 years now and would never get him in trouble....i did state about 2000 in credit but most of it is from the trade in 5 games deals they have consistantly....that TRU employee was the topic of the last EB phone conference this week.....that guy at TRU ruined these trade ins for all of us

[quote name='Daddy']I wont say the EB but the TRU is store#6334: RARITAN NJ

I also wanted to make clear that I never go to far with my trade ins.. as i know the manager at my local EB for about 9-10 years now and would never get him in trouble....i did state about 2000 in credit but most of it is from the trade in 5 games deals they have consistantly....that TRU employee was the topic of the last EB phone conference this week.....that guy at TRU ruined these trade ins for all of us[/QUOTE]

I didn't jump all over you for the $2000 number . . . I've done at $1000 in the past year without breaking a sweat or making a big effort.

Yes, I did over $400 on this deal (mostly with games not TRU or Blockbuster) but I did $600 before. If one did 12 of the $50 deals (one per month) you get up that high.

The bigger question is: where did that money go!?!

The answer is that I spend quite a bit at EB instore and online. I'm hardly a "devil" customer overall . . . they made money on most of the games that I traded in.

[quote name='schultzed']I didn't jump all over you for the $2000 number . . . I've done at $1000 in the past year without breaking a sweat or making a big effort.

Yes, I did over $400 on this deal (mostly with games not TRU or Blockbuster) but I did $600 before. If one did 12 of the $50 deals (one per month) you get up that high.

The bigger question is: where did that money go!?!

The answer is that I spend quite a bit at EB instore and online. I'm hardly a "devil" customer overall . . . they made money on most of the games that I traded in.[/QUOTE]

All my credit is goin towards XBOX 2...which will cost hefty price and games are 59.99+tax so that credit will get chewed up

[quote name='Daddy']All my credit is goin towards XBOX 2...which will cost hefty price and games are 59.99+tax so that credit will get chewed up[/QUOTE]

OH, so those prices are confirmed now ;)

Or, do we need the "Jump To Conclusions" mat out here now.

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

Wow, this sounds like it would have been a great deal if I'd read about it a few days earlier.

I joined a while ago, but then forgot all about the awesome deals at this place. Today, I remembered it and decided to check in. Sadly the closest EB is hours and hours away (I literally live in the middle of nowhere). The thing making that even worse is that this weekend I was actually up in the Norman/Oklahoma City area. Maybe now I won't forget to check this place regularly lol.

Now I'm done . . . I had 6 games to go back and was getting a bit concerned with my last returns. Left with a card with $252.18 on it . . . whew!

Hey everyone -

I'd like to give props to the EB Games in Queens Mall here in New York. The manager tried the 3 games for 1 PSP promotion for me yesterday and the computer wouldn't take it. So instead of calling customer service, he told me he would call tech support to figure out how to force it through. And he did. So I traded in 15 crummy games and got 5 brand new PSP games, thanks to this particular manager. He spent half an hour making it work for me! What a guy! And in addition, as I was leaving, he gave me the $10 rebate flyers and said "don't forget to send these in and get another $20 bucks back!" All I can say is WOW. The only thing he didn't take were the 2K5 sports games. He said he had too many of them and they weren't accepting them anymore. I didn't push my luck. ;-)

Also, he told me that the "Trade 6 for 2 PSP" games deal on the website is on now through April 15. He said it was, however, only good on "pre-purchase" unlike the 3 for 1 deal (and in fact it does say "pre-purchase" on the web). So the only titles left you can get are ATV Offroad and MLB, since those two aren't scheduled for release until tomorrow. He also told me that many stores aren't honoring that deal since it was never advertised in their store.

All I can say is that there are some really cool people out there, and as far as EB is concerned, I'm ALWAYS going back to the Queens Mall EB (in the new part of the mall, as there are two) even though I live in Manhattan.

And shame on you guys who did this deal just to return the games. You almost ruined it for us who actually wanted them! :)

[quote name='hwong3']And shame on you guys who did this deal just to return the games. You almost ruined it for us who actually wanted them! :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe next time you shouldn't wait until a MONTH into the promotion. Then you won't have to worry about it being ruined for you.

Final props to the OP on this. I got in kind of late, but still used the 9 More Holes exploit.

The best part here is a local EB was running a B2G1 deal since they just opened. As a result, I found PO titles right in the store at a B2G1 price and traded them right back in. Easy as pie didn't even have to leave the store except to get copies of 9 More Holes of XMas.

Doing the math between BB and EB runs, I spent $487 total and ended up with:

PSP

Ape Escape
Dynasty Warriors
Lumines
Mercury
Metal Gear AC!D
NBA
Need for Speed Underground Rivals
Ridge Racer
Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Tony Hawk Underground 2: Remix
Twisted Metal
Untold Legends
Wayne Gretzky NHL
Wipeout Pure x3
World Tour Soccer

PS2

Digital Devil Saga Limited Edition
Shining Tears
Lupin the 3rd
Kessen
Alias

DS

Yoshi Touch and Go

With $358 left in credit.

/bow

[quote name='mmn']Maybe next time you shouldn't wait until a MONTH into the promotion. Then you won't have to worry about it being ruined for you.[/QUOTE]

No need to become defensive. If the promotion lasts until 4/10, then it lasts until 4/10. I don't see why you need to get in on a promotion immediately just in case someone decides to abuse it, thus leading to EB ending a promotion prematurely.

If you don't feel bad about it, then don't feel bad about it. It was merely my opinion.

And my original point, that the EB in Queens Maill is the best, still stands!

As many have mentioned before, the reason why this promotion ended early is because people started to buy the "cheap" games from EB themselves and returning them back to the same or another EB. (this is being confirmed with the local EB worker i talked to today)

So... it's not people who "abused" the promo by buying cheap games elsewhere... they could probably care less. It was the fact that people bought games like malice and pulse racer at EB and sold it back to them that made them end this promo.

So for future reference you're better off not mentioning games to buy at the same place at which the promo is being advertised.

=)

PV

Just a quick side note, I thought it was being discontinued because people kept returning the PSP games for store credit. Maybe I misinterpreted some of the posts.

Also, just wanted to mention that I traded in my own games that I finished playing for this promo, and did not buy cheap games anywhere to trade in for this offer. I'm not looking for a gold star or anything, just saying I actually wanted this promo for what the actual promo was (trade in my old used games for new PSP games) and nothing else.

Like I said, no one needs to get defensive. Obviously, what you do is your own business.

So I apologize to all you who have taken offense to my post. Thank goodness there are great guys like the manager at the EB I went to who were still willing to help me take advantage of this great promo even after it was cancelled. :)

This deal was dead for me when I checked this past friday. I asked the clerk at EB and the only deal he knew about was something about a free game if you pre-ordered the baseball game for the PSP (can't remember which one it is). I asked about the 3 for 1 and that was obviously dead. I asked if there were any other similar ones (sorta like this 6 for 2), but he said no, nothing else.

So good luck to you guys, I'm gonna try to go find 3 more games that are eligible and see what I can get before this friday (tax day)! Good luck to all.

[quote name='hwong3']Just a quick side note, I thought it was being discontinued because people kept returning the PSP games for store credit. Maybe I misinterpreted some of the posts.[/QUOTE]

No, I think that was part of it too. I'm sure you can see how they wouldn't like something like this:

1 buy a couple cheap PO games

2 trade in games for PSP game
3 return PSP game for store credit
4 buy cheap PO games with credit
5 goto 2 [rinse, lather, repeat]

I'm sure how you can see that they would tend to frown on this sort of thing, since you've set up a positive feeback loop for EBGames store credit. EB's got really getting anything out of it, since you're just recycling games through EB''s inventory and sucking out credit for yourself.

[quote name='CaptPete']No, I think that was part of it too. I'm sure you can see how they wouldn't like something like this:

I'm sure how you can see that they would tend to frown on this sort of thing, since you've set up a positive feeback loop for EBGames store credit. EB's got really getting anything out of it, since you're just recycling games through EB''s inventory and sucking out credit for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm just glad I was able to use the offer for what it was meant and get rid of some of my old games.

[quote name='mmn']No, there won't. There have always been deals like this that come along, there always will be. Stop being so paranoid.[/QUOTE]

Stop being so naive. This deal was ended prematurely, and the Jampack 11 exclusion came down in the middle of it. The more we abuse these deals, the fewer we'll get. Look at Gamestop. They have very few worthwhile trade-in deals; EB could follow suit.

[quote name='hwong3']

Also, he told me that the "Trade 6 for 2 PSP" games deal on the website is on now through April 15. He said it was, however, only good on "pre-purchase" unlike the 3 for 1 deal (and in fact it does say "pre-purchase" on the web). So the only titles left you can get are ATV Offroad and MLB, since those two aren't scheduled for release until tomorrow. He also told me that many stores aren't honoring that deal since it was never advertised in their store.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like the offer has been pulled off the website already. According to their site, ATV ships on the 19th and MLB ships on the 12th. I wonder if you could "pre-purchase" 2 ATVs if you have a store who will honor the deal?

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Stop being so naive. This deal was ended prematurely, and the Jampack 11 exclusion came down in the middle of it. The more we abuse these deals, the fewer we'll get. Look at Gamestop. They have very few worthwhile trade-in deals; EB could follow suit.[/QUOTE]

Eh? You are aware that most of the Jampacks were PO earlier this year and that people were trading them in towards Doom 3 and Kessen III pre-orders (they were bumped up tp $10 each) until EB excluded them.

[quote name='CaptPete']No, I think that was part of it too. I'm sure you can see how they wouldn't like something like this:

I'm sure how you can see that they would tend to frown on this sort of thing, since you've set up a positive feeback loop for EBGames store credit. EB's got really getting anything out of it, since you're just recycling games through EB''s inventory and sucking out credit for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yup I posted this a couple of pages back...all you do is up your credit w/o spending any real cash...lovely....like they didnt see this one coming...lol

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Stop being so naive. This deal was ended prematurely, and the Jampack 11 exclusion came down in the middle of it. The more we abuse these deals, the fewer we'll get. Look at Gamestop. They have very few worthwhile trade-in deals; EB could follow suit.[/QUOTE]

I've been here a few months longer than you have, and in that time Gamestop has never had really great trade-in deals. You know its not some recent thing that just started happening. Every now and again they have a "trade 3 get $10 bonus" like they did recently, but mostly they're pretty crappy.

EB, however, always has 2-3 really GOOD trade-in deals per year. And usually they have decent ones 4-5 times per year. It's been that way since I've been here and I seriously doubt it'll change because a few people on a website found out you could trade in a Jampack as a PO game.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Looks like the offer has been pulled off the website already. According to their site, ATV ships on the 19th and MLB ships on the 12th. I wonder if you could "pre-purchase" 2 ATVs if you have a store who will honor the deal?[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess this kind of validates my information, as the manager told me that after the two were released on April 12 in store (although I guess the website has difference release dates) the deal would be removed from the internet site (but apparently still active until the 15th). I think I'll be going back to get the scoop on these deals from him from now on. He seems to be fairly reliable (and accurate).

As a side note, when the manager forced my transaction through he made all the receipts cash sales. My receipts don't have anything on it except for the purchase and the words "Tender: Cash". I guess I could have returned my games for cash. Just for the record, I didn't.

I went to do this deal yesterday with 10 legit games (no cheap crap games, just stuff I never play), and they didn't let me. I was pissed off because I knew that it was on the website that morning when I checked. I wanted MLB and ATV or Twisted Metal for my PSP (that I don't own yet). The guy even scanned my games and Twisted Metal and a PO for MLB to see if it would go through, and it didn't. He told me there will be some more deals coming out on the 15th.

bread's done
Back