Deathproof DVD deals or store bonuses?

Yes Bestbuy is having a steel book edition which may or may not have a bonus disc. And it looks badass.

They were all posted on a previous thread. There were pictures for the regular 2 disc versions and the Bestbuy exclusive steelbooks with information about both.

Nope !

Planet Terror needs to come our first, as a stand alone disc, and with no release date right now for it who knows when it will come out.

After that gets released, then the "GrindHouse Collection" a double disc collectors edition can come out few months later.

Then a few more months later or some sorta of summer/holiday release of the "Complete Grindhouse Collection" with the fake movie trailers included on DVD & HD formats.

[quote name='LanceJr']Nope !

Planet Terror needs to come our first, as a stand alone disc, and with no release date right now for it who knows when it will come out.

After that gets released, then the "GrindHouse Collection" a double disc collectors edition can come out few months later.

Then a few more months later or some sorta of summer/holiday release of the "Complete Grindhouse Collection" with the fake movie trailers included on DVD & HD formats. [/QUOTE]

Yup I'm waiting for them in either HD format with all the extras. Not getting suckered on these.

0095-0509-2414-2943_SM.jpg

Ok these are uncut cleaned up versions of the seperate films. Planet Terror will also get a steelbook on October 16th. Why wouldn't you want a three disc version of Deathproof with an extra half an hour. These movies made no money in theaters because no one wanted to see a double feature but now that they are getting split up people don't want two seperate movies. These dvds are high quality releases and should be purchased in support of Grindhouse. I will be buying these three disc steelbooks and later a full "Grindhouse" release with trailers and grain. Other countries have yet to see these films and we should be lucky to receive such excellent dvd releases.

[quote name='Padfeet']Ok these are uncut cleaned up versions of the seperate films. Planet Terror will also get a steelbook on October 16th. Why wouldn't you want a three disc version of Deathproof with an extra half an hour. These movies made no money in theaters because no one wanted to see a double feature but now that they are getting split up people don't want two seperate movies. These dvds are high quality releases and should be purchased in support of Grindhouse. I will be buying these three disc steelbooks and later a full "Grindhouse" release with trailers and grain. Other countries have yet to see these films and we should be lucky to receive such excellent dvd releases.[/QUOTE]

I just want them in HD... I enjoyed both movies but dont want to waste money on an SD release with and HD release possibly looming in the future

[quote name='zman73']I just want them in HD... I enjoyed both movies but dont want to waste money on an SD release with and HD release possibly looming in the future[/QUOTE]
Both Planet Terror & Death Proof are being released on HD DVD in Germany before the end of the year, so you can import if you have to have in in HD now, and can't wait until Weinstein releases them locally

What are the odds of the best buy death proof steel case dvd selling out at every store this Tuesday?

they say there will be a minumum of 15 per store.

as a heads up, fye has a deal on these. you get a poster for each movie when you pre-order each one, and if you order both, you get some sort of case. i asked a clerk what the case for the movies would look like, but she was clueless.

[quote name='Padfeet']Ok these are uncut cleaned up versions of the seperate films. Planet Terror will also get a steelbook on October 16th. Why wouldn't you want a three disc version of Deathproof with an extra half an hour. These movies made no money in theaters because no one wanted to see a double feature but now that they are getting split up people don't want two seperate movies. These dvds are high quality releases and should be purchased in support of Grindhouse. I will be buying these three disc steelbooks and later a full "Grindhouse" release with trailers and grain. Other countries have yet to see these films and we should be lucky to receive such excellent dvd releases.[/quote]

Whoa, grindhouse appologist much. I tried that with friends, but realized that even the biggest movie nerds should know it would never work with american audiences. I enjoyed it but many many people didnt, therefore it wont sell well.

There are pics of it are on dvdtalk forums. The 3rd disc comes in a paper sleeve and it totally blank and I believe it will be 22.99.

[quote name='ShaneFalco']What are the odds of the best buy death proof steel case dvd selling out at every store this Tuesday?

they say there will be a minumum of 15 per store.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the odds are pretty good since the other steel books have gone pretty fast in previous weeks. I'm sure YMMV depending on where you live though.

If you preorder Deathproof & Planet Terror together you get $5 off each from Moviestop. It brings each down to a little over $10 each.

This is uncut, cleaned up? Man, that sucks. I'd rather have the all torn to hell versions.

Is there a theatrical version on the disc?

I think the 300 best buy helmet set was limited to 15 per store so I preordered planet terror steel book from bestbuy.com just in case even though I have to pay for shipping and sales tax

I Dont get this, why should I pay for Deathproof alone? I want grindhouse not Deathproof, i want the trailers the and the two movies like i saw in the theatres as it should be, seperate the discs but sell it as one whole package. If you never seen grindhouse Then who the hell is going to pick up Deathproof?..What the fuck is deathproof? why should i buy it? Give me a good reason? was deathproof in theatres i dont know i remember Seeing posters for grindhouse but Deathproof?

The Movie bombed at theatres not because it was two movies, well the time did hurt a lil bit, but mostly due to bad advertising, only those who truly enjoy those campy type 70's flashback movies went and saw it, the mainstream audiences were confused and saw something else.

And now theyre releasing it as seperate DVD's???? What's the deal! Why should i pay Double or triple for something that i saw as a whole? This is going to only hurt the franchise, and i would love to see Grindhouse 2 (electric Boogaloo)

I aint buying, Give me double or...Im buying a taco or something

[quote name='TC']Yup I'm waiting for them in either HD format with all the extras. Not getting suckered on these.

0095-0509-2414-2943_SM.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, seems kind of pointless to wait for an HD release, since part of the charm of the film is the crappy visuals.

[quote name='rebenns']Hmmm, seems kind of pointless to wait for an HD release, since part of the charm of the film is the crappy visuals.[/quote]

Yeah but seeing those crappy visuals in HD, makes them even better. Just kidding, well actually, wait, I still want it in HD. :)

[quote name='rebenns']Hmmm, seems kind of pointless to wait for an HD release, since part of the charm of the film is the crappy visuals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Wasn't the DP print kinda grainy to begin with anyways, so it'd have that old school, grindhouse feel to it?

In all seriousness, maybe this is why they don't want to make an HD release. For the remaster, wouldnt they have to reprocess in all that faux grainyness for the HD edition? I think they should have released this on like a crappily dubbed VHS just to be funny.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']In all seriousness, maybe this is why they don't want to make an HD release. For the remaster, wouldnt they have to reprocess in all that faux grainyness for the HD edition? I think they should have released this on like a crappily dubbed VHS just to be funny.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

If it was already done for the theatrical release, it should be just fine for an HD release since the theatrical is at an even higher resolution than 1080P

I liked death proof a lot more than planet terror so I am totally down to this. Too bad I have class on tuesday mornings and wouldn't be able to make it to best buy to pick up the steel book version until like 5pm.

i just picked up the steel book version, it's labeled 29.99 but rings up for 22.99

the bonus disk is just in a white envelope and is an interview with tarrantino, rodriguez and the actors

the interview is broken into sections like history of grindhouse, the babes of grindhouse, renegade guys of grindhouse, hot rods of grindhouse, trailers of grindhouse

i think it might be from something shown or made for tv because all the curses are bleeped out

sound is inconsistant too, levels drop to really low randomly which leads me to believe it was made for TV but never finished or shown

Most BB bonus discs are from TV interviews, or internet specials. No real production value on any of them I have seen.

**I am only referring to the the BB exclusive type DVD bonus discs and nothing else however**

Question about the BB steelbook version with the bonus disc: do all BB steelbook copies come with the extra disc or is it just specially marked ones?

[quote name='rsigley']i just picked up the steel book version, it's labeled 29.99 but rings up for 22.99

the bonus disk is just in a white envelope and is an interview with tarrantino, rodriguez and the actors

the interview is broken into sections like history of grindhouse, the babes of grindhouse, renegade guys of grindhouse, hot rods of grindhouse, trailers of grindhouse

i think it might be from something shown or made for tv because all the curses are bleeped out

sound is inconsistant too, levels drop to really low randomly which leads me to believe it was made for TV but never finished or shown[/QUOTE]

Ha I remember actually seeing this stuff on either Spike TV or USA the weeks before Grindhouse came out in theaters.

As for the bonus disc, it's with all the steelbooks. There were none without it at my Best Buy.

[quote name='Sirusjr']I liked death proof a lot more than planet terror so I am totally down to this. Too bad I have class on tuesday mornings and wouldn't be able to make it to best buy to pick up the steel book version until like 5pm.[/quote]

Hopefully they'll have some when you get there. I was there when it opened up and there were only about 16 copies and I picked up two of them (Westwood location). My friend called me 45 after his BestBuy opened and told me they were all sold out of the steelbooks. Apparently there were about 40 people lined up for it and that location had only 20 copies. So I went back to get him a copy and luckily there were still 4 left. I've heard some stores have had up to 70 copies but it all depends on location. Good luck.

Damn, I just checked Ebay and the 3-disc Steelbooks are selling for $40-$50 BIN. Guess I should have picked up a couple extras to flip when I bought mine.

[quote name='Albinofury']just wait 2 or 3 months id bet the farm on a grindhouse full release by xmas.[/quote]

doubtful, considering it took 3 or so years for a kill bill complete collection to be announced.

[quote name='getfckedx']doubtful, considering it took 3 or so years for a kill bill complete collection to be announced.[/quote]

For that matter they'd only have two months to advertise it, since it's almost October now, and there's been no announcment.

[quote name='projecteightysix']Did anybodys steelbook come with the bonus disc having a rather large scratch on it?[/quote]

yes, they were made that way specificallyl for everyone...

ps, sorry i could not help that, but seriously, do you think that everyone is getting a huge scratch on their $22.99 DVD set? I'd take it back and exchange it.

[quote name='ilyap30']yes, they were made that way specificallyl for everyone...

ps, sorry i could not help that, but seriously, do you think that everyone is getting a huge scratch on their $22.99 DVD set? I'd take it back and exchange it.[/QUOTE]
Well it is an hour drive up and back to my local best buy.

I was asking because its in a CD envelope, which I figured would be pretty hard to do since there is nothing that can scratch it inside the case. I was just wondering if anybody else had that happen to them, no reason to be an ass bro.

My bonus disc in the steel case is fine. The paper sleeve was smashed up pretty good to get it to fit in there though but thats ok.

I also don't understand why they are releasing the 2 movies seperately either. I thought for sure that they'd be on 1 dvd since it was a double feature. I saw this at the movies and was going to buy the dvd since I like the movies but won't pay to get the movies seperately, I didn't like them that much!

bread's done
Back