Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dabamus']Got two Smash hits for each platform(sans PS2) for a total of $30 + tax with 3 RZ coupons and 4 GH coupons. Did this spread out among 3 BBs, but when I pointed out that the back of the coupon from the 360 version of GH5 lacks a specific platform on the coupon(PS3 coupon says it's for PS2/PS3) and the back said "one coupon per puchase of product(s)" they had no problem applying it to the Wii and 360 versions on the same order.

Initial order was for PS3, second at a different BB was for Wii and 360(they were OOS of PS3 versions), and the third order at the third BB was for one of each version. :D

Promptly flipped for ~$100 credit total at two different local stores.

Not bad for spending $30. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm flipping my copy to Amazon towards a PS3. I'm shipping a bunch of dvd's I don't care about or will never watch again also. I don't much care about movies anymore, & I have quite a bit of dvd's. $2 on average (or more) for my old dvd's is awesome when I can't even sell them for that much. The store credit is awesome w/ Amazon is an amazing concept. I should be able to get my PS3 before too long.

Also I can hopefully flip several copies of Saints Row 2 to Amazon also. That is assuming the coupon will be $20 off still and the game will stay @ $19.99 beforehand. Of course I'll keep a copy for myself. :bouncy:

Thanks bro! I'll look for that tomorrow when I go down to another BB to try to exploit the coupon for a final time. :p

(I have no qualms about ripping them off after they have lied to me about penny guides saying it was a mistake in the system and they had to charge me full price for them. A manager told me that too. They are all a bunch of con artists and jerks at the one BB near me)

Yep. Same here for SR2 PS3. I figure I'll get 3 and flip 2 since I'll have a PS3 for Christmas.

I love getting $18 in credit or $13 in cash for paying $5/each. :D

ive never flipped to amazon?

is it easy do you need to sign up? and do you have to buy something video game specific?

Best buy can burn for all I care, if it wasn't for this ONE nice lady I would've never stepped foot in that place again even with deals like this..

I almost got in a fight with a manager because he was being a complete dick and must of mistooken me for an ignorant punk who didn't have an education.

I was on phone with corporate for like an hour after that incident

I wouldn't hate them as bad if not for three things:

1. The time the manager lied to me at the Chapel Hill store with 2 or 3 different reasons why they had to charge me full price. The trip to that store that day ended with a nice fuck You to the manager as I turned to leave.

2. They disabled the sony warrenty program on my Uncle's laptop that he bought there so he would have to buy their warrenty.(he didn't but only because he thought to call Sony and they told him how to get the program working again)

3. My mom's cousin bought a desktop there and found it was used. When she took it back to complain, they wiped it with a fresh install of windows, destroying the unbackedup pictures of her grandkids that were on it and all her other files. Then they told he she was mistaken.

I hope they go the way of CC eventually, but not til I can get as many free/cheap games and guides there as possible. :D

On a side note, did anyone find Saints Row 2 for PC? I didn't see it at any of the 3 stores I was at in the past few days, and when an employee checked in the system for it the game showed as discontinued and OOS, but at $20.99 if they would have had any stock in. Weird IMO that a discontinued game would have a coupon for it. Then again, maybe Galactic Command planned it that way? Or am I giving too much credit to the overweight apes in corporate? :p

If the $20.99 is universal, then it would be $11 + tax since the coupon is for $10 off it. Good luck finding it though.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']ive never flipped to amazon?

is it easy do you need to sign up? and do you have to buy something video game specific?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it really easy, you only have to have an amazon account,
you select your trade-ins, check out, then you print a UPS shipping label
(they pay for shipping), package it, and drop it off at a UPS drop box.

[quote name='dabamus']I wouldn't hate them as bad if not for three things:

1. The time the manager lied to me at the Chapel Hill store with 2 or 3 different reasons why they had to charge me full price. The trip to that store that day ended with a nice fuck You to the manager as I turned to leave.

2. They disabled the sony warrenty program on my Uncle's laptop that he bought there so he would have to buy their warrenty.(he didn't but only because he thought to call Sony and they told him how to get the program working again)

3. My mom's cousin bought a desktop there and found it was used. When she took it back to complain, they wiped it with a fresh install of windows, destroying the unbackedup pictures of her grandkids that were on it and all her other files. Then they told he she was mistaken.

I hope they go the way of CC eventually, but not til I can get as many free/cheap games and guides there as possible. :D

On a side note, did anyone find Saints Row 2 for PC? I didn't see it at any of the 3 stores I was at in the past few days, and when an employee checked in the system for it the game showed as discontinued and OOS, but at $20.99 if they would have had any stock in. Weird IMO that a discontinued game would have a coupon for it. Then again, maybe Galactic Command planned it that way? Or am I giving too much credit to the overweight apes in corporate? :p[/QUOTE]

By Chapel Hill do you mean NC? I live in Chapel Hill now. Well actually Carrboro...but it's close to downtown Chapel Hill. I can understand totally what you're saying about BB being slimey. Some of the crap they pull is pretty underhanded. For example on Black Friday my wife & I camped out @ the Best Buy in Burlington, NC for the $200 HP Laptop w/ Windows 7. That was an experience & quite a story in & of itself.

But anyways...I managed to get the last ticket for it & took it to the ticket line to pick up the laptop & check out. They "give" you free Webroot antivirus software, but they MAKE you file a credit card so they can charge you after X amount of time. I gave them a credit card that was already canceled & they were none the wiser, so it didn't matter. :lol::applause:

Great laptop for $200 btw.

[quote name='sandman8288']Yep, it really easy, you only have to have an amazon account,
you select your trade-ins, check out, then you print a UPS shipping label
(they pay for shipping), package it, and drop it off at a UPS drop box.[/QUOTE]
Yes you also have a certain # of days to ship the items out w/ that label. I was wary of shipping them to Amazon until I found out that I didn't have to pay for shipping! :hot::bouncy::applause:

I already have about $50 in stuff that I'm shipping out tomorrow. That's stuff I already owned aside from the BB deals. It's probably not even half of the stuff I was gonna trade in either.

I checked w/ Gamestop & they give $11 trade in for Smash Hits but Amazon offers $17.50. That one is a no brainer.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']By Chapel Hill do you mean NC? I live in Chapel Hill now. Well actually Carrboro...but it's close to downtown Chapel Hill. I can understand totally what you're saying about BB being slimey. Some of the crap they pull is pretty underhanded. For example on Black Friday my wife & I camped out @ the Best Buy in Burlington, NC for the $200 HP Laptop w/ Windows 7. That was an experience & quite a story in & of itself.

But anyways...I managed to get the last ticket for it & took it to the ticket line to pick up the laptop & check out. They "give" you free Webroot antivirus software, but they MAKE you file a credit card so they can charge you after X amount of time. I gave them a credit card that was already canceled & they were none the wiser, so it didn't matter. :lol::applause:

Great laptop for $200 btw.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have specified like I normally do. I meant Chapel Hill Mall in Ohio.

hmm did Amazon price match GH:SH from Best Buy? Amazon is selling it for $19.99 and the trade in dropped to $10. I shoulda traded in my old copy yesterday..

anyone know if the trade in value will go back up when the price jumps back up to $49.99? or will it always be $10 now -_-

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']hmm did Amazon price match GH:SH from Best Buy? Amazon is selling it for $19.99 and the trade in dropped to $10. I shoulda traded in my old copy yesterday..

anyone know if the trade in value will go back up when the price jumps back up to $49.99? or will it always be $10 now -_-[/QUOTE]

That...really...sucks... :cry:

Good thing I only bought one copy then. If that's the case then you can get more in trade in @ Gamestop @ $11. If that is the case, then I may trade it in for about what I paid for it towards Valkyria Chronicles @ Gamestop. That was a game I had planned on buying anyways.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Yes you also have a certain # of days to ship the items out w/ that label. I was wary of shipping them to Amazon until I found out that I didn't have to pay for shipping! :hot::bouncy::applause:

I already have about $50 in stuff that I'm shipping out tomorrow. That's stuff I already owned aside from the BB deals. It's probably not even half of the stuff I was gonna trade in either.

I checked w/ Gamestop & they give $11 trade in for Smash Hits but Amazon offers $17.50. That one is a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed! And sometimes when I sent my trade in via UPS to amazon I get the trade in credit by the next morning. Talk about fast! Not to mention the fact that you can use the credit to purchase pretty much anything :applause:

[quote name='thebytewasbit']That...really...sucks... :cry:

Good thing I only bought one copy then. If that's the case then you can get more in trade in @ Gamestop @ $11. If that is the case, then I may trade it in for about what I paid for it towards Valkyria Chronicles @ Gamestop. That was a game I had planned on buying anyways.[/QUOTE]

i kinda want that Valkyria Chronicles game as well. I think I'll trade in my copy of GH:SH to TRU. hopefully their $17.50 trade in price stays the same until tomorrow night when i get off work lol.

[quote name='dabamus']Got two Smash hits for each platform(sans PS2) for a total of $30 + tax with 3 RZ coupons and 4 GH coupons. Did this spread out among 3 BBs, but when I pointed out that the back of the coupon from the 360 version of GH5 lacks a specific platform on the coupon(PS3 coupon says it's for PS2/PS3) and the back said "one coupon per puchase of product(s)" they had no problem applying it to the Wii and 360 versions on the same order.

Initial order was for PS3, second at a different BB was for Wii and 360(they were OOS of PS3 versions), and the third order at the third BB was for one of each version. :D

Promptly flipped for ~$100 credit total at two different local stores.

Not bad for spending $30. :D[/QUOTE]

lol if you hadn't posted, I would have never known Chapel Hill restocked smash hits for the 360.

You know I'm referring to Chapel Hill Mall in Akron, OH right?

They were only OOS of the PS3 version last I checked online.

I went yesterday and still found plenty of copies for the Wii. I got the last 360 copy but they were sold out of the PS3 version.

After my previous complaint about my Best Buy pulling copies from the shelves because the store locator showed copies for all system in stock, I was finally able to get a copy at another Best Buy and used the coupon no problem. Was rather refreshing for a change to get good service at Best Buy.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']hmm did Amazon price match GH:SH from Best Buy? Amazon is selling it for $19.99 and the trade in dropped to $10. I shoulda traded in my old copy yesterday..

anyone know if the trade in value will go back up when the price jumps back up to $49.99? or will it always be $10 now -_-[/QUOTE]

It will prob be that price for now on..

You should try to see if you can lock on Best buys trade in program while its still 17 bucks.. atleas you get a gift card
spend 8 bucks (added shipping) get 17 back

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']must of mistooken me for an ignorant punk who didn't have an education.
[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt this is the most hilarious thing I'll read all day.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, sounds vaguely familiar... ;)

[quote name='dabamus']You know I'm referring to Chapel Hill Mall in Akron, OH right?

They were only OOS of the PS3 version last I checked online.[/QUOTE]

Yup, on Sunday morning they only had one copy for the 360.

Am I the only one to get denied the coupon because GH Smash Hits is on sale???

I've gone thru the last four pages which mostly consists of discussion on flipping some of these game and haven't found anyone else who got denied. Guess I'll try another location.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Am I the only one to get denied the coupon because GH Smash Hits is on sale???

I've gone thru the last four pages which mostly consists of discussion on flipping some of these game and haven't found anyone else who got denied. Guess I'll try another location.[/QUOTE]

Which BBy did you try?

Picked up another 360 copy and a Wii copy today, then sold them for $26 to a local store and went to a different BB and picked up a final copy for each next-gen platform.

I love getting games for $5. :D

Hey, if anyone happens to still have the coupon from last month's sale where they had you can save $10 on Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for Wii, you can still use it. I had it printed out and I talked to customer service, since the game came out 12/8/09 and the coupon expired on 12/6/09 days before it's release will you guys still honor it, and they agreed and apologized for the mishap. This was in Elizabethtown, KY so, if any CAG's still have it, you can use it and get SH for around $42 after tax.

I just flipped my PS3 copy of Smash Hits to Best Buy for a $17 gift card. I'd rather do that than just get $11 store credit @ Gamestop. I can wait @ least a few days for an extra $6. Plus I shop more @ BB & you can buy more of a variety of items there.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Am I the only one to get denied the coupon because GH Smash Hits is on sale???

I've gone thru the last four pages which mostly consists of discussion on flipping some of these game and haven't found anyone else who got denied. Guess I'll try another location.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, I've had some problems today, as well. Two days ago, I was able to purchase 3 PS3 copies and 2 Wii copies, all on the same transaction, no problem. I was out of town this morning, so I decided to stop into the local BB over there. I had 3 360 copies, 2 PS3, and 3 Wii copies (within the allowable limit of 3 for each system).

She had some kind of problem applying the coupon, then went to get the manager (noooo!). They basically figured out it was 'on sale' so they told me the coupon would not apply because of that. I know better, however, since it scanned with multiple copies on Thursday.

I believe that I was having some kind of issue with another program they seem to have going, however. My total was like $169.xx before the coupon, and she told me about some promo where I would get a free $25 gift cert. for spending over $150. That promo had already popped up on the register, and she applied it before she mentioned it to me.

It was only then did I present her the Gamer's Club coupon, so I have a feeling that the free gc promo might have superceded the $10 coupon. I am gonna go back and try with games that total less than $150, so the transaction won't be eligible for the +$25.

Did you spend a large amount like that? If not, did they actually scan your coupon? I have a feeling that they were just onto the 'glitch' and didn't want to give you the deal. From everything else I've seen, it should apply automatically once they scan and accept the coupon, with the possible exception of this snafu with buying more than $150.

She was quite confused when I told her nevermind. She didn't seem to understand that I meant nevermind on the whole transaction...I just walked out.

yea mine worked yesterday.. I went in today and they act like i shouldnt of even been there...im going to try another best buy in another town maybe tomm... i think there catching on to us

I find it REALLY amusing that I can buy a game from there for $10 or so & turn around & trade it in to them "used" for $17. :lol::lol::lol::applause:

If I had the cash, I would have bought multiple copies.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Which BBy did you try?[/QUOTE]Snellville. Was gonna try pleasant hill and/or sidney marcus if needed, but I was running late to work. Will try tomorrow or more likely monday.

[quote name='sgaldis']. . .Did you spend a large amount like that? If not, did they actually scan your coupon? I have a feeling that they were just onto the 'glitch' and didn't want to give you the deal. From everything else I've seen, it should apply automatically once they scan and accept the coupon, with the possible exception of this snafu with buying more than $150.

She was quite confused when I told her nevermind. She didn't seem to understand that I meant nevermind on the whole transaction...I just walked out.[/QUOTE]Nope, just that game for 360. She scanned the game then the coupon and then she typed in my phone number for the rewards account. I tried to get her to type in the number first which is what they usually do, but she was focused on scanning everything. Next time I'll be sure to bring my card which was in another car this try.

This lady also seemed dumbfounded that I would decline the sale when the coupon didn't work.

[quote name='sgaldis']
I believe that I was having some kind of issue with another program they seem to have going, however. My total was like $169.xx before the coupon, and she told me about some promo where I would get a free $25 gift cert. for spending over $150. That promo had already popped up on the register, and she applied it before she mentioned it to me. [/QUOTE] I had the same problem. Theres also a promo this week where if you spend over $100 you get $10 gc. and the coupon won't go through.

I grabbed a copy of Smash Hits for the 360 as well as a copy of Spirit Tracks (that will be price matched to Target tomorrow.)

[quote name='dabamus']Picked up another 360 copy and a Wii copy today, then sold them for $26 to a local store and went to a different BB and picked up a final copy for each next-gen platform.

I love getting games for $5. :D[/QUOTE]

How did you get so many copies for $5? How many GH $5 coupons did you have? and which store did you trade them in? Amazon.com now only offers $10...

I had a bunch of coupons, and I traded them in to a chain of stores called The Exchange. They offered $13 cash or ~$18 credit.
I didn't have that many coupons, but I convinced the BB cashiers that the coupon from the 360 version applied to the 360 and Wii versions at the same time because it said on the back "one coupon per purchase of product(s)" with the plural, so I got $5 off each of them after the $10 from the RZ coupon.
Also, the RZ coupon's 3 of each limit is evidently for each purchase because I bought 3 total PS3 versions, but 4 total of both the 360 and Wii versions.

I tried to get in on this two times but on Thurs the store had no copies (either 360 or PS3) and they told me they'd get more Saturday. Well, today they still didn't have any and told me it would be tomorrow.

So I guess I was denied too - but only because of lack of stock.

But apparently the price goes up tomorrow? I was all set to go there but had no idea.

And I even have a legit $5 coupon to use from my copy of GH5. Oh well...

i may try that other BB even if the gamers reward doesnt work i still have 6.50 gift certificate and that 5 gh5 coupon making it less than 10

and the 10% off rewardzone thing

This might be a little off topic, but today i got an email saying my 15 dollar gift certificate is ready to be printed. This after it said they sent me a coupon. They still send you a coupon via mail right? I dont have a printer.

[quote name='The 7th Number']This might be a little off topic, but today i got an email saying my 15 dollar gift certificate is ready to be printed. This after it said they sent me a coupon. They still send you a coupon via mail right? I dont have a printer.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy stopped mailing certificates in October.

[quote name='The 7th Number']This might be a little off topic, but today i got an email saying my 15 dollar gift certificate is ready to be printed. This after it said they sent me a coupon. They still send you a coupon via mail right? I dont have a printer.[/QUOTE]

If you go to customer service they can show you were they setup a PC and printer for printing rewards certs.

[quote name='io']I tried to get in on this two times but on Thurs the store had no copies (either 360 or PS3) and they told me they'd get more Saturday. Well, today they still didn't have any and told me it would be tomorrow.

So I guess I was denied too - but only because of lack of stock.

But apparently the price goes up tomorrow? I was all set to go there but had no idea.

And I even have a legit $5 coupon to use from my copy of GH5. Oh well...[/QUOTE]
Same here.

I'm glad I got my copy before the price went back up! :bouncy:

The price went back up on Amazon, but they are still only giving $10 trade in on the 360 & PS3 versions. However they give more money for the Wii version now @ $12.75. Before, the Wii version got the LEAST trade in value. Now it has the MOST. Could also just simply be a supply & demand issue w/ used copies that Amazon has.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I'm glad I got my copy before the price went back up! :bouncy:

The price went back up on Amazon, but they are still only giving $10 trade in on the 360 & PS3 versions. However they give more money for the Wii version now @ $12.75. Before, the Wii version got the LEAST trade in value. Now it has the MOST. Could also just simply be a supply & demand issue w/ used copies that Amazon has.[/QUOTE]

Well its quite simple how that works:

360/PS3 trade ins worth more than Wii trade in for SH

People buy SH for $5-10 for 360/PS3 because its got a higher trade in value than the Wii

Amazon/the third party that does trade ins sees the substantial bump in 360/PS3 trade ins, and lowers the trade in value for PS3/360, while Wii remains somewhat unchanged.

bread's done
Back