Deals on Mass Effect 2 for 360

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looking to pick up a copy of Mass Effect 2 for the 360. Has to be new, as I need the Cerebrus code.

It's $20 on amazon which is cheap enough. I'm planning on starting this game relatively soon so I figured if there was another place I could get it cheaper then I'd go for it, otherwise I'll just order from amazon

Ruahrc

You might be able to pick one up from a CAG for less, since with the @Gamer Magazine at BestBuy, folks were able to purchase these for 5USD. Aside from that, there have been YMMV postings about ME2 being 10USD at Walmart.

Yeah I saw the BB thing last month, but I thought the $5 ME2 were all used copies? I need a new one because of the code. I checked and people are trying to sell the code on ebay for as much as I can get the whole game, so it's simply not worth it to go that route.

Might check WalMart but it is a little out of the way for me.

Thanks for the info

I've got a still-sealed Target Clearance copy that I bought over a year ago; it can be yours for $15 shipped.

No. The $5 Best Buy was for NEW copies. If there's a Sears in your area, Google.com/shopping is saying they have them for $12.97/$14.97. You may know this.....but, be sure your zip code is correct when checking.

the best buy copies were vanilla copies that didn't include the cerberus code. the code was newly added to the newer platinum hits version that is listed for 19.99 on amazon.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the best buy copies were vanilla copies that didn't include the cerberus code. the code was newly added to the newer platinum hits version that is listed for 19.99 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Brand new copies that didn't contain the Cerberus code? Guess EA believes you're not supporting the developers if you pay less than $20.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the best buy copies were vanilla copies that didn't include the cerberus code. the code was newly added to the newer platinum hits version that is listed for 19.99 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

The copy that I picked up at Best Buy certainly had the Cerberus code... I wasn't aware there were new copies that shipped without it!

My copy of Mass Effect 2 was not Platinum Hits and it came with a Cerberus Code. Only thing was, I got kind of worried because it said it was expired. I punched it in and it worked though.

I wanted to start playing this right away so I went on a little shopping trip to some local stores. The Wal-mart had a price tag of $20 for ME2 but they had no copies. BB and Target both did not have any either. Picked up the PH version at a Gamestop for $21 after tax. I could have saved a dollar and gone off amazon but I would have had to wait for it to ship. $15, $20, $21, whatever it's all close enough for a game that is supposedly very very good.

And just to confirm, my new/sealed PH version did come with a Cerberus code inside, and it worked just fine. Finally downloaded all the DLC I bought like a year ago when it was on sale and now I'm ready to play :)

I didn't realize that the PH discs have different artwork though. It says PH on the disc as well. Oh well it does not really matter the whole reason I'm looking for a cheap copy is so that I don't have to crack open my sealed ME2 CE for the 360, but still be able to play the game.

bread's done
Back