Deal Hunting Advice For Someone Who Likes Buying CDs?

Ski Hawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
I like buying CDs, but I really don't know where to find the best deals. I'm pretty sure there isn't a CD CAG. Could anyone help me out?

Just look up independent cd stores in (your city). There's probably a few to be found around you. Or just go to FYE and buy them used. You can usually get them really cheap.

Swap Meets. I usually get cds for about $1-3. If there aren't any decent Swap Meets in your area, try SecondSpin.com when they have their 20% + Free Shipping sale. Another option is Amazon 3d party sellers.

For new CD's I find that Tower.com has some decent deals, though now less than before. There was a time when they would routinely put new releases at $5.99 to $7.99 but now they mostly price them $8.99 to $9.99.

Local, indy shops that sell used records or websites that do the same. I'm not sure what kind of music you're into, but Fat Wreck Chords (a mid-level punk rock label) recently decided to sell all new CD's at $8 with $4 of them going to the artists, which has reinvigorated my interests in CD's as I'm normally a vinyl man.

If you have pretty mainstream taste, then I would agree about yard sales. I buy CD's for $0.25-$0.50 a piece at yard sales all the time. I would also suggest pawn shops, usually you'll pay between $1-$3 a CD, but the selection is a little better.

Besides yardsales and things of that nature, check out secondspin.com. Prices aren't bad, and they run frequent specials with 10-25% off & free shipping, often with no minimum order. Selection varies, but everything I have ordered has been pristine.

Their is a site called www.Swapacd.com I personally don't use it but I use their book and dvd swapping sites so I can vouch for their honesty. I use the dvd swapping site ALOT.

P.S. if you wanted to put down that brian9824 was the one who refered you i wouldn't mind but its not mandatory.

Swaptree is another site like that.

If you're looking for CDs, you shouldn't have a problem, but I personally run into issues of people wanting to trade my games for their CDs or something ridiculous like that. Not the fairest match system.

[quote name='advanced']Local, indy shops that sell used records or websites that do the same. I'm not sure what kind of music you're into, but Fat Wreck Chords (a mid-level punk rock label) recently decided to sell all new CD's at $8 with $4 of them going to the artists, which has reinvigorated my interests in CD's as I'm normally a vinyl man.[/QUOTE]

No wonder why the new NOFX CD was so cheap. I had no idea Fat Wreck Chords did that. Time to check out their site again.

People still BUY CD's? I usually go to the one local shop where they have newer releases for $5-7 each. There's no way in hell I'm paying FYE prices for a CD, since most CD's only have 1-4 songs I like, if that.

Mind ya, I might consider full price for something like the Vice City multi disc soundtrack, but that's because I liked 90% of the music.

If you want music CD's check out the salvation army. They have LOADS of them. All different types of music too.

under a buck a piece

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People still BUY CD's? I usually go to the one local shop where they have newer releases for $5-7 each. There's no way in hell I'm paying FYE prices for a CD, since most CD's only have 1-4 songs I like, if that.

Mind ya, I might consider full price for something like the Vice City multi disc soundtrack, but that's because I liked 90% of the music.[/QUOTE]
$5-7 FYE price? LOL, what FYE have you been going to. Also people like to own the CD of the bands they like and not steal or burn them. Ever thought of that?

Also try pawn shops. Most of them have given up trying to get any real money for CDs, and sell them for $2-$3 each. Same with DVDs, most being $3-$5 tops.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']$5-7 FYE price? LOL, what FYE have you been going to. Also people like to own the CD of the bands they like and not steal or burn them. Ever thought of that?[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't read my post thoroughly, did you? But apparently, you just HAD to add your two cents about it. I said there's a LOCAL SHOP that sells CD's, including new releases, for $5-7 many times.

As for stealing or burning CD's of music, if they actually sold CD singles of the popular songs from CD's for UNDER $3 each, I might actually have a collection of those, since very few albums are really worth it 100% especially for the ripoff price for $13 each.

However, since a typical CD single was about $5 the last time I checked and very few places still sell singles, I'll continue doing what I've been to get my music(buying them cheap from pawn shops or that local shop).

bread's done
Back