Decal Girl 25% off sale (April 18-22)

Cool they have Xperia Play skins! The digital urban camo would go nice with the new urban camo PS3 bluetooth headset...

I remember reading Decalgirlz quality sucks or something before. how are they really? does someone have pictures for some of their decals (i.e., not photoshopped)

I do not have any pictures, but I did have a skin from Decal Girl on my Wii for a couple years. The quality is actually pretty good. No peeling that I noticed from the day I put it on to the day I took it off. It didn't leave over any leftover residue when I took it off either. I was very happy with my skin. Made the Wii a little bit more interesting to look at.

[quote name='djricekcn']I remember reading Decalgirlz quality sucks or something before. how are they really? does someone have pictures for some of their decals (i.e., not photoshopped)[/QUOTE]

I have one on my DS Lite. part of it started to fold and stick to itself as I was putting it on. It started to stretch as I was trying to get it unstuck so I just left it like that. It is starting to peel in a corner or two but I would expect that after being on for a few years. Nothing that's bad enough to prevent me from ordering more from them.

This comes at the right time, I was looking to order something for my 3DS and maybe my Vita.

I love my Flower Fire skin for my 3ds, and loved the blue fire pattern skin for the Wii before I shelved that console.

I've also used their skins on gaming controllers, and to spruce up an old dumbphone.

The latest idea I was toying with was using a large laptop decal girl sheet, cutting it up and fitting it to our Neato Robotic Vacuum. Might take a look and see if they have a 'Tuxedo' or 'Butler' theme.

[quote name='djricekcn']I remember reading Decalgirlz quality sucks or something before. how are they really? does someone have pictures for some of their decals (i.e., not photoshopped)[/QUOTE]

Quality is very good. Had one on my PSP for roughly 3-4 years with only a small amount of peeling in one of the corners after 3+ years or so. I peeled off the one side and it left no residue. My brother still has his on his PSP from the same time I put mine on and it still looks brand new. Not sure where you heard their quality sucks, but I think you heard wrong.

Below is an image of my PSP with a decalgirlz sticker on it. This is from years ago and it also has a clear casing around it as well. I personally love the look.
1dsc01234ni9.jpg

The quality if the actual stickers are good, but the printing was TERRIBLE on the one I got for my Wife's Kindle. It looked like somebody printed the image out from a low res file and then used an office printer meant only for texts to print it out with.

I have Decalgirl stickers for my handheld consoles, one for my DS and the other on my PSP. I've had them for a couple years, quality is good, and I have had no issues with them cracking or fading. I also paid a little bit extra to have the matte finish on both skins to prevent fingerprints from showing on my handhelds. Some of friends also have them on their devices and they hold up pretty well.

I really love the skins for the PSPs--they also come with a matching screensaver to completely coordinate your device.

The only reason I have not bought one for my 3DS is because my husband gave me a Zelda themed protective case for Xmas last year. (If said case ever wears out or breaks, however, I will be going straight to Decalgirl to get a new skin for it).

I might buy one for my Wii during this sale just so I can coordinate it with the furniture in my loft.

I wish you could order partial skins- like if you only wanted the skin on the back of something but not the front. I really only want a skin for my Vita's rear touchpad- not really a fan of skins on the front of systems or covering the entire body.

Thinking of getting one for my phone. Anyone that has any experience ordering from them know if the Matte/satin finish or the High gloss finish are that different? Which one is the way to go?

[quote name='Chardyll']Thinking of getting one for my phone. Anyone that has any experience ordering from them know if the Matte/satin finish or the High gloss finish are that different? Which one is the way to go?[/QUOTE]

I have ordered matte finish, my friend ordered high gloss.

High gloss is shiny, texture is slick, and colors are a little brighter. Fingerprints will show up on it.

Matte is well...not shiny, and matte, with a slight texture. Colors won't appear as bright as a high gloss because of the fact it is matte. However, the it covers up fingerprints much better than high gloss and doesn't feel as slippery under the fingers. I personally prefer matte myself because I find the glare from a shiny, glossy decal distracting when I'm playing a small handheld device.

My personal opinion...get matte for handhelds and controllers. Get high gloss for devices such as large consoles (basically items you are not staring directly at when you are playing).

bread's done
Back