Deals on TV stands?

xcoax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I'm in the market for a new TV stand/entertainment center. I've got a 32" LCD, and currently don't have enough space for my Wii, PS3, 360, and cable box to exist in harmony together.

Something with decent ventilation would be great, as my cable box is currently shoved up in a small space and heats up like nobody's business.

I picked up this sucker from Target for $32. I liked it beause it was simple and cheap and when I took it home, I liked it a lot more because it was damn well built and ventilates well since there's not much restricting airflow (my receiver is an oven so I needed good airflow). The only bad thing is the wires... they're much too easy too see.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/room1.jpg

BTW, my TV's 32" too, that should give you an idea about the size.:)

hey I have that stand too and my TV is 46 inches, still works great for it. I picked it up at bed bath and beyond for $27. Easy to assemble and light weight.

Thats not bad. I'd be afraid to use my 360 vertical like that though due to all the people complaining about disc scratching.

This might fit your needs http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7801564

I got it when I moved a couple weeks ago it perfectly fits my 32" HDTV. Top shelf holds my 360, Wii (on it's side), PS3 with about an inch ventilation room to spare in between each. Plus the back is wide open except the middle so you can hide cords and the sides are vented thanks to the design of it. Bottom shelf holds my cable box and receiver. Then the huge ass drawer to hold all your crap. Looks nice and very sturdy well worth the $100 price tag. It's the robinwood collection they have a whole line of matching stuff for it.

Edit: snapped a pic of mine, camera sucks so yea. :) GOt my 360 and Wii power supplies hidden on the top behind the tv so they stay cool.
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setupcagvs9.jpg

Thats actually everything I have, minus the reciever plus the 360 HD-DVD add on. I have the exact same cable box, does yours run rediculously hot? I touched the back of mine around where the cable plugs in, and I'm surprised I don't have burn marks on my hand its so hot.

Also, it looks a little tall. I've got a fairly low sitting couch and my current 20" tall stand is just about perfect eye level.

[quote name='xcoax']Thats actually everything I have, minus the reciever plus the 360 HD-DVD add on. I have the exact same cable box, does yours run rediculously hot? I touched the back of mine around where the cable plugs in, and I'm surprised I don't have burn marks on my hand its so hot.[/quote]

LOL I just touched it and it's warm but not hot. I remember it being extremely hot the couple times I had to get in there and fish around in the old enertainment stand I had. It was a really cramped area and the airflow sucked in where I had the box. It's got plenty of airflow since I've got the shelf jacked up high to let the tall ass receiver breathe. Shelves are adjustable so you might be able to drop it enough to let you Wii / HD addon stand up. Right now my Wii can stand up straight but you can't put a disk in because of the upper molding....

site says
Product in Inches (L x W x H):42.87 x 19.09 x 30.32

bread's done
Back