Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
If people just appreciate the deal and stop being greedy it would be great. You should only grab two copies at most. One to play, one to trade. OR if you don't want the game then I suppose trade both as if you had played it and were going to trade it anyway.

It's the people that grab 5 copies that either screw deals like this up for the next time, or make it so other people that were going to get one at that store are SOL. How would you like it if you went there only to see some ahole buying every copy in front of you?

That's why they have to limit things half the time because people can't control themselves. TIV will be dead in a few days at least and we'll see how many people are sitting on 5 copies trying to ebay for 7 bucks.

/end mini rant.

Merry Christmas!

[quote name='youenvy']never got an actual reward zone card but i did sign up for it a while back--think i can just give them my reward number to type in?[/QUOTE]
give em ya phone#. i do that sometimes i forget the card.

I picked up Metroid Prime Trio with 5 copies fairytale fights for free. Paid $19.99 plus taxes. The cashier supervisor says "wow" that's a great coupon. I told him i be back tomorrow to get saints row 2 for $5 ;)

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I stand corrected from my earlier post. My cousin went to another location and grabbed 4.

For some of you on the fence on whether or not to do it, if you have enough fillers (Which he did. He was buying games anyway), they might not notice. Walk up there with 5 copies and you're taking your chances (however, it worked without fillers for me).

And it seems for some odd reason at all the stores, they had a ridiculous amount of them (on both consoles). Even if you grabbed 5, there were a lot left for others. So before anyone starts the "hoarding talk", you should have got up early (it's Sunday so unless you were hit by the storm, you had no excuse or didn't want the game bad enough).

Congrats to all the CAGs that beat out all those SD people and grabbed theirs!![/QUOTE]

I was the first one at the 360 section when they opened and my store only had 7 copies. I didn't check the PS3 section though so maybe they had more for the PS3.

I'm not quite sure why it's better for CAG to hoard than SD?

Just tried to get a copy and got shot down for the same reason as everyone else: it only works if it is not on sale.

Nice work to everyone who made it work! :)

[quote name='jer7583']Im gonna use these to get some points cards at blockbuster, thanks guys!

I'm all for screwing blockbuster over. been doing that for years.[/QUOTE]

Man, I recall the Bestbuy B2G1 free thread. You're a real piece of work.

question, I just got back from almost getting killed by two idiot drivers. I got one copy of FF for PS3. I was wondering if I could go back with another coupon and still be able to get it for free.

So I was worried I would miss out on tomorrows deals because of work but it seems Best Buy is changing their hours for christmas starting tomorrow and opening at 8am. Which now means I can stop in there on my way to work.

Now heres to hoping that new coupon gets posted tonight.

[quote name='mcdaking84']stupid bitch wouldn't give me the coupon due to it being on sale[/QUOTE]

I've gotten really good at chatting the cashiers up so they don't read the coupon, I get them to scan everything then I hand em the coupon and say "oh, I've got a coupon, could you scan this?" Works like a charm.

Anyways, 5 copies of Fairytale Fights + Metroid Prime trilogy = $20+plus tax. WIN.

To be fair, one was for me, two were for friends, and 2 are for CAGs, while there were still 4 of each platform left at the store. I've got one PS3 and one 360 copy, PM me if interested. First come, first served.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I was the first one at the 360 section when they opened and my store only had 7 copies. I didn't check the PS3 section though so maybe they had more for the PS3.

I'm not quite sure why it's better for CAG to hoard than SD?[/QUOTE]
Didn't mean to offend KrayzieKMF. We all use/read/or a member of SD. I just hate when deals like this come along and (for the most part) I see these things all gone or littered on CL and Ebay (mostly by SDers that don't don't even play video games) and brag how much they sold them for.

I apologize. Most of us here flip to score other video games/accessories and not just to resell for cash. I grabbed 4 (2-PS3 2-Xbox) 1 for me, and the other 2 for my friends and relatives so we can play and chat even though we are in different states. Already bought a 360 version when it was $19.99 last week (giving BBV my old copy for the Snuggies).

And so it begins....

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged 2 :360: and 3 :ps3: copies. Cheap xmas gifts!

They accepted them at the Day/Nason St BB in Riverside, CA.

Day St had a few copies of each left. Nason St had 2-3 :360: and 7+ :ps3: left.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's assuming they even release the coupon, which should have been out on the Gamer's Club side site by now, so unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath on it being released tomorrow.:cry:

If it were though, I had every intention of buying ONE copy for my buddy, since he liked the game when he borrowed my copy.

The coupon only works for FIVE copies of the game regardless of platform, so you would've needed a second coupon to be scanned for that sixth copy.[/QUOTE]

ohhh thanks for the tip then : D

[quote name='evildeadjedi']BBV credit will either go on the store account, gift card or value cards(I just flipped one of each to bbv and found I still had 34 credit on my value card I didn't know about).[/QUOTE]

What is this value card you speak of? Do i have to ask for one of those.

I called and they said it goes onto the store account....And i want to trade in all of them at once.

Does anyone know if blockbuster will take 5 copies. 3 for one system and 2 for the other

I grabbed 5 for the PS3 (4 for friends to try out the co-op) and a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Took two quick trips, but no issues from either cashier.

[quote name='token2k6']well I'm done, 7 stores, glad I got the day off work! Merry Christmas to us indeed!![/QUOTE]

Damn - you got a shit load of BB around you :)

[quote name='allure']What is this value card you speak of? Do i have to ask for one of those.

I called and they said it goes onto the store account....And i want to trade in all of them at once.

Does anyone know if blockbuster will take 5 copies. 3 for one system and 2 for the other[/QUOTE]

You do but ymmv if they have them anymore. Some stores are like that it just depends on the store. I believe you can only trade one for each system at bbv(that's what I have always done when flipping).

Toys R Us gives you 10.50 credit for each.
Gamestop gives 9.00 for each but if you have two other ps3, 360 or wii titles that have a tiv of 2.00 or more you can get an extra $20 credit.
Some said that Best buy online will give you 10 bucks for each one as well I believe.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Damn - you got a shit load of BB around you :)[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, there are probably 30 w/in a 60 mile radius of Houston..today I went to 3 spaced evenly out on the same 20 mile strip of highway..gotta love it!

It sucks about all the hoarding and flipping talk. sure I got a bazzillion copies sitting on the table, but let's not forget this deal was only good one day. If I left copies every where I visited, I don't feel so bad. It's not like there can be, "Damn all you guys who hoarded today, i can't get my copy tomorrow..." I say good for us if we exploited the hell outta this deal on this particular day!

[quote name='allure']What is this value card you speak of? Do i have to ask for one of those.

Does anyone know if blockbuster will take 5 copies. 3 for one system and 2 for the other[/QUOTE]

If you have a cool Blockbuster you might get them to accept one of each(1 PS3, 1 360)like I just did earlier tonight, but chances are they won't take all five copies in one show.

As long as you have 1-2 other Blockbuster stores around by you, I'd just try breaking up the other 3 copies among the other two stores or call them first and ask them if you have a receipt can you trade in multiples at the same time.

As for the Value Card, it's a yellow gift card that is only for store credit from trades. You have to ask them to put it on a Value Card. Otherwise, they will have to transfer your balance electronically if you want to use any of the credit you amass from those 5 copies at another store.

Believe me, after they do that 1-2 times, they'll want to throw the remaining credit on a card for you.:D

[quote name='evildeadjedi']You do but ymmv if they have them anymore. Some stores are like that it just depends on the store. I believe you can only trade one for each system at bbv(that's what I have always done when flipping).

Toys R Us gives you 10.50 credit for each.
Gamestop gives 9.00 for each but if you have two other ps3, 360 or wii titles that have a tiv of 2.00 or more you can get an extra $20 credit.
Some said that Best buy online will give you 10 bucks for each one as well I believe.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe the current trade promo at GS is 'trade 3, get $10 extra, trade 4, get $20 extra', so you have to decide if you want an extra $3 per game or an extra $5 per game. I know what I'd decide on.

As for me, I just traded one of each to my closest Blockbuster about 40 minutes ago and I walked out with a $44 giftcard.

Now if only I could find a Blockbuster that still sold game hardware like PS3's and 360's, since I'd try and dump the other copies I still have and get another system on Best Buy's dime.

I got 1 PS3 - : ) - The manager was watching over all the lines and saw me walk up with the game, he told the guy at the register after scanning it that it would be better to just do the $20 dollar deal, as the coupon would have to come off the $50 dollar price tag. I was really nice to them, did not fight it at all, he scanned the coupon and gave me the game for free anyways - along with the Complete series of Extras for $17. I had hoped to grab a few extras for friends or as trade bait even, but I have a final tomorrow and Tuesday so I dont have time to waste on this, this time around. : / - I have like 5 stores within a 10 mile radius, so I could have really gotten a lot, but I figured a free game for me is enough.

Thanks CAG.

Should we celebrate this day every year? Add it to the National Holiday calendar? Great day though.

On a more sad note, it shows how poor BB is at hiring employees. It says "Only valid on regular priced games" in BOLD on the coupon.

Seriously, I believe Best Buy needed to clear space for the titles coming next year.

I traded in two other titles with two copies of Fairy Tale fights at gs to get the 20 credit promo.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Apologies if i missed it, but wasnt the Saints Row 2 coupon suppose to be up today? It still isnt...[/QUOTE]

I think that the ones that went active on 12/7 appeared on 12/7.

Have any of you fellow hoarding assholes thought that because of us there will probably be a Fairytale Fights 2. With the large sales numbers we are giving Playlogic with todays sales of the game at bestbuy we are damning ourselves to another crappy game being made. So then after they make the sequel and no one buys it the poor bastards at Playlogic will most likely go bankrupt. How evil we are. oh well I got a bunch of credits for it, TODAY ROCKS. 16 copies for me.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just picked up 3 ps3 and 1 4360 copy and fliped them for 9 bucks each at gamestop then purchased God of War collection for 4 bucks. ^^[/QUOTE]

how did that math work?

I got 6 copies for ps3, 3 copies for x360
my friend got 4 copies of 360

done for our small town's bestbuy
tomorrow is lets tap and sait row II yay

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Should we celebrate this day every year? Add it to the National Holiday calendar? Great day though.

On a more sad note, it shows how poor BB is at hiring employees. It says "Only valid on regular priced games" in BOLD on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the last cashier I was talking to while she was ringing me out was reading the coupon and I just mentioned that 'so n so said it was ok earlier' and I just looked back and smiled at the CSR who helped me the prior time I nabbed some copies and then the cashier stopped reading the coupon and hit total.:D

It definitely helps to make ALOT of small talk with the employees while you're doing a deal like this, since if they get the chance to read the coupon or the urge to call a manager, then you're screwed.:cry:

The one cashier from 9 this morning was pretty cool though. She kept asking me what kind of game it was and since I did read up on it a bit I knew enough about it to strike up a conversation with her about the game.

As for when the coupon for Saint's Row 2 may be up, arsenalcrazy8, I'm wondering that myself since I know it should've been up by now.

Worked this morning for the 360 version. Decided to go back and pick up a ps 3 version for my brother in law and it didn't automatically come off at the register. Just paid for it and immediately returned it. Appears to be dead at the Montrose OH location.

I believe the Saints Row 2 coupon is valid starting tomorrow for PS3.

Not for nothing, but can everyone who gets rejected from the FairyTale Fights sale help each other out by listing the Best Buy that rejected

you and in what City and State you are in please? Also, those of you that got the deal, please list the BestBuy you got it at to help others.

I'm in Kissimmee, FL (Zip code 34772) and I don't have a ride yet, so if anyone has tried around me, let me know.

I just got home from the B.B. at The Loop in Kissimmee. They had them and I got a couple no problem. the girl that rang me out smiled and said best deal she's seen in a long time. They had a ton left on the shelf

[quote name='token2k6']oh yeah, there are probably 30 w/in a 60 mile radius of Houston..today I went to 3 spaced evenly out on the same 20 mile strip of highway..gotta love it!

It sucks about all the hoarding and flipping talk. sure I got a bazzillion copies sitting on the table, but let's not forget this deal was only good one day. If I left copies every where I visited, I don't feel so bad. It's not like there can be, "Damn all you guys who hoarded today, i can't get my copy tomorrow..." I say good for us if we exploited the hell outta this deal on this particular day![/QUOTE]

A man who speaks with reason!!! I knew I liked you!

If you wanted this game, you can pick it up for $20 tomorrow. If you wanted it for free today, you knew the deal. It's stupid to leave it on the table when the deal is ONLY good for a day.

And all the talk about the companies not doing this because of abuse... How many times has BB done this ALREADY??? If they gave one shit, they would have already ended these deals. The fact that they still happen are testament to the fact that our little group (and SD, FW and a million other deal sites) have very little power in the overall marketplace for a big store like BB or Target or WalMart...

I say... wait for it... GRAB THEM SHITZ!!!

Well, crap. I expected to check this thread and see that it was dead! I tried to buy a few and even after the clerk hit "apply package" it did not discount the games - their conclusion was that was because they were already on sale. I thought maybe they fixed it mid-day, but that doesn't appear to be the case. WTF!?

Could it just be fixed at one store? They had a ton of copies of both versions so maybe it just didn't work here . Odd...

[quote name='token2k6']how did that math work?[/QUOTE]

My bad, I mean 3 x ps3 copy and 1 x 360 copy. gamestop TIV is 9.00. So 4 copy = $36.00. I knew about the gamecrazy 17 tiv but there is no gamecrazy in my area so I will settle for $9.00 per copy.

[quote name='rogus']I just got home from the B.B. at The Loop in Kissimmee. They had them and I got a couple no problem. the girl that rang me out smiled and said best deal she's seen in a long time. They had a ton left on the shelf[/QUOTE]

Many thanks Bro! :) Damn I need a ride! I think tey are open until 11:00 PM tonight. I hope they have some if I can get a ride by that time.:cold:

[quote name='maxim2boobles']game crazy will give you $17 for FF. why people going to game crap? blockbuster $22[/QUOTE]

They closed every Game Crazy in 100 mile radius of me...

[quote name='daminion']Worked this morning for the 360 version. Decided to go back and pick up a ps 3 version for my brother in law and it didn't automatically come off at the register. Just paid for it and immediately returned it. Appears to be dead at the Montrose OH location.[/QUOTE]

Worked for both versions for me at the Montrose, OH one this morning at 830 AM.

Also worked at the Chapel Hill, OH one for both versions, and the same for the Macedonia, OH one.

Some guy(CAG?) bought the only 3 copies at the Canton, OH strip BB at 8AM today according to the cashier I checked out with there.

Sorry, reading from my iPhone at Baja Fresh ;) and didn't see that others also didn't have it work. Strange stuff... Not sure if I should try another then...

bread's done
Back