Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chatgirl4']Well my bad luck streak continued.....

Brought in the 10% off coupon with intention of purchasing 3 games, got the games, went up front, cashier only took 10% off one game, not all 3 :bomb:

Then, on top of that, if you bought over $100 in Movies/CD's/Games, you got a $10 gift card, well she scanned the card, but forgot to place it in my sack :bomb:

So now, I have to head out tomorrow, to get the price difference in games/Gift Card.[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting that card if it's on your receipt. Also, why did you go through with the transaction if it only took 10% off one game instead of all three?

just got back from my Bestbuy and lucked out with getting the Smash Hits for $5 and change.

Took the game up to the cashier, presented my rewardzone card and the $10 off coupon which scanned no problem for $10 off. Then I asked the cashier if I could use the Guitar Hero 5 coupon for $5 off. She tried scanning it, and it kept coming up "Item void". She left to go find a manager with my GH5 coupon in her hand and at that point I was like ugh. Came back to the register a couple minutes later and took the Reward Zone coupon in her hand (so at this point she had both coupons) and went back to the manager. At that point I was like "dang I shouldn't have taken the gamble. I might get called out on the Rewardzone coupon too and get no discount at all!"

She returned, said the coupon was ok and manually took off $5. Talk about a close call. Hope that's inspiration for some of you that it can still possibly work...but of course, YMMV depending on your manager.

[quote name='chuckywang']The $5 Guitar Hero coupon doesn't have a unique code right? If so, can someone post it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']
img053.jpg

img052.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh141/brotherdaz/coupon/img053.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh141/brotherdaz/coupon/img052.jpg[/QUOTE]

Not sure how a print out of this coupon will go over with cashiers. It clearly says "Void if...copied". But I guess if you don't have one, its worth a try.

Worked for me at I-10 (2 copies left) Went off without a hitch, had no worries what so ever. I think this all comes down to the cashier and if they notice. If they did have a big 'meeting' or 'memo' about it, it's likely that anyone coming on shift in the afternoon doesn't know about it. Also trying again tomorrow might work b/c people that didn't work today may be there. Good luck!!

I was able to use my GRZ 10$ off coupon and the 5$ off GH coupon together making smash hits 5 bucks. I am pretty sure both coupons did not take off the value. As manager had to ring it up several times and manualy enter it in. On top of that I used my reward point coupons making GH smash hits and Tales for wii, 5 bucks total.

That's pretty sweet for those of you who got the $5 coupon to work too. It's good through March so I'm going to save it in hopes of getting GH Metallica or DJ Hero a little cheaper since I've never seen Metallica on sale for below $25 for Wii, and who knows how dirt cheep DJ Hero will by by March.

You know it's sad but I can't even justify $10 for a game I know I'll only play a handful of times.

On a similar note, I noticed the RZ Coupon says, "not valid on sale items." Has it always said this or is this something new?

got my copies no problems no issues, the only thing to make sure of is to make sure they scan your rewards card first then the coupon. There is no need for them to modify the price of the games as of this evening the coupon was scanning a ok.

the best place to trade them in would be amazon, I called gamestop and gamecrazy and they quoted me 11.00 and 12.00 respectively as base trade in price. Amazon was 17.5 last night when I locked my trade in price in.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']where are people getting the guitar hero coupons from?

IM going to try it thursday[/QUOTE]

It came in Guitar Hero 5.

Just curious... how often did Amazon do trade in bonuses, like if you trade X amount, you get Y extra credit? I know there hasn't been one in a while and feel like waiting, but I can't pass up the $17.50 TIV while I have a bunch of other games waiting to trade too.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']got my copies no problems no issues, the only thing to make sure of is to make sure they scan your rewards card first then the coupon. There is no need for them to modify the price of the games as of this evening the coupon was scanning a ok.

the best place to trade them in would be amazon, I called gamestop and gamecrazy and they quoted me 11.00 and 12.00 respectively as base trade in price. Amazon was 17.5 last night when I locked my trade in price in.[/QUOTE]

all this trouble to make 6-7 bucks a game it really must be desperate times. just out of interest how to people buy the games which are traded into amazon?

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']got my copies no problems no issues, the only thing to make sure of is to make sure they scan your rewards card first then the coupon. There is no need for them to modify the price of the games as of this evening the coupon was scanning a ok.

the best place to trade them in would be amazon, I called gamestop and gamecrazy and they quoted me 11.00 and 12.00 respectively as base trade in price. Amazon was 17.5 last night when I locked my trade in price in.[/QUOTE]

Toys R'Us has the $17.50 trade-in value as well on both the PS3 and 360 versions, while the Wii version gets $12.50.

[quote name='regdent']all this trouble to make 6-7 bucks a game it really must be desperate times. just out of interest how to people buy the games which are traded into amazon?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG... :)

[quote name='gi60']Welcome to CAG... :)[/QUOTE]

I guess he just felt some people are just too, too cheap. Dirt cheap.

I was able to use both coupons with no problems. They get reimbursed for the $5 so i don't see the big deal with them not taking it. So i managed to get Smash Hits for a whopping $4.99. Pretty sweet deal.

[quote name='regdent']all this trouble to make 6-7 bucks a game it really must be desperate times. just out of interest how to people buy the games which are traded into amazon?[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I wanted to keep GH after I bought it today. Then I realized I had already bought over a 1/4 of the songs on Rock Band 2, and there were only like 4 or 5 songs I really wanted to play anymore. Off to Amazon this game will go.

Sadly, many CAGs fail to grasp basic math and don't understand that their time (going to Best Buy and then going to the post office to mail the games into Amazon), postal supplies and gas plus wear and tear on their cars actually has a value and that it is more than the several dollars short of the minimum wage they regularly value it at by pursuing these modest returns. I can sort of understand if it's a situation where there is a substantial increase in value with a flip (like $20 or more) or free games or an Amazon trade-in bonus, but going through all this effort for less than $7 if you're in a state with tax is just plain foolish.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sadly, many CAGs fail to grasp basic math and don't understand that their time (going to Best Buy and then going to the post office to mail the games into Amazon), postal supplies and gas plus wear and tear on their cars actually has a value and that it is more than the several dollars short of the minimum wage they regularly value it at by pursuing these modest returns. I can sort of understand if it's a situation where there is a substantial increase in value with a flip (like $20 or more) or free games or an Amazon trade-in bonus, but going through all this effort for less than $7 if you're in a state with tax is just plain foolish.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I only jump on deals when it would REALLY be worth it.

Well I went to the other "good" best buy.

Took the coupon no issues. I don't think I will be going to the BB near me and just drive the extra 10 mins up the road.

Also, has anyone tried to do the GoW Collection with the Pre-order discount (-$10) x2 for the $20 GC they are offering (Buy two games regular price $39.99 get $20 GC)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Woah woah woah, is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 10 bucks?

Can someone get me the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Where'd you see this?

I'd want this too.

Ah yes this is the key i bet. As I did not give them my rewards zone card at all. Silly, because I knew this from the past.

[quote name='Casteor']Agreed. I only jump on deals when it would REALLY be worth it.[/QUOTE]

You mean like buying up copies of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for GC from Kmart for $14.97 and selling them on Ebay and elsewhere for 2-3x that because people are lazy/stupid?:D

I just checked Ebay/Amazon prices and apparently the GC version is selling(not all the time though) for up to $45 or more.:roll:

[quote name='bojay1997']Sadly, many CAGs fail to grasp basic math and don't understand that their time (going to Best Buy and then going to the post office to mail the games into Amazon), postal supplies and gas plus wear and tear on their cars actually has a value and that it is more than the several dollars short of the minimum wage they regularly value it at by pursuing these modest returns. I can sort of understand if it's a situation where there is a substantial increase in value with a flip (like $20 or more) or free games or an Amazon trade-in bonus, but going through all this effort for less than $7 if you're in a state with tax is just plain foolish.[/QUOTE]

actually this is a decent flip.. I locked in ps3 tiv last night at 19.50. I have $5 two coupons from dj hero and guitar hero 5. I bought three copies and paid 22.43 with tax.. I get boxes for free from work and i live less than three miles from best buy.
Also i kept all the owner codes from the back and scratched them off with a razor on the manual so the future owner cant use it. I think i could trade or sell the code for $5 each but im keeping one so i can export into GH5.
so 22.43 turned into 58.50 Amazon Credit and $10 paypal.

And if i wanted to buy 3x 360 version with a tiv of 17.50 also but i didnt.
$55 turns into 105 Amazon Credit and $25 paypal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like buying up copies of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for GC from Kmart for $14.97 and selling them on Ebay and elsewhere for 2-3x that because people are lazy/stupid?:D

I just checked Ebay/Amazon prices and apparently the GC version is selling(not all the time though) for up to $45 or more.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'll pretend I know what you're talking about.

But yes, I do know what you generally mean; however, there is a good percentage of CAGs that go through the effort of doing something like that and actually spend more than they would save going through the whole process. Time is money. Don't forget that.

Agreed. These CAGers who get giddy about $7 flips are not factoring in all the costs.
And at the same time, they are taking away a player's copy from someone else in their area.

Thanks to the OP and others, since I was able to print out the $5 GH coupon (blew it up 300%) and the cashier took both with no problems.
GH:SH for $5! Woo!
And I'm not trading it in or flipping it, and I'm not removing copies from other players in the area.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Woah woah woah, is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 10 bucks?

Can someone get me the coupon?[/QUOTE]
No coupon is showing for this one#-o

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured the Smash Hits deals would be YMMV depending on the mercy of managers...just had a gut feeling a couple days ago.

I ended up getting sick as a dog with the stomach flu...so I just ordered off Amazon. Good thing too...all BB's around me sold out fast. :drool:

[quote name='mitemouse']
Also i kept all the owner codes from the back and scratched them off with a razor on the manual so the future owner cant use it. [/QUOTE]

This is why I won't buy used GH/RB games.

I was able to get my cashier (Greenfield, WI) to honor both coupons, but the $5 off coupon wouldn't actually ring up correctly. It kept saying the SKU wasn't on file, and him manually typing it in wouldn't work either. He just manually took off $5 for me. Nice kid. $4.99 + $0.56 tax = $5.55.

Still, I have to pay PSN $1.99 to import it into my Guitar Hero 5.

And yes, you need your Reward Zone card scanned to have the system automatically take off the $10 after totaling everything. There was only 1 copy left at this particular store when I got mine.

Got GH Smash hits for $5 after coupons but the CSR took the $5 off coupon in a way so that it took tax from the $9.99 base, not the $4.99. Not really a big deal though

My best buy had a lot of gh smash hits for 360 left

[quote name='kodave']This is why I won't buy used GH/RB games.[/QUOTE]

atleast if you see my manual you will know that code is not there, while somebody who uses it and then trades it in without removing or covering it up you wont know til you get home.

My apologies if this has already been posted. Didn't see if in the OP but I could have missed it. I logged into my RewardZone account and found this coupon.

Free $20 Best Buy® Gift Card
Here’s a great offer certain to help you get in the holiday spirit.

From December 13 through 19, 2009, when you buy any 2 video games priced $39.99 and up each, you’ll get a free $20 Best Buy gift card as a Reward Zone® Gamers Club member.
This offer is available in store only and requires this coupon:

bbcoupon.jpg

[quote name='mitemouse']atleast if you see my manual you will know that code is not there, while somebody who uses it and then trades it in without removing or covering it up you wont know til you get home.[/QUOTE]

Umm, you should always assume the code is used if you pick up a used copy from a store. If you pick up a used copy online via a trade, make sure to always ask if the code is used or not.

I got lucky with a GH5 trade I did on GameTZ.com because the user traded me his copy, but never used the code. Then again, it would only be usable in Band Hero, which he did not own.

Now I'm glad I have all the possible songs (minus DLC) for Guitar Hero 5 (imported BH, WT, SH, along with all free DLC).

The CAG instinct would be to trade those in, but as a collector, they go on my shelf to be rarely touched again.

Just got a copy of smash hits no problem. Scanned my card, then the game, then coupon.

Receipt shows Reg $49.99 - $30 sale disc, - $10 Pack Disc

[quote name='Stingermck']Just got a copy of smash hits no problem. Scanned my card, then the game, then coupon.

Receipt shows Reg $49.99 - $30 sale disc, - $10 Pack Disc[/QUOTE]

WHERE Did you print out coupon???

[quote name='kodave']Good luck getting that card if it's on your receipt. Also, why did you go through with the transaction if it only took 10% off one game instead of all three?[/QUOTE]

It was on the receipt, I called them & they managed to find the Gift Card, they would hold onto it for tomorrow.

I didn't realize it till I left the store, guess I was not paying attention when she rang them up :wall:

bread's done
Back