Deal on Yourself Fitness for XB or PS2?

bradr

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good deal on Yourself Fitness, either for XB or PS2 (even though the PS2 ver. isn't out yet).

My wife and I were at Sears looking at TVs and she saw this "game" and thought it looked interesting. She goes to Step Aerobics and Jazzercise classes on the weeknights so I thought this would be a good filler exercise program for the weekends if she wanted to exercise on the weekends. Anyway, when your wife/girlfriend expresses interest in a videogame, who would say no?

Since this game doesn't involve shooting, fighting, swords, bombs, etc. I feel like it should be $5. Alas, the price at Sears is $29.99 and I've seen it everywhere else for $34.99. I would have thought that since the XB version has been out for almost a year now and it couldn't possibly (?) be a big seller that stores would have dropped the price on it. If worse comes to worse, I'll pay more or less the retail price for it but if any of you are able to spare me from paying $30 for this game, (the highest I've paid for any videogame since I've been on this site!) I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I saw it in best buy (both Xbox/PS2) yesterday at 29.99, so if you want to GGC it, it would be 24.99, that's the best I can do.

My local Hastings has it for $19.99. If you have a Hastings near you, check there.

On another note, I bought this game for my wife when I had my xbox. It was actually a pretty good workout routine. It also kept track of your progress, and had a lot of great recipes. The only drawback I noticed was that the music was terrible, and you couldn't download your own music. Otherwise, it was a pretty decent excercise program.

I'm gonna side with BD on this one. I haven't even seen it at my Hastings. I'd pay $10 or so, just for the hell of it.

Thanks for the replies, guys. If a better deal doesn't come along, I guess I'll head over to BB tomorrow (it may be PSP crazy there though!). I think I'll get the XB version since you're supposed to be able to make your own routines and it sounds like it would take up a lot of space on the PS2 memory card (something I'm not willing to give up). Since the XB probably still has at least 3gb of free space, seems like the best idea.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add that I don't have a Hastings near me. Although from all the stories I've heard, it wouldn't be too bad to have one near!

I'll be the first to admit that I have it for myself, and not a spouse (she's into Kingdom Hearts anyway, so she's plenty busy).

This program kicked my ass. I have a very sedentary job, and don't take much care of myself. I find that doing this 30 min/day for 5 days a week is incredible.

Hastings sounds like the best deal. Shame there aren't any near here.

myke.

bread's done
Back