Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dabamus']Some asshat posted this on the BB forums this morning. Pure bred genius. :([/QUOTE]

The last deal was posted there too, and by a CAG no less. End result? Nothing.

Dabamus -- which stores open at 8? Montrose isn't until 9...

Fairytale fights, i can care less if i get or not.
The Demo was fun, but It wouldnt get any real play out of me.

SR2 however Ive always wanted to try. and for 5 bucks why not..

And I have a 5 dollar gift card. so still free for me.

Ive been playing 2 games for the past 4 months lol so SR2 good or bad will be a great change of pace

Just had success getting. 3 360 FTF and 2 PS3 FTF!
Tried for 3 of each but for some reason it wouldn't take all 6.cashier only oad to scan the coupon once.

same deal here flame liquid!! both me and the cashier counted 3 x360 and ps3 version and six coupons and it tried to charge me $21.19! We then tried a candy bar to see if it would still and it does, then I told him to take 1 off and see if it would be free... finally it works. Just a warning to everyone- give them 5 copies and 6? coupons, do NOT try to get 6 games, just 5.
Edit: flame says they only have to scan 1 coupon so im assuming a hidden maximum of 5 games

I take it the rumored coupon to take $20 off Saints Row 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla hasn't appeared for anyone yet? (I know it's supposed to be valid for tomorrow, but earlier posts said it would appear today, and I don't see it.)

THX

and it already dropped to 7 bucks on Amazon. Good Job people. I wont be surprised if it goes to 5.50 by the end of the day. Glad I locked in 3 at 10 each.

Toys r us gives 10.50 though. I guess that is where I am heading today after I pick 600 dollars worth of Fairy Tale Fights. Here I come free ps3 and Xbox Elite. See you in hell bestbuy. Just kidding.

[quote name='jgiovanni']I thought you had to only use 1 coupon to get 3 on each system or 6 games (3 and 3) on one coupon[/QUOTE]

Probably but I did anyway to be safe lol... can never be sure because most retailers want a copy of each coupon scanned for records. When I worked at Target I know I wasn't allowed to scan the same coupon 6 times lol

I just picked up 2 each on 360 and ps3 along with a copy of Wolfenstein for $20. I figured as long as I'm paying something they won't look at the part of the coupon that says "not valid on sales". The cashier was like " wow that just took off like $100!" $20 for 5 games is great for me! I also only used one coupon.

[quote name='Duncanzits']Probably but I did anyway to be safe lol... can never be sure because most retailers want a copy of each coupon scanned for records. When I worked at Target I know I wasn't allowed to scan the same coupon 6 times lol[/QUOTE]

damn now i'm not sure if i should print more coupons or not

Let the Armageddon begin. Happy Free Game Day!

Game stop after Armageddon: "Why do we have so many Fairy Tale Fights?"
"Guess we will charge double for it used now."
Good times.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Just had success getting. 3 360 FTF and 2 PS3 FTF!
Tried for 3 of each but for some reason it wouldn't take all 6.cashier only oad to scan the coupon once.[/QUOTE]

Picked up the same number of copies at the Belden Village Best Buy in Massillon, OH. I only grabbed 5 because this was all they had left. Guess it worked out then that I didn't have any extra hassle due to the 5 game limit that seems to be in the system.

Either way, the look on the cashier's face was priceless, he just stared at his screen and the receipt with a deer in the headlights look for a full minute before saying anything. Worked without any problems in the end.

lol I believe whoever was in front of me at the chapel hill ohio best buy managed to get fairytale fights pulled. I was checking out and the lady told someone that they needed to hurry as this was the second customer getting the game for free. They only had 7 copies of the 360 game to begin with and I bought two of them. If you're planning on doing this go when they first open.

I was able to pick up Metroid for $20 and animal crossing for $15. Apparently you can't use two reward zone coupons in one transaction.

No snow here in New Hampshire which is odd, but my wife just came from BB and was able to get 5 copies of FF for free with coupon. She tried six initially but six wouldn't go through for some reason but five worked 2-ps3 3-360 versions.

Roads aren't to bad here in CT. NO ones out. Went To BB in North Haven . No go on Fairy Tale fighters coupon would not work. Got 2 Animal crossings for $15 with that coupon but the $20 coupon did not work for fairy tale fighters.

[quote name='TheWooz']Roads aren't to bad here in CT. NO ones out. Went To BB in North Haven . No go on Fairy Tale fighters coupon would not work. Got 2 Animal crossings for $15 with that coupon but the $20 coupon did not work for fairy tale fighters.[/QUOTE]

You can't use both coupons in the same transaction. I had the same problem and told them to ring up Animal Crossing separately.

I am confused by why everyone thinks SD is evil for being resellers but buying 5 copies for flipping is okay.

[quote name='mousebites']Toys r us gives 10.50 though.[/QUOTE]

Does TRU have a limit of how many you can trade in at once, of the same title?

[quote name='blissskr']No snow here in New Hampshire which is odd, but my wife just came from BB and was able to get 5 copies of FF for free with coupon. She tried six initially but six wouldn't go through for some reason but five worked 2-ps3 3-360 versions.[/QUOTE]

how many coupons did you bring?

I got 3 of each and the 6th did not come off.. Ill return that one later.. I als oadded metroid trilogy to make it have a total..

anyone just go there and get free games without purchasing anything else?

Gazelle trade in is $10 for both FFT

Also Saints Row 2 was 29.99 at my bestbuy :(

[quote name='mitemouse']I got 3 of each and the 6th did not come off.. Ill return that one later.. I als oadded metroid trilogy to make it have a total..

anyone just go there and get free games without purchasing anything else?

Gazelle trade in is $10 for both FFT[/QUOTE]

how many coupons should i bring??

Just went to a 2nd store and again success. 10 copies all together
. I missed out on the free XBlades from a while back so I'm happy I was able to get in on this.For those sayong to use more than 1 coupon.....its pointless

Just got home for the HIP Best Buy in Norridge, IL ...I ended up with 3 copies of the X360 version and 2 of the PS3 version as the last PS3 version came up as $20. Worked well and I can say to anyone in the neighborhood that there were many, many copies of the X360 version, but only a few of the PS3 version.

...I honestly have no idea what to do with the copies as they probably won't sell for anything...May just be free giveaways on my podcast for fans I don't like. :p

EDIT: This was also only with one coupon.

Success at the Round Rock, TX store. Fairytale Fights, 2 for each system. There's plenty of both versions left too.

I figured I was sunk because the cashier was a middle aged woman that looked like she was a manager of some kind, and looked at the coupon hard for a minute.

Then she scanned it and helpfully pointed out the discounts. :D

If I'm looking at buying Wolfenstein, as well as a copy of Saints Row 2 (and possibly fairytale fights if they have it), can this all be done on the same transaction? Would I need 3 coupons? If not, can just wolfenstien and ftf be done on one transaction with one coupon?

[quote name='Velo214']sr2 is no good til tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Good looking out. Any idea about the wolfenstein/ftf combo only needing one coupon?

success! two best buys, first 2 (x360) and 1 (PS3), then 3 and 1.

Sugarland, TX - One copy left of each (cashier might grab one)
Rosenberg, TX - Zero X360, 1 (PS3)

this is so much fun! I'm pumped!! At the second store a higher level CSR and the CS counter even checked me out. She showed no emotion whatsoever, and just uncased the games. (that's a thing to, if they can uncase the games, that gives them less time to think about what they did and do a Post Void (which is 100% possible even after they hit total))

[quote name='mtxbass1']Ahhh. Good looking out. Any idea about the wolfenstein/ftf combo only needing one coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'll only need one coupon and it'll work for both games.

worked for me in Best buy In Amherst Ny. I got 3 copies for the 360 bought another 9.99 game just so i would have a total. I couldn't find any ps3 copies of the game anyplace.

Picked up 5 copies of FF (3 360/ 2 ps3) and picked up a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $21.xx - Girl was initially only going to let me get 3 copies because the coupon said limit 3 per title, but I asked her to try it anyways and it went thru a-ok (she used 2 coupons).

Summerville, SC Best Buy still had copies of FF when I left for anyone interested

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']Seriously, you guys are taking 5 copies each? Thats the easiest way to get the coupon killed and ruin it for everyone else. Greed wins again....[/QUOTE]
Trust me, by the time corporate catches wind of this the day will be over and deal dead anyways. We'll have cleaned out the stores long before then.

Best Buy in Margate, FL:

Walked in at opening, grabbed 3 copies of :360:Fairytale Fights, used coupon. FREE GAMES & no issues! :applause:

The wife loved the look on the associates face, when the games rang up for free.

Happy Holidays OP (& CAG)! :D

I do not usually do this, but to all the clueless & criticizing newbs: Please go be a "Scrooge" somewhere else! :razz:

I'm tempted by Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for $39.99, but (non first-party) Wii games always seem to undergo drastic price drops within a few months of release! That and my wallet is already reeling from other holiday purchases...

success. also who cares if bestbuy.com knows. this is their deal and their coupon, this isn't a glitch in the system. they are freeing up shelf space for games that will actually sell. don't feel bad for bestbuy fee bad for those who spend $60 on this game....ouch

Picked up 2 copies of FF -- one for the xbox 360 and one for the ps3. Also purchased Mirror's Edge for $20. The cashier was hesitant at first, reached to her walkie-talkie to call a manager, and then just said, "Well, if the coupon worked," and let me go on my way. She did mention she'd like to show the coupon to her manager, *shrugs.* I think this is one of those deals where the earlier you get there, the higher chances you have to get it. Good luck to all!

bread's done
Back