Dealing with a Shady Retailer

ArugulaZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
So! I think I found a bum dealer online. Happsie.com claims that you can purchase their items using a credit card, but when you complete your order, you're instead asked to send them a Playstation Network card for the amount of your purchase. Okay, so I'd have no proof of my purchase and can't stop the order if I'm shafted by the company. Sounds legit!

So instead of sending them the PSN credit, I repeatedly asked to have my order cancelled. They won't. They're trying to use enticements to make me follow through with the purchase (send the credit now and we'll give you a free DVD too! Uh, right...) and I'm worried they'll follow that up with threats and intimidation. What do I do to make the order cancellation stick? I've changed my e-commerce passwords just in case.

I know, I know, ordering from these guys wasn't a bright move, but the company was supposedly listed on Google Shopping and was suggested by acquaintances. Hopefully I'll learn something from this.

They can't force you to pay.....

Edit: And I wouldn't buy from any company online unless they took credit/debit cards or PayPal. There are instances where I wouldn't mind "trading" with another CAG or acquaintance for time/point/gift cards but not in the situation where you're in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they definitely won't be getting that PSN credit. I'm confident that a legitimate business wouldn't ask for that as payment.

I'll just keep telling them to cancel the order, I guess. If they pressure me I'll just respond in kind. They don't have my payment information so they have very little leverage.

I wouldn't even respond to them. There is no order since you haven't paid them so their is no reason for you to keep telling them to cancel the order. 

call the better business bureau.

not saying go through with it but your acquaintances suggested them - did they actually order from them and what happened? just curious

If it escalates, I'll certainly do that. And no, he merely suggested it because it came up in a Google Shopping search. Lesson learned, I guess.

bread's done
Back