Deals on HD-A35?

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Like, seriously good deals, less than $75, that kind of thing. I've got a 360 add-on but because the damn 360 makes so much noise, I'm looking for a standalone. I don't mind dropping this extra cash into the format if it will help my existing discs--and future firesale purchases--sound better in the long run.

Let's also get this out of the way: I prefer Blu-ray, I had my PS3 long before my 360 add-on, I'm just trying to get a little extra bang out of HD DVD.

EDIT: Also willing to look at an A3 since my TV de-interlaces well, but the A35 is preferable.

[quote name='redgopher']Like, seriously good deals, less than $75, that kind of thing. I've got a 360 add-on but because the damn 360 makes so much noise, I'm looking for a standalone. I don't mind dropping this extra cash into the format if it will help my existing discs--and future firesale purchases--sound better in the long run.

Let's also get this out of the way: I prefer Blu-ray, I had my PS3 long before my 360 add-on, I'm just trying to get a little extra bang out of HD DVD.[/quote]

You're not going to find a HD-A35 for less than $150, if you're lucky right now. Cheapest new one is with Vanns.com @ $189; refurbs on Amazon.com @ $171.

For what you're asking price wise, only the A3 (CC and Amazon) and D3 (Costco, ???) models come close.

But if you do find one at that price, let this CAG know.

Dude be a bit bendable man. It isn't just that this player is 1080p and 24p it also BITSTREAMS DTS-MA which is the big reason to be getting it, to get the Lossless from the European imports.
As it stands there is "Renaissance", "La Haine" and "T2" all with it. There's also "Brotherhood Of the Wolf" as well if you like that. Almost NONE of these movies are on Blu-Ray yet and the one that is has NO Lossless.
I'm not trying to be a dick about it but until these movies are announced PROMPTLY on Blu-Ray I will still push people to get an A35. As a Foreign movie fan I'm not in the mood to wait while Miramax, FOX and maybe Warner drag their heels.
edit: An A35 as WELL as a BR player, either a BD50, BD30 or PS3. Preferably the Panasonic right now if you want a full BR player audiowise.

[quote name='redgopher']Found a used, perfect condition A35 on craigslist, got it for $90 with the HDMI cable. woot :D[/QUOTE]

Now will you IMPORT some European HD DVD product already?! X-(

bread's done
Back