Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']^ha, love too, have to be at work at 7am though, that's another 'perk'[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have to be at work at 6:30.....though I MAY get away for a little bit around 8am. ;)

Guys: you are missing something here: the reward zone gamers club site doesn't have the coupon up yet for Let's Tap and SR2.

Also, any chance of PMing SR2 with Walmart or someone and then using the coupon?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I managed to score 17 copies between 2 Best Buys. I have 2 Best Buys w/ in 15 minutes of each other. I went out around 2:30 EST to the first BB. I printed 4 coupons since my plan was to go back into each store once. If I had the extra money for gas or time, I would have hit up about 7 stores. There's quite a few in the Raleigh area.

I tried getting 6 copies although someone already stated it would only work for 5 copies. I can verify that 6 copies for free didn't work per transaction, but 5 did. I got 2 PS3 copies & 3 360 copies each trip to the register. I then reversed that when I took my bag to the car & came back in. My plan to not look suspicious was to tell them I forgot to grab something else when going back inside the store. Thankfully I didn't have to use it.

The stores were busy as hell & the cashiers didn't care. Through my 4 different transactions, I had 4 different cashiers. All but 3 of them had a surprised look on their faces that was just PRICELESS! I didn't act suspicious or nervous. Nor did I bring any fillers. Well except for the PS3 controllers that I told them I decided not to get. The 4th cashier was like "You do know you got 2 PS3 copies right?" I told him "Yeah, one of them is a gift."

One of the other cashiers said "You're slick!". This was after I told her they were all free today only w/ the coupon. None of the cashiers cared to check to see if the games were on sale or not. Each time they scanned my RZ card, coupon, & then the games. NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER.

The first store I hit up also had this Beatles Rock Band promotion w/ Time Warner Cable set up in the store. There was quite a good sized stage setup in the store right in front as you walk in. There was some guys playing the game, & they were also giving out some Beatles Rock Band swag. I scored 2 XL Beatles Rock Band tshirts for my wife & I.

Overall I'd say a very successful day![/QUOTE]

[quote name='thebytewasbit']For those of you bitching about people hoarding these games on this fine deal day:

I am unemployed, a college student, husband, & father of a 22 month old. Due to this shitty economy, people screwing me out of money for work I did that they refuse to pay, my wife's illness, & considering our ONLY car is getting repossessed tomorrow, I think my family & I deserve a break when it comes to deals like this. Considering also that I've had to sell ALL of my gaming systems just to make ends meet, I think my wife & I deserve a break in treating ourselves towards using the trade in value towards a new HDTV, PS3, or a new Wii to replace the one we had to sell.

As it is now, I might also have to sell my Crimson Red DS Lite that my wife bought for me for our anniversary. Needless to say, it holds quite a bit of sentimental value considering that I had to sell my first DS Lite a few years ago due to needing the money. She bought that one for my birthday.

So to all of you who are bitching & moaning about others hoarding, more than likely you knew about this deal ahead of time, & it was a one day only deal to get it for free. It's not like the stores won't get more copies in. If you didn't jump on the deal & had the time to go out to the stores today in your area, then it's your own damn fault. It sounds like YOU'RE the one(s) being greedy here.

Overall I am thankful that due to the generosity of friends & family, our daughter will have a nice Christmas. Unless you've been in a similar pair of shoes, you have no idea what it's like to not be able to provide for your family no matter how hard or try or what you do. ESPECIALLY here @ Christmas.

That being said...Merry Christmas everyone! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Any chance you managed to submit any applications in your running around today? Or during the four hours of posting on CAG? Or is the plan of action currently getting a free PS3 or HDTV?

[quote name='62t']Am I the only one who is going to play Let's Tap?[/QUOTE]

I would if I had a Wii. The only thing I have though is to go wii. :(

[quote name='Jodou']Man, what scrooge has you working that early on Christmas week!? ;)[/QUOTE]

I believe Scrooge is the principal character in Charles Dickens' 1843 novel, A Christmas Carol. At the beginning of the novel, Scrooge is a cold-hearted, tight fisted and greedy man, who despises Christmas and all things which engender happiness. A quote from the book reads "The cold within him froze his old features, nipped his pointed nose, made his eyes red, his thin lips blue, and he spoke out shrewdly in his grating voice ..." His last name has come into the English language as a byword for miserliness and misanthropy, traits displayed by Scrooge in the exaggerated manner for which Dickens is well-known. The tale of his redemption by the three Ghosts of Christmas (Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, and Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come) has become a defining tale of the Christmas holiday. Scrooge's catchphrase, "Bah, humbug!" is often used to express disgust with many of the modern Christmas traditions.

...and he is human, therefore, what are you talking about?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Scrooge

[quote name='clariste']Any chance you managed to submit any applications in your running around today? Or during the four hours of posting on CAG? Or is the plan of action currently getting a free PS3 or HDTV?[/QUOTE]

@everyone bashing the guy: stop being assholes and let him run his life. kthxbai

[quote name='dabamus']I would if I had a Wii. The only thing I have though is to go wii. :([/QUOTE]

i'll be giving one to my parents when i stop by for Christmas...i think they still play the wii i got them last year lol

I've actually really wanted to play it but haven't really been sure about even paying $20-- but it seems like a fun, quirky Sega game so it's been on my list for a while.

That said, I fully expect the coupon to appear, but after today's fiasco I'm expecting the BB cashiers to be a LOT more hesitant to let people walk out with free games.. :/

[quote name='dabamus']Guys: you are missing something here: the reward zone gamers club site doesn't have the coupon up yet for Let's Tap and SR2.

Also, any chance of PMing SR2 with Walmart or someone and then using the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I really hope they have it up by 12.00 am

also what is let's tap about is it a party type game like rayman raving rabbids

I'm planning on getting a copy of Let's Tap to play. I won't be able to go until my lunch hour, though, so I hope it's not shut down by then.

[quote name='clariste']Any chance you managed to submit any applications in your running around today? Or during the four hours of posting on CAG? Or is the plan of action currently getting a free PS3 or HDTV?[/QUOTE]

Dad? Is that YOU?

No wait...nevermind...my dad isn't a douchebag.

I don't even care that people hoarded the game but this post made me laugh. :applause:

it'll be funny to see what happens with saints row 2, there was a corporate email that got sent out late today explaining the issue with the game being on sale and the coupon...the managers were supposed to tell the cashiers that they were to override the price to the reg. price and then use the coupon(makes no sense because then your getting it for the sale price) but with how busy the store were with last minute xmas shopping, i see that most stores didn't read the email. The coupon was fixed later in the day, pretty much voiding the coupons out as soon as it was scanned. They are aware of the saints row 2 coupons hence why the price increased to $25. And for anyone who wants to know, these act like manufacturer coupons in which BB gets reimbursed for so they dont lose any money(dont know why they really care so much then, other than being in the negative for the day in that category). As of closing time there was no email sent out about the saints row 2, but that may just be because the game is $25 now so they're still bringing in the $5 for every copy sold.

Well, hopefully I'll wake up to a coupon in the morning for tapping the day away!

I may post a bit more, but g'night for now!

[quote name='hobomatt']it'll be funny to see what happens with saints row 2, there was a corporate email that got sent out late today explaining the issue with the game being on sale and the coupon...the managers were supposed to tell the cashiers that they were to override the price to the reg. price and then use the coupon(makes no sense because then your getting it for the sale price) but with how busy the store were with last minute xmas shopping, i see that most stores didn't read the email. The coupon was fixed later in the day, pretty much voiding the coupons out as soon as it was scanned. They are aware of the saints row 2 coupons hence why the price increased to $25. And for anyone who wants to know, these act like manufacturer coupons in which BB gets reimbursed for so they dont lose any money(dont know why they really care so much then, other than being in the negative for the day in that category). As of closing time there was no email sent out about the saints row 2, but that may just be because the game is $25 now so they're still bringing in the $5 for every copy sold.[/QUOTE]

great info.

where is the sr2 coupon? can't find it on the rz site.

lulz :lol:

[quote name='bg2001']great info.

where is the sr2 coupon? can't find it on the rz site.[/QUOTE]

if its anything like the last batch, they had some problems uploading them and they came a day an a half late

[quote name='hobomatt']if its anything like the last batch, they had some problems uploading them and they came a day an a half late[/QUOTE]

That makes me a sad panduh

I dunno about you guys, but when I'm faced with a choice between a free PS3 and providing for my family, I choose the PS3 every single time. Dude, it only does everything.

for that last couple batches the gamer zone twitter account has been spot on for posting a tweet saying when they are posted, if you want just search for RZGamersClub on twitter

[quote name='Ronin317']Yeah, you missed back a few pages where it was reported as shut down, and there was a memo out at store level about it. The game wasn't marked as a sale price in the system, thus the coupon worked. When the game was finally designated as being on sale, the coupon stopped working.[/QUOTE]

Late in the day a store manager told me that someone hacked the rewardzone website and the coupon was uploaded fraudulently and that is why it wasn't working. i told him that was a load of bs.

[quote name='Oside_hunter']That makes me a sad panduh[/QUOTE]
+1 internets for the Sexual Harassment Panda reference!

[quote name='chuckywang']I dunno about you guys, but when I'm faced with a choice between a free PS3 and providing for my family, I choose the PS3 every single time. Dude, it only does everything.[/QUOTE]

If you can't sell the games, why the hell not?

i actually planned on keeping a copy of Fairytale Fights til i played it. pure crap. traded my 2 360 and 3 ps3 copies to Hollywood Video for $80. i got 12 blurays for that plus paid $10 out of pocket thanx to some price adjustments. lol.

Once I looked up what kind of game it is, I am going to keep 1 copy for myself. I had originally thought it was some tap dancing game that used the balance board and had no interest in it.

[quote name='bg2001']Ruin what? Would any of us have actually paid $20 for this POS anyways?[/QUOTE]

I think some people actually did before this weeks bb ad was posted on sd.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']bbv can ban you from trading.[/QUOTE]

yeah late to post but.... it's not like BBV is going to be around by 2011 so... not much of a loss if you get banned...

So whats a good price to sell these on EBAY?

I scored about 50 copies today and I need money for smack for my GF and me......

We sold our 15 month old son for hot pockets last week and we were thinking of maybe making another one so help a fellow CAG out:)

fairytale fight xbox
fairytale fight ps3
saint row II ps3
lets tap wii

all trade-in game stop
trade-in value + $20

I can get around $100?

[quote name='jer7583']I did not agree with people abusing the B2G1 glitch, since it was a glitch. But this coupon is just fine.

Got 7 copies today. (the last PS3 one because I needed a replacement case, and 6 360 copies, which they had over 50 left of) I dunno how i'm going to get rid of them, the game is awful (seriously, right stick to attack? stop making games, whoever decided that) And Blockbuster won't let you use the credit on anything here, or trade more than one per account.

Guess TRU is the best option. Just want to get some free MS/Wii/PSN points, blockbuster won't allow you to use store credit on those.. stupid.[/QUOTE]

BBV sells Visa gift cards... Trade your games and buy a Visa Gift card. It will take you about $5 to activate but you'll have $22 for each game rather than $10 from TRU and then you can spend your money anywhere you want.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']So whats a good price to sell these on EBAY?

I scored about 50 copies today and I need money for smack for my GF and me......

We sold our 15 month old son for hot pockets last week and we were thinking of maybe making another one so help a fellow CAG out:)[/QUOTE]

Wtf

[quote name='Kstyle']fairytale fight xbox
fairytale fight ps3
saint row II ps3
lets tap wii

all trade-in game stop
trade-in value + $20

I can get around $100?[/QUOTE]

Damn I hope so....

Crack Cocaine is really expensive this season....

[quote name='GEMONYTE']BBV sells Visa gift cards... Trade your games and buy a Visa Gift card. It will take you about $5 to activate but you'll have $22 for each game rather than $10 from TRU and then you can spend your money anywhere you want.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity how would one go about unloading 8 copies at BBV? I assume they'll raise an eyebrow if you trade them all in at the same time. Sorry to come off so noobish just curious how to successfully pull this off, I'd love to pick up a few other presents before the holidays. The Visa Gift card would be a stellar idea.

Thanks!

[quote name='Lord Hamm']So whats a good price to sell these on EBAY?

We sold our 15 month old son for hot pockets last week and we were thinking of maybe making another one so help a fellow CAG out:)[/QUOTE]

LOL Hot Pockets, fraking EPIC!

[quote name='juden66']LOL Hot Pockets, fraking EPIC![/QUOTE]

Hot Pockets...you were my friend everyday after school during my high school years.

[quote name='Casteor']You guys all sound like you're smuggling drugs and shit.[/QUOTE]

Fairytale Fights is code for 100% pure Columbian

[quote name='Casteor']You guys all sound like you're smuggling drugs and shit.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad analogy, considering some of the crazy game-laundering going on in order to turn these things into profit (trade them in at BBV... for games that have higher trade in value at gamestop!!). I got my three copies, one is already on its way to SLC (packaged with a copy of XBlades, muhahahaha!). Haven't decided what to do with the others yet, but I don't really play the trade-in game so they'll probably just be gag gifts.

bread's done
Back