Deal on a good PC controller?

cynicalaa22

CAGiversary!
I use the 360 a lot, and I like the controller, so ideally, I'd like to find a good deal on an Xbox 360 (wired, not wireless) controller for Windows.

If not, then any other decent brand, such as Logitech, would be fine.

Thanks!

[quote name='helluvagood']You need a xbox 360 wireless receiver:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/design...oller-gaming-receiver-for-pc-white-grey-47380

I bought it from deal extreme and it works flawlessly. No need to buy another controller[/QUOTE]

He said he'd prefer a wired controller, so there'd be no need for the wireless receiver in that case.. also the wireless receiver you linked to is a knockoff. It probably works fine though, just letting anyone know if they're planning on purchasing it.

Does the 360 controller work for any game, or just Game for Windows? (sorry for the noob question, I'm relatively new to PC gaming)

Thanks!

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Does the 360 controller work for any game, or just Game for Windows? (sorry for the noob question, I'm relatively new to PC gaming)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Most any game that supports standard PC controller input...

[quote name='cynicalaa22']Does the 360 controller work for any game, or just Game for Windows? (sorry for the noob question, I'm relatively new to PC gaming)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Basically, if it's a newer game of the kind that anyone would ever want to play with a controller, it works flawlessly. It won't work with games that you would never want to play with a controller anyway (most strategy games, some RPGs, complex niche shooters, etc), but that's not a negative.

The 360 controller is the de facto standard for all PC games now. Buying anything else is wasting your money unless you REALLY hate it, for some reason. Can't help you out with a deal, but you REALLY should just buy a 360 one. It's to the point now that there are many games (Dungeon Siege III most obviously) that are MADE for the 360 controller. It plays like crap with a keyboard and mouse.

bread's done
Back