Debunked: Limited Edition E3 Faceplates don't fit

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Well, I know a lot of us went out and spent hundreds of dollars on eBay buying one of these faceplates. Unfortunately, it's not going to fit the X360. Somewhat humorous.

From 360updates.com
Andru over at Playfeed reports that the special edition Xbox 360 faceplate Microsoft gave away at the E3 2005 show does not fit onto the final Xbox 360.

How funny is that? Apparently Microsoft still made some changes to the case after the E3 2005 show. Playfeed gave the E3 2005 faceplate away. There are still some available on eBay.

I really dont think "a lot" of us bought one of those, but I find it hilarious. If I was into conspiracy theory, I would almost think MS did it intentionally to burn the sellers of promotional merchandise, and to deter it in the future. Then again, if I paid more for a faceplate than the damn console, I'm not sure that I would even consider using it.

[quote name='wildnuts02']Funny. I'm glad to see that MS is still tweaking things.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the 360 will now be backwards compatible with more than two original Xbox games at launch. :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Perhaps the 360 will now be backwards compatible with more than two original Xbox games at launch. :D[/QUOTE]

God, don't remind me! ;) I may have old my Xbox for nothing...

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Perhaps the 360 will now be backwards compatible with more than two original Xbox games at launch. :D[/QUOTE]

Well, they're pretty much stuck with whatever they loaded on the hard drive at this point since X360's have been in production for a while now. I'm sure we'll have some patches to download for more games at launch though. It certainly sucks if you don't have Live though.

most of the people who paid that much really don't plan to use them as faceplate anyway in my opinion. People willing to pay that much are usually collectors and will probably put it in some glass case.

36owned.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Dammit. It would have been great if this were true... I still can't believe some morons paid $600+ for a fucking faceplate.

[quote name='tearofangst']they fit, unfortunately...

here: http://www.majornelson.com/[/QUOTE]

Sorry for spreading the false info. Regardless, Major Nelson has seemed really bitchy lately. I know I can't be the only one that has noticed this, but anytime he answers questions on his Podcast, he seems to think every question asked is stupid. If this is something he is doing for fun, I wish he wouldn't get so pissy anytime he has to proove that a rumor is incorrect or answer a question that may have been asked before. If you are going to give us information, don't make those that are interested in your product feel stupid in the process. I'm about ready to unsubscribe from his Podcast because of the way he reacts to questions. Seventy-five percent of his Podcast is him talking about what he ate or who he saw, and then 25% is actual information about the 360 where he relunctantly answers people's questions.

i think the face plates make the console look tacky since it's only the front of the console that is changed and the design gets cut off.

[quote name='shipwreck']Sorry for spreading the false info. Regardless, Major Nelson has seemed really bitchy lately. I know I can't be the only one that has noticed this, but anytime he answers questions on his Podcast, he seems to think every question asked is stupid. If this is something he is doing for fun, I wish he wouldn't get so pissy anytime he has to proove that a rumor is incorrect or answer a question that may have been asked before. If you are going to give us information, don't make those that are interested in your product feel stupid in the process. I'm about ready to unsubscribe from his Podcast because of the way he reacts to questions. Seventy-five percent of his Podcast is him talking about what he ate or who he saw, and then 25% is actual information about the 360 where he relunctantly answers people's questions.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, most of the questions ARE stupid and can be answered by consulting the Xbox website.

I don't get why this is such a big issue... Look ahead and move on (and keep your damn Xbox)!

I cant to see what people are going to do with that front light.

54084178_e73e8726d0.jpg

I mean, could you imagine that in a bright blue?! Ah! I cant wait. If anyone can photoshop that light to be blue that would be awesome.

bread's done
Back