Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

Is going to be midnight launches besides gamestops??? Anybody heard anything from Bestbuy or Circuit City? Just curious.

here's my plan, use 10gc I got from walmart from that preorder fiasco.

Buy it from walmart for 40buks

Preorder from CC to get 10gc. Buy it from CC on the day of its releas.

Return the walmart's delivery to CC.

Two other options, we still haven't heard from target,best buy, and tru fit their offering of ssbb

Which ever place I get it from.

Always keep the receipt, that way, if there's any better deal within 30days, I can get the full price money back

[quote name='heyheyhey11']here's my plan, use 10gc I got from walmart from that preorder fiasco.

Two other options, we still haven't heard from target,best buy, and tru fit their offering of ssbb

Always keep the receipt, that way, if there's any better deal within 30days, I can get the full price money back[/QUOTE]

say what? All this for like $20? :lol:

The Circuit City webpage says the following:

Free: $10 gift card with purchase
Free $10 Gift Card with Pre-Order! Offer ends 3/8/08!

So, is that two seperate $10 cards? One you get the day you preorder and one for the purchase? This just got a little sweeter.

Trade in 2 Selected Wii Games at Gamestop and get SSBB for 10 bucks.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&affid=3000&WT.mc_id=022608nl

Trade in 2 WII games from the group below towards the reservation or purchase of Super Smash Bros Brawl and pay only $9.99!

Select Games: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Excite Truck, FIFA Soccer 08, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Heatseeker, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Madden NFL 08, Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, MLB Power Pros, My Sims, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, NBA Live 08, Need for Speed: Pro Street, NiGHTS, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, The Simpsons Game, Sims 2: Castaway, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Thrillville, Tiger Woods 2008, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Expires: 3/16/2008. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks.

^ Yeah I was just coming here to post that. Can any of those games be obtained for $10 or less? Maybe Brunswick Pro Bowling or Heatseeker?

[quote name='hoofrog']The Circuit City webpage says the following:

So, is that two seperate $10 cards? One you get the day you preorder and one for the purchase? This just got a little sweeter.[/quote]I'm pretty sure it's just one, but if it is two, then this is an awesome deal, and I'll have to get in on it.

[quote name='burningrom2']I'm not holding my breath for a TRU $25 gc, I went with the circuit city free $10 gc deal today. If your on the edge about the Circuit city deal i advise u move soon since its set to expire soon. this whole notion that TRU is going to do another free $25gc is kind of ridiculous, but who knows.[/quote]

I will give TRU 3 more days. Big things always happen on Feb 29th....

I know that a previous poster mentioned this but TRU is offering some kind of deal where you get 50% off Wii games when you order Brawl. I don't know if this is limited to select titles or not, because in all honesty there are only a handful of Wii games worth your money anyways.

Source you ask? I saw a thumbnail on the front page of TRU.com showing next week's circular earlier this week.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']here's my plan, use 10gc I got from walmart from that preorder fiasco.

Always keep the receipt, that way, if there's any better deal within 30days, I can get the full price money back[/quote]

I don't think CC will let you keep the gift card if you return Smash Bros?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet (and I'm not going to wade through this entire thread to see if it has), but entering coupon code NINTENDO at checkout on EBGames.com will give you free overnight shipping. I hope that's of use and interest to some of you.

i iwhs best buy was doing something, they are by far my favorite retailer (rewardzones, i love those) to buy games if they are "just released" and i cant wait a few months for price drops.

So, is that two seperate $10 cards? One you get the day you preorder and one for the purchase? This just got a little sweeter.[/QUOTE]

I am so on that.

question: why is buying something cheap and returning it for full price elsewhere considered fraud?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']I am so on that.

question: why is buying something cheap and returning it for full price elsewhere considered fraud?[/quote]

Are you serious?

Say you buy a game online for cheap and return it to Walmart for full price. Walmart is effectively paying for your game at a price much higher than what they pay for their suppliers. Returning items to a store different from where you got them from is taking advantage of a company's lenient return policies. Keep at it and companies will tighten their return policies and when you actually have a legit return you may find yourself SOL.

[quote name='briandadude']Are you serious?

Say you buy a game online for cheap and return it to Walmart for full price. Walmart is effectively paying for your game at a price much higher than what they pay for their suppliers. Returning items to a store different from where you got them from is taking advantage of a company's lenient return policies. Keep at it and companies will tighten their return policies and when you actually have a legit return you may find yourself SOL.[/QUOTE]

so, putting the policy in practice makes walmart pissed?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']so, putting the policy in practice makes walmart pissed?[/quote]

No, you are abusing the policy.

They graciously allow returns in the event that you have misplaced your receipt. They have no intention of taking back orders from other merchants; if you honestly tell them why you are returning they would never allow it.

A little sad to see what people do for a couple bucks, shame.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']so, putting the policy in practice makes walmart pissed?[/quote]

The policy is supposed to be used for crap that you or someone else actually bought there.

So, is that two seperate $10 cards? One you get the day you preorder and one for the purchase? This just got a little sweeter.[/QUOTE]
I just got back from CC, they do not have the $10 GC offer in store. So when I mentioned that it was posted their website the rep just looked it up on one of the demo computers to confirmed and then rang up SSBB for the adjusted $39.99 ($5 deposit) and a $10 GC. I paid $15 + tax for the deposit and owe $38. But since he gave me GC right then, instead of when the game comes in, I can use it to pay the balance when I pick up the game. Plus I get it release day.

Even though Walmart may allow you to return without receipt that doesn't mean that you should abuse that policy. There's a matter of morality here, more than legality. "All things are lawful for me but not all things are helpful."

Always keep the receipt, that way, if there's any better deal within 30days, I can get the full price money back[/quote]

How about this... (this is what I plan on doing)

go to gamestop's midnight launch with friends. Buy the game, play all night.

Go to TRU the next day, buy brawl + another game (50% off), return brawl to gamestop.

even though I probably wont do this but it's a good plan! This way, you get brawl, play all night, AND get the 50% another game deal :)

[quote name='Penguin1084']How about this... (this is what I plan on doing)

go to gamestop's midnight launch with friends. Buy the game, play all night.

Go to TRU the next day, buy brawl + another game (50% off), return brawl to gamestop.

even though I probably wont do this but it's a good plan! This way, you get brawl, play all night, AND get the 50% another game deal :)[/quote]

One flaw in your plan.

Opened games can only be exchanged for another copy of the same game. You can't return it for your money back unless the game is sealed.

He would just return the TRU copy to Gamestop. At first I wondered, but then I figured it out. Why don't you just get the copy from TRU and not bother with all the hassle? So you miss out on 1 day of a video game, is it really worth all that?

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']He would just return the TRU copy to Gamestop. At first I wondered, but then I figured it out. Why don't you just get the copy from TRU and not bother with all the hassle? So you miss out on 1 day of a video game, is it really worth all that?[/QUOTE]

To many, yes.

[quote name='rapsodist']Even though Walmart may allow you to return without receipt that doesn't mean that you should abuse that policy. There's a matter of morality here, more than legality. "All things are lawful for me but not all things are helpful."[/quote]

What about Wal-Mart and morality? That's oxymoronic.

[quote name='thenockmlb']What about Wal-Mart and morality? That's oxymoronic.[/quote]

So, the cure for your perceived immorality in Wal-Mart is . . . more immorality.

[quote name='thenockmlb']What about Wal-Mart and morality? That's oxymoronic.[/quote]

What about them? I hate when people make sweeping judgments. My great uncle is completely deaf and Walmart takes care of him and makes sure that he is safe and sound, even when he is not supposed to be working. The fact is when you are a company as large and ubiquitous as Walmart, things are bound to happen, but that does not mean you should boycott them and/or return merchandise inappropriately.

[quote name='briandadude']What about them? I hate when people make sweeping judgments. My great uncle is completely deaf and Walmart takes care of him and makes sure that he is safe and sound, even when he is not supposed to be working. The fact is when you are a company as large and ubiquitous as Walmart, things are bound to happen, but that does not mean you should boycott them and/or return merchandise inappropriately.[/quote]

And for every one good thing they do there is another 100 that reaffirms their negative qualities.

[quote name='Gillespee']So, the cure for your perceived immorality in Wal-Mart is . . . more immorality.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that.

[quote name='rapsodist']Even though Walmart may allow you to return without receipt that doesn't mean that you should abuse that policy. There's a matter of morality here, more than legality. "All things are lawful for me but not all things are helpful."[/QUOTE]

ugh....I should feel bad, but the opportunity is so there....does any cag have to deal with this dilemma in their minds...and in their hearts?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']ugh....I should feel bad, but the opportunity is so there....does any cag have to deal with this dilemma in their minds...and in their hearts?[/quote]

Nope here.

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']He would just return the TRU copy to Gamestop.[/quote]

Ooooh, right. Never did that before, so that slipped my mind.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']ugh....I should feel bad, but the opportunity is so there....does any cag have to deal with this dilemma in their minds...and in their hearts?[/quote]

Sure you save a couple dollars, but does it really matter? I mean we're all CAG's, but it isn't Crooked Ass Gamers. I understand that Wal-Mart isn't the most stand-up company in the world, but that doesn't mean you should take advantage of them. Otherwise why wouldn't you buy all the brand new games off of Ebay for cheaper than MSRP and then return them to Wal-Mart for gift cards? It's just shady that's all. Taking advantage of people is for those who cannot do it on their own. Well if you own a video game system then you can afford a game for $50. Being cheap about something is one thing, being a liar and shady is another thing entirely.

However, I am not without sin; therefore, I shall not cast the first stone. I won't pass judgment on those who choose to swindle companies, but I don't like the idea of it.

2 cents

[quote name='eastx']Could we keep lame moral discussions out of a deal thread, please?[/QUOTE]

just trying to keep the thread alive

i guess im getting too used to the atlus boards

[quote name='cheapwiigamer']Sure you save a couple dollars, but does it really matter? I mean we're all CAG's, but it isn't Crooked Ass Gamers. I understand that Wal-Mart isn't the most stand-up company in the world, but that doesn't mean you should take advantage of them. Otherwise why wouldn't you buy all the brand new games off of Ebay for cheaper than MSRP and then return them to Wal-Mart for gift cards? It's just shady that's all. Taking advantage of people is for those who cannot do it on their own. Well if you own a video game system then you can afford a game for $50. Being cheap about something is one thing, being a liar and shady is another thing entirely.

However, I am not without sin; therefore, I shall not cast the first stone. I won't pass judgment on those who choose to swindle companies, but I don't like the idea of it.

2 cents[/quote]

To add to that, Walmart's one of the few places remaining that will take back an item without a receipt. Let's not kill that policy since I'm sure there will be many times in the future when we will legitimately need it.

for the CC do we get $20 in GC?

says on the site

• Free $10 Gift Card with Pre-Order! Offer ends 3/8/08!

[quote name='Furashu']for the CC do we get $20 in GC?

says on the site

• Free $10 Gift Card with Pre-Order! Offer ends 3/8/08![/quote]

Nah, it's just poorly formatted.

The first line is the deal, the 2nd just says that the deal ends on the 8th.
They could have just said "Offer ends...", but instead they specified the offer.

bread's done
Back