(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

So today, this one customer came in and managed to fully pay off two PSP games, practically getting half off until I had to stop him because he was trying to rebuy the games he was trading in. Basically what he did was he went through the entire store's preplayed PS2, XBOX, and GC collection, looking for games priced from $3.99 to $5.99 that were listed as PO instead of POX (it was obvious cuz he kept taking certain games up to check to make sure they really weren't POX). Supposedly he also cleaned out a couple other EBs in the area. Then he took these games and traded them in for $10 each towards PSP games. The problem was that after he traded the games in and left hte store, he later came back, rebought hte games he had traded in, and did it again. Seems like everyone's trying to find a way to exploit the system nowadays, lol.

[quote name='vietgurl']So today, this one customer came in and managed to fully pay off two PSP games, practically getting half off until I had to stop him because he was trying to rebuy the games he was trading in. Basically what he did was he went through the entire store's preplayed PS2, XBOX, and GC collection, looking for games priced from $3.99 to $5.99 that were listed as PO instead of POX (it was obvious cuz he kept taking certain games up to check to make sure they really weren't POX). Supposedly he also cleaned out a couple other EBs in the area. Then he took these games and traded them in for $10 each towards PSP games. The problem was that after he traded the games in and left hte store, he later came back, rebought hte games he had traded in, and did it again. Seems like everyone's trying to find a way to exploit the system nowadays, lol.[/quote]

what store in CA do you work at vietgurl?

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']BB has a special version of Outlaw Golf for the XBOX called 9 extra holes...it's not on the list and its only 2.99[/quote]

So this "game" is not excluded. Can anyone confirm this? I have a couple of copies I'd like to try out. The EB near my job has a used copy of this for $15. :shock:

[quote name='vietgurl']So today, this one customer came in and managed to fully pay off two PSP games, practically getting half off until I had to stop him because he was trying to rebuy the games he was trading in. Basically what he did was he went through the entire store's preplayed PS2, XBOX, and GC collection, looking for games priced from $3.99 to $5.99 that were listed as PO instead of POX (it was obvious cuz he kept taking certain games up to check to make sure they really weren't POX). Supposedly he also cleaned out a couple other EBs in the area. Then he took these games and traded them in for $10 each towards PSP games. The problem was that after he traded the games in and left hte store, he later came back, rebought hte games he had traded in, and did it again. Seems like everyone's trying to find a way to exploit the system nowadays, lol.[/quote]

So uh...can you give the name of those $3.99-$5.99 titles that were listed as PO? :)

i swear it wasnt me, kaji, was it you?

these deals will dry up pretty quick if fools keep trying this nonsense.

after looking over the exclusion list and EB's website two games popped up that AREN'T on the exclusion list:

Battle Engine Aquila - $4.99
Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness - $5.99

Anyone try to trade these in?

[quote name='fivecardstud']after looking over the exclusion list and EB's website two games popped up that AREN'T on the exclusion list:

Battle Engine Aquila - $4.99
Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness - $5.99

Anyone try to trade these in?[/quote]
I'll try those today if I can find them at my GR.

[quote name='generalpatton71']Ok I'm new hear what does PO or POX mean? I figure PO means pre owned but am not sure.[/quote]

PO means pre-owned (scroll over it) and POX means Excluded Pre-owned games

i tried to trade in my jampacks and the guy would only take 1. He also said that promo 3404 thing ended in february and i showed him the receipt for march 7th that i traded in games and it said promo 3404 and even on the receipt he gave me today it said 3404 and he still tried to tell me it ended february. hes an asshat. Im gonna go back tomorrow with my other 7 jampacks while i get yoshi for DS and hopefully there will be a different employee and ill jsut be an agressive customer and ill even lie and said i traded in multiples the other day. They lie to me ill lie back

LOL petemon69! Has anybody traded in the three games for a sony game and then go back and try to get the 40$ in store credit? Lumines is 40$ but it's being published by Ubisoft so I figure it doesn't "qualify" for the three game deal. However if you could get store credit at a later date for one of your sony games that would proably help us all out alot. Unless evreybody plans on buying there hockey game or something lol.

[quote name='servbot']Ico, Panzerdragoon Orta, RE:CV, and Viewtiful Joe

will they work???[/quote]

The exclusion list can be found here: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp

I'll save you the trouble of browsing in there by telling you if they're PO, or POX:

Ico: accepted
Panzer Dragoon Orta: accepted
Resident Evil Code: Veronica: accepted (PS2 and GameCube versions)
Viewtiful Joe: accepted (PS2 and GameCube versions)

Sweeeet, K I just came back from EB games.

Here are the Games I traded for Wipeout Pure (Bottom prices are from normal trade in price to promo price)

Super Monkey Ball (Aww yeah it worked)
3.00-->13.33
Silent Hill 2 (Xbox)
2.00-->13.3
Jak & Daxter 1 (PS2)
1.50-->13.33

So in the end I paid 3.30 for tax for that one

And for Lumines

Kingom Hearts (PS2)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (PS2)
Silent hill 3 (PS2)
Chaos Legion (PS2)

And in the end I paid 3.29 Tax for that.

So from the trade in prices you can load up on some old games like jak and dax hehe and then trade them in =). But this promo is YMMV so I don't know if all EB games will take all these games I traded in. However This EB is rather new (2 weeks old) and I was like thier 25th customer. The person at the counter had no idea of the promotion at all or the special ones for those Sony games.

[quote name='stag8603']i just want to confim that you can cancel the pre-order and put it towards something else before i tried this...thanks.[/quote]

Wait...are you stating that? Or is that in a form of a question? Your use of words puzzle me..

I went through the thread and since noone shared their PO list, I compiled a list of games that are PO and can be found for under $10.

PM me to add/correct stuff.

Xbox

Colin McRae Rally 04
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dance Dance Revolution UltraMix
Dead or Alive 3
MTG
Outlaw Golf 2
Powerdrome racing
Silent Hill 2
Unreal 2
Vodoo Vince
Wakeboarding
Exhibition Volume 5
Outlaw Golf BB exclusive

GC

Crash Bandicoot WoC
Cubix: Robots for Everyone
F-zero
Freak Flyers
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Pitfall
Spider-Man
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars: Rebel Strike demo
Super Monkey Ball
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Zapper

PS2

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Chaos Legion
Devil May Cry 2
Dynasty Warriors 3
Gungrave: Overdose
Jak & Daxter 1
Jampack 11 rated M
Jampack Volume 11 (Winter 2004)
Kingom Hearts
Klonoa 2
Midnight Club II
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Ray-Man 3
Rayman Hoodlum Havoc
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Samurai Warriors
Silent hill 3
SSX3
Timesplitters 2
Tony Hawk's Underground
Astro Boy

Not confirmed / rumor

Blockbuster Outlaw Golf
New Exhibition disks (xbox)
Battle Engine Aquila
Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness
GC/XB Aquaman
GC Virtua Striker
XB Total Immersion Racing
XB Pulse Racer
XB Group S Challenge

Edit : updated, thanks for the pms!

Unsorted but confirmed to work (might not be under $10):

Zelda:Wind Waker(GC)
NBA Street V2 (Xbox)
Medal of Honor:Rising Sun(Xbox)
Lord of the rings:return of the king (xbox)
Second Sight
Project Gotham Racing 2
The Sims Busting out
Psi- Ops (PS2)
Mario Golf
Mortal Kombat: DA (PS2)
007 Everythign or Nothing(GC)

[quote name='Socheata'][quote name='stag8603']i just want to confim that you can cancel the pre-order and put it towards something else before i tried this...thanks.[/quote]

Wait...are you stating that? Or is that in a form of a question? Your use of words puzzle me..[/quote]

my fault, i was asking if you could cancel it. sorry about that...

[quote name='stag8603']i just want to confim that you can cancel the pre-order and put it towards something else before i tried this...thanks.[/quote]

On the flyer it says "No substitutions" so i would assume not, but i don't know for sure. That sucks, cause I wanna do the same thing.

[quote name='darkje']I went through the thread and since noone shared their PO list, I compiled a list of games that are PO and can be found for under $10.

PM me to add/correct stuff.

Xbox

Colin McRae Rally 04
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dance Dance Revolution UltraMix
Dead or Alive 3
MTG
Powerdrome racing
Silent Hill 2
Unreal 2
Vodoo Vince
Wakeboarding

GC

F-zero
Freak Flyers
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Pitfall
Spider-Man
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars: Rebel Strike demo
Super Monkey Ball
Wave Race: Blue Storm

PS2

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Chaos Legion
Devil May Cry 2
Dynasty Warriors 3
Gungrave: Overdose
Jak & Daxter 1
Jampack 11 rated M
Jampack Volume 11 (Winter 2004)
Kingom Hearts
Klonoa 2
Midnight Club II
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Ray-Man 3
Rayman Hoodlum Havoc
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Samurai Warriors
Silent hill 3
SSX3
Timesplitters 2
Tony Hawk's Underground

Not confirmed / rumor

Blockbuster Outlaw Golf
New Exhibition disks (xbox)
Battle Engine Aquila
Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness[/quote]

Thanks for the list Dark.

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='stag8603']i just want to confim that you can cancel the pre-order and put it towards something else before i tried this...thanks.[/quote]

On the flyer it says "No substitutions" so i would assume not, but i don't know for sure. That sucks, cause I wanna do the same thing.[/quote]

that sucks, but maybe i could ebay the games...that sounds like a good idea...

[quote name='petemon69']just return the games back unopened for store credit, they cant turn you down[/quote]

do you mean return them like you got it for your birthday and didn't want it, so you are returning? if so that makes perfect sense, thanks for the idea.

How does this work? Could I just buy some previous owned games that aren't on the exclusion list at EB and then trade those games in?

[quote name='stag8603'][quote name='petemon69']just return the games back unopened for store credit, they cant turn you down[/quote]

do you mean return them like you got it for your birthday and didn't want it, so you are returning? if so that makes perfect sense, thanks for the idea.[/quote]

As in...after you get the games, don't open it. Return to your local EBGames' before the 14 days are up (EB's store policy on unopen merchandise) and tell them that you want to return the game(s) and get store credit.

long ass list.oly my games worth $$$ on ebay arn't on it f-that. importing darkstalkers when the japanese price drops-i know what buttons are punch/kick ;P

"Mail the completed form along with the original EBgames.com packing list (dated 3-14-05 to 4-15-05) and the original proof of purchase (UPC code) from the boxes to:"

I hate cutting out the UPC codes off my video game boxes/inserts... :?

[quote name='KyleEshna']How does this work? Could I just buy some previous owned games that aren't on the exclusion list at EB and then trade those games in?[/quote]

yeah, that would work. but you can scour ebay and other places as well...

[quote name='Socheata'][quote name='stag8603'][quote name='petemon69']just return the games back unopened for store credit, they cant turn you down[/quote]

do you mean return them like you got it for your birthday and didn't want it, so you are returning? if so that makes perfect sense, thanks for the idea.[/quote]

As in...after you get the games, don't open it. Return to your local EBGames' before the 14 days are up (EB's store policy on unopen merchandise) and tell them that you want to return the game(s) and get store credit.[/quote]

thats what i thought...

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ajh2298']Here is a pick from that newer offer(sorry its not the greatest but I tried):

[/quote]

awesome ajh2298, but i thik myself and eveyone else is really more interested in fine print...

can you repic or retype it?[/quote]

SMALL PRINT ON THE BOTTOM
"Offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. Offer not valid at EBgames.com. No substitutions can be made. No rain checks will be issued. Customers may be responsible for sales tax in some states. See sales associate for complete details. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB games. Offer Expires April 10, 2005."[/quote]

wait a minute...

is anyone familiar with this stipulation on thise deal....

stating that...

"trade in three.... get 30 credit toward any one of those $40 games.... pay the extra ten when you pick it up.... then get e gift voucher rebate in tha mail"

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ajh2298']Here is a pick from that newer offer(sorry its not the greatest but I tried):

[/quote]

awesome ajh2298, but i thik myself and eveyone else is really more interested in fine print...

"Offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. Offer not valid at EBgames.com. No substitutions can be made. No rain checks will be issued. Customers may be responsible for sales tax in some states. See sales associate for complete details. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB games. Offer Expires April 10, 2005."[/quote]

wait a minute...

stating that...

"trade in three.... get 30 credit toward any one of those $40 games.... pay the extra ten when you pick it up.... then get e gift voucher rebate in tha mail"[/quote]

damn... page 10 already?

sahme on me for not reading....

Well this deal is not unlike the TRU one...

Go to Gamestop, Blockbuster, EBgames and pick up 3 non POX games for under $10 each.

Go to Ebgames and trade in 3 PO games for one psp game.

If you are lucky you can find 3 games at $5 each and only pay $15 for any on the list.

The only hard part is figuring which cheap ones are PO and not POX.

It sucks to pick up 6 pre played games and then find out that 4 of them are POX at EBgames.

[quote name='joystickz']
wait a minute...

stating that...

"trade in three.... get 30 credit toward any one of those $40 games.... pay the extra ten when you pick it up.... then get e gift voucher rebate in tha mail"[/quote]

I was able to take in three games and walked out with a paid in full pre-order for a game, no sales tax, no mention of the e gift voucher. So, no, I'm not familiar with that stipulation.

[quote name='darkje']Well this deal is not unlike the TRU one...

Go to Gamestop, Blockbuster, EBgames and pick up 3 non POX games for under $10 each.

Go to Ebgames and trade in 3 PO games for one psp game.

If you are lucky you can find 3 games at $5 each and only pay $15 for any on the list.

The only hard part is figuring which cheap ones are PO and not POX.

It sucks to pick up 6 pre played games and then find out that 4 of them are POX at EBgames.[/quote]

just go to whichever store you want to, and find the games that are in the 3-5 dollar price range. write them down on a list, and go home. then check the POX list for those games. go back to the store later on and purchase the games not on the POX list. of course, there might not be too many of these, though. i know it might be a bit tedious, but you wouldn't waste any money on games that you will never play or do anything with.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ajh2298']Here is a pick from that newer offer(sorry its not the greatest but I tried):

[/quote]

wait a minute...

stating that...

where did you here that? did it happen to you or what?

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='vietgurl']So today, this one customer came in and managed to fully pay off two PSP games, practically getting half off until I had to stop him because he was trying to rebuy the games he was trading in. Basically what he did was he went through the entire store's preplayed PS2, XBOX, and GC collection, looking for games priced from $3.99 to $5.99 that were listed as PO instead of POX (it was obvious cuz he kept taking certain games up to check to make sure they really weren't POX). Supposedly he also cleaned out a couple other EBs in the area. Then he took these games and traded them in for $10 each towards PSP games. The problem was that after he traded the games in and left hte store, he later came back, rebought hte games he had traded in, and did it again. Seems like everyone's trying to find a way to exploit the system nowadays, lol.[/quote]

what store in CA do you work at vietgurl?[/quote]

rockridge oakland and downtown berkeley

used to work at the one in utc san diego before i left for college

So I have Metal Gear Acid and Lumines paid off...what game should I trade in more games towards next? I have too many games that I never play...

Another note, Godzilla Destroy all monsters for GC didnt work, but Dynasty Warriors 4 did and Zone of the Enders 2 (Ps2) But I didnt trade those in.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Splashdown (PS2) and XGRA (GCN) both worked for this trade-in deal today.[/quote]

about how much did those cost you, or did you already have them?

[quote name='stag8603'][quote name='Ugamer_X']Splashdown (PS2) and XGRA (GCN) both worked for this trade-in deal today.[/quote]

about how much did those cost you, or did you already have them?[/quote]
Splashdown was priced $10 at Gamerush, but it was part of the B2G1 sale so that made it a little better...I bought XGRA new a long ass time ago at Gamecrazy for $8...I didn't trade it in today though because I only had to trade in 6 games to get my 2 launch titles, but it still works for the deal.

bread's done
Back