Death Smiles - Limited Edition announced

freshzen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/04/01/deathsmiles-limited-edition-get-not-an-april-fools-joke/

$49.99 for this....
985__500x375_ds_x360_limited.jpg

Still not release dated, just says "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE." I'm thinking May or June. I'll try to update with pre-order information, official trailers, and whatever else once they're available.

Wow. Faceplate in a limited edition. It seems like the only way to get faceplates is ebay. Don't they usually have them when you pre-order too?

[quote name='2DMention']Wow. Faceplate in a limited edition. It seems like the only way to get faceplates is ebay. Don't they usually have them when you pre-order too?[/QUOTE]

Some games in the past have used faceplates as a pre-order bonus (UT3, Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata), but its fairly rare. There are also some companies that make them for retail, usually ranging around $19.99 to $39.99. Usually just the bigger name titles (Call of Duty, Street Fighter, Mass Effect). I am pretty certain this is the first time a collector set has included a faceplate though. I don't know what I'll do with the box but I'm totally going to use the faceplate.

[quote name='freshzen']Some games in the past have used faceplates as a pre-order bonus (UT3, Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata), but its fairly rare. There are also some companies that make them for retail, usually ranging around $19.99 to $39.99. Usually just the bigger name titles (Call of Duty, Street Fighter, Mass Effect). I am pretty certain this is the first time a collector set has included a faceplate though. I don't know what I'll do with the box but I'm totally going to use the faceplate.[/QUOTE]

Over here in the US yes that is true.

In Japan it is a bit more common. Like this:
EspgaludaII&Faceplate.jpg

Looking forward to the game, but don't care about the extras. Is there any word on a, presumably less expensive, non-LE version?

[quote name='crunchewy']Looking forward to the game, but don't care about the extras. Is there any word on a, presumably less expensive, non-LE version?[/QUOTE]

If you wait 6 months or a year then you could buy the game without the faceplate for around $20-30 I would think.

^^True, but now many copies of the LE will they make versus how many they'd sell? The Blazblue LE got wiped out pretty quickly because it was the second coming of the 2D fighter era and everyone was HYPE!!!! With this, I don't think the masses will be running to play a shmup, so it should be interesting to see if the LE just stays on the shelf causing to Aksys shelf a second printing.

cmon guys, its $50! Ten dollars less than the "usual" priced games plus theyre throwing in some decent freebies!
And just because its cheaper doesnt make it less of a game either!

I'm not much of a shmup fan, but with such a great LE and an awesome price-point I'm pretty sure I'll be pre-ordering this badboy.

bread's done
Back