Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josef']I don't want to hear anymore bitching about Slick Deals ever again on this site.[/QUOTE]

Even if I bang the hell out of my keyboard when typing while screaming bloody murder, you still aren't gonna "hear" it.

[quote name='kingofpittsburgh']is the Fairytale Fights coupon still working if u can find a copy of it?[/QUOTE]

It expired yesterday.

Hopefully, they put up the new coupons soon. I want to pick up both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and Let's Tap (if I can find it).

[quote name='bg2001']What are the chances that people get banned from BB or reward zone over this? BB has that whole angel customer / devil customer policy...[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I believe Shrike last year got his account banned for buying multiple copies of Midnight Club: LA when it was $9.99 after RZ coupon. If that's true than I can't imagine people "buying" 20 or so copies for free aren't going to raise any suspicions with the Best Buy people.

[quote name='emg28']It expired yesterday.

Hopefully, they put up the new coupons soon. I want to pick up both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and Let's Tap (if I can find it).[/QUOTE]

Yea, I need a Mystery Dungeon and Let's Tap to finish a Christmas Gift myself. Really want to get SR2 for a friend of mine and I so we have something new to tinker with online together.

but aren't well all devils in BB's minds already? they have all the info to compile whatever spreadsheet lists they want.

so hoarding sucks. but whether you like it or not, its a part of life here. hopefully, this thread will die down soon. just use "common sense" or follow the "wiser" steps and dont go to extremes for a one time gain; smaller payouts over a longer time are better for several reasons.

on a lighter note, i tried to play FF on my ps3. I can't believe the load times. After suffering through 3 separate loads, my game crashes and said that my game data is corrupted without even playing 30 seconds. WTF? I did this two more times before giving up on the game.

[quote name='Josef']I could be wrong but I believe Shrike last year got his account banned for buying multiple copies of Midnight Club: LA when it was $9.99 after RZ coupon. If that's true than I can't imagine people "buying" 20 or so copies for free aren't going to raise any suspicions with the Best Buy people.[/QUOTE]
hmmm maybe the horder whore here in colorado will get banned hehehehehe

suits her right

[quote name='Josef']I could be wrong but I believe Shrike last year got his account banned for buying multiple copies of Midnight Club: LA when it was $9.99 after RZ coupon. If that's true than I can't imagine people "buying" 20 or so copies for free aren't going to raise any suspicions with the Best Buy people.[/QUOTE]

Hey did shrike get it reinstated? I thought they were gonna ban him but then after the talked to them a bit they reinstated his account.

So what happened?

I think he was helping CAGz out, I remember the time when Tony Hawk project 8 was a deal at costco and he helped a bunch of CAGz get it.

[quote name='enufs8d']on a lighter note, i tried to play FF on my ps3. I can't believe the load times. After suffering through 3 separate loads, my game crashes and said that my game data is corrupted without even playing 30 seconds. WTF? I did this two more times before giving up on the game.[/QUOTE]

Wow. This has got to be PS3 specific. My friends and I played :360: co-op all the way to the candy land castle (2-2.5 hours in) and didn't have any glitches.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Yea, I need a Mystery Dungeon and Let's Tap to finish a Christmas Gift myself. Really want to get SR2 for a friend of mine and I so we have something new to tinker with online together.[/QUOTE]

you need a picture of "Why can't Mr. Zurkon kill stupid Fungoids"

[quote name='Britshady']The sad part is it being the unpopular opinion when it's just plain common sense. These deals are meant to be for people that want these games to begin with. Not some money making Cash for Gold opportunity for kids that can't stand paying for anything.

For the few of us that just wanted a few games to ya know actually play??? we're SOL. As far as how good the game is.... I'm sure it's far from great but it's all up to whatever we want to kill a little time with. There's plenty of games that others just love that I can't stand to play and vice versa.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Not that half the people on here even get that idiom. I always thought the average age on here was older than it apparently is at the moment.[/QUOTE]

How does the saying 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' apply to this deal? If anything, the meaning behind that saying in this particular case is that the person giving you the item or horse (Best Buy) is trying to pull a fast one on you, giving you a horse with fucked up teeth ... not bestowing some amazing gift you should just be thankful for.

So yes, I agree with you ... Best Buy knows Fairytale Fights is a steaming piece of crap and is attempting to unload inventory as quickly as possible. Hence, don't look too closely at the gift horse (aka your free games) or you'll see how shitty its teeth are (aka terrible gameplay) and realize you now have 10 copies of a game that has just had its trade in value lowered everywhere and sells for a few bucks online ... and you wasted a day of your life acquiring them ... unless you used the credit to buy an xbox for $45 like ... uh ... certain people may have today.

But seriously ... you've spent the entire day ranting on this board about how you didn't get a copy of the game and how the evil hoarders drank your milkshake... did you even try? Did you wake up at 7:00 am and go to Best Buy by 8:00 am ... and then even try to get a copy? Were you shoved by some hoarder and held down by his cronies while they picked up every copy around you? Because seriously dude ... if that didn't happen ... if you didn't try ... then really, and I mean this in the nicest way possible ... would you kindly stop posting.

[quote name='muzras']Hey did shrike get it reinstated? I thought they were gonna ban him but then after the talked to them a bit they reinstated his account.

So what happened?

I think he was helping CAGz out, I remember the time when Tony Hawk project 8 was a deal at costco and he helped a bunch of CAGz get it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure what the end result was. I think he bought around 30 or 40 to sell to CAGs at cost. Last I remembered his account was flagged and banned. Hopefully he can chime into this thread with an update.

I honestly don't know why BB just doesn't deny anything beyond 2 copies. What are you going to do complain and threaten never to return? They know you will, you're buying multiple copies of 1 game, I would notice at 3+ copies that you are probably abusing the deal and would deny it out right.

Either way you would return next time a deal comes around, because your just looking for a deal.

/rant

[quote name='etcrane']How does the saying 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' apply to this deal? If anything, the meaning behind that saying in this particular case is that the person giving you the item or horse (Best Buy) is trying to pull a fast one on you, giving you a horse with fucked up teeth ... not bestowing some amazing gift you should just be thankful for.

So yes, I agree with you ... Best Buy knows Fairytale Fights is a steaming piece of crap and is attempting to unload inventory as quickly as possible. Hence, don't look too closely at the gift horse (aka your free games) or you'll see how shitty its teeth are (aka terrible gameplay) and realize you now have 10 copies of a game that has just had its trade in value lowered everywhere and sells for a few bucks online ... and you wasted a day of your life acquiring them ... unless you used the credit to buy an xbox for $45 like ... uh ... certain people may have today.

But seriously ... you've spent the entire day ranting on this board about how you didn't get a copy of the game and how the evil hoarders drank your milkshake... did you even try? Did you wake up at 7:00 am and go to Best Buy by 8:00 am ... and then even try to get a copy? Were you shoved by some hoarder and held down by his cronies while they picked up every copy around you? Because seriously dude ... if that didn't happen ... if you didn't try ... then really, and I mean this in the nicest way possible ... would you kindly stop posting.[/QUOTE]

Bravo!!!! Bravo!!!!1 Agreed 100%. I didn't even go to bed Saturday night. I usually don't go to bed until like 4 or 5 am anyways, so decided to just stay up longer and sleep afterwards. Waited in Best Buy's parking lot for like 20 minutes before 8. Hell, I was the first person to post their success story on this deal. I grabbed 5 copies...the store had like 30+. If I really wanted to I could have just have easily went right back in and grabbed more and took them to another cashier. But I thought I'd leave em for other people. Decided to instead try my luck at another store. Success there. Another 5 copies. That store had about 20+ copies left.

So I had 10 copies. I went around to 5 different places to flip the games..seeing as most places don't take more than one copy of the same system for a game. That took me like 2-3 hours in itself. Than came home for like an hour. Noticed people saying they got more than 10 copies.and decided.hey its 2:00 pm........the store has bene open for 6 hrs. I've given people time..why not see if theres any left. When i went there.it had looked like the games werent even touched from when I was there at 8 that morning. So seriously.if people wanted them.they could have gotten them. So grabbed 5 more and success..than when I went to store 2 again for 5 more copies i got turned down. Noticed they updated the computers or whatnot because now the coupon didnt automatically deduct the games to $0.00. So..oh well 15 copies is still good.

If I'm giving people time to get the stuff before returning later myself.I don't consider it a bad thing. Sorry if you didnt get a copy today......if you even tried. But if you 'really' wanted in on this deal..than yah, you should have went earlier.

I'm upset that the Lets Tap coupons havent been posted yet. :/ Looks like I get to sleep in though.which is good since I'm exhausted from this whole fiasco with fairytale Fights

Well, I spent about an hour and 30 minutes on this today. I went to one Best Buy with another person who had no idea what the deal was. We each got 5 copies at the first best buy we left 2 for who ever wanted them. The cashier said he would have to get them him self.

Then went to the other best buy, about 10mins away form the one we were at. For me worked with out a problem, for the other person in my party, the cashier claimed it wouldn't work because it was on sale. But she scanned it, and it went through. So right there 20 copies.

Then I went to game crazy, gave the manager 4 copies, I asked him how much I would get? He said you get 16 each, so I handed him 4 copies netting me 64 dollars. I then bought New Super Mario on the wii for free. I told him about the deal at best buy and gave him a spare coupon, and he said he would take the rest off my hands on Wednesday. I told him i had 16, and he said something along the lines of happy holidays.

So yes it is a lot of work, to take part of a deal like this, but for a few hours of work it was worth it. For those complaining that they didn't get it on it, there will be other chances. I my self did not take part in the X blades deal, or the buy 2 get 1 glitch. Call it greed, call it hoarding, but it is just logic.

So the lesson learned is.

lesson 1) Abuse best buy coupons
lesson 2) _________ ?
lesson 3 PROFIT

Happy Holidays To All.

The coupon stated you could buy up to 3 copies for each system, so anything within that limit is playing by the rules. Anybody complaining is just wasting their time.

[quote name='mousebites']Well, I spent about an hour and 30 minutes on this today. I went to one Best Buy with another person who had no idea what the deal was. We each got 5 copies at the first best buy we left 2 for who ever wanted them. The cashier said he would have to get them him self.

Then went to the other best buy, about 10mins away form the one we were at. For me worked with out a problem, for the other person in my party, the cashier claimed it wouldn't work because it was on sale. But she scanned it, and it went through. So right there 20 copies.

Then I went to game crazy, gave the manager 4 copies, I asked him how much I would get? He said you get 16 each, so I handed him 4 copies netting me 64 dollars. I then bought New Super Mario on the wii for free. I told him about the deal at best buy and gave him a spare coupon, and he said he would take the rest off my hands on Wednesday. I told him i had 16, and he said something along the lines of happy holidays.

So yes it is a lot of work, to take part of a deal like this, but for a few hours of work it was worth it. For those complaining that they didn't get it on it, there will be other chances. I my self did not take part in the X blades deal, or the buy 2 get 1 glitch. Call it greed, call it hoarding, but it is just logic.

So the lesson learned is.

lesson 1) Abuse best buy coupons
lesson 2) _________ ?
lesson 3 PROFIT

Happy Holidays To All.[/QUOTE]

Going to one store and maxing out the deal is one thing, but going to multiple stores with another flipper is just a douche move. That's when BB should remove you from the Rewards program, but then again, with all those games popping up on your Rewards account that may just happen.

It seems as if i had done nothing wrong. I followed the coupon's rules. In fact multiple people have done far worse then me with that coupon. So I don't feel bad about abusing such a corrupt corporation. I didn't max both of them out, each one had about 25-30 copies of each system. So there was plenty for any one else. The coupon and the workers are to blame, not me. It's there fault not mine it is your fault for not taking advantage of it. This is my first time doing something like this.

I thought I'd give FF a try for 10 minutes or so and it turned into an hour. It's a pretty fun little game. Not as good as the Streets of Rage games in the Genesis Collection, but still good for a diversion or two with friends.

Arg...I'm waiting for the coupons so I can get Pokemon, MadWorld, and Saints Row 2.

My guess on the delay is BB is trying to avoid another free game orgy. Just by reading
some of these posts it looks like many were able to grab 15-20 copies of Fairytale Fights. I'm sure BB gave away over 1000 free copies of the game.

That's very true lol, but those $20 are coming out of BB's pockets. It's the season of giving, but I don't think BB loves us that much.

On a side note. People that were able to snag multiple copies should consider donating a game or two to some charities. Just a thought.

It's 7am EST and still no coupon. Was hoping to stop by Best Buy in the AM before work, but at this rate, guess I won't. Unfortunately, I was actually looking to pickup Red Faction Guerilla as a Christmas gift. Let's hope the coupon pops up later so I can go during my lunch hour.

Argh...where are the new coupons, i gotta go to work!
Looked at the dec 7th and 8th of this thread and forgot they didn't put up the coupons till the next evening last coupon group... oh well

I got 3 free copies of FF the first time I went to best buy yesterday. My coupons wouldn't scan (stupid printer), but the cashier just typed in the number and it worked no problem. Went back a few hours later and got and old cashier and knew it probably wasn't going to work with her. Never go to old cashiers, they always call the manager over. So of course she did and the manager said the coupon was for regular priced items. I claim I use these coupons all the time and they work on sale prices and she was like no they don't. I told her to just scan it and try and see it will work, but no go. I left.

[quote name='bg2001']What are the chances that people get banned from BB or reward zone over this? BB has that whole angel customer / devil customer policy...[/QUOTE]

That is not new. The angel / devil was two or three years ago... and it passed.

[quote name='Kstyle']well our town's BB is already open ..

I just want coupon[/QUOTE]

same here....my BB is open too - just need the coupon :( Hope they dont wait and post it at noon or something

[quote name='LordFarquaad']has anyone found out if the gran turismo coupon will work with the download card?[/QUOTE]

I remember I PM'd a digital GT download card for $20 Fry's printed out 2 weeks after it came out. The CSR at the CS counter was hesitant, but I gave her the PSP Go spiel, that it was "the device of the future", so there was no reason why the now antiquated "UMD" couldn't be considered the same as a DL card. I basically then said, "the only reason I want to buy this is for the card, if we can't PM it, then I just won't take it." So she did it, I guess sometimes a sale is better than no sale.

No, the coupon won't work on its own b/c I bet the SKU's don't match. But take the coupon to the CS counter and just ask nicely. YMMV of course!

[quote name='UberSwiss']That's very true lol, but those $20 are coming out of BB's pockets. It's the season of giving, but I don't think BB loves us that much.

On a side note. People that were able to snag multiple copies should consider donating a game or two to some charities. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Even when you do donate some copies, the people still find something to bitch about that. 'The game isn't appropriate for kids' and 'What's someone going to do with a new game for christmas, from a charity?' :roll:

[quote name='token2k6']I remember I PM'd a digital GT download card for $20 Fry's printed out 2 weeks after it came out. The CSR at the CS counter was hesitant, but I gave her the PSP Go spiel, that it was "the device of the future", so there was no reason why the now antiquated "UMD" couldn't be considered the same as a DL card. I basically then said, "the only reason I want to buy this is for the card, if we can't PM it, then I just won't take it." So she did it, I guess sometimes a sale is better than no sale.

No, the coupon won't work on its own b/c I bet the SKU's don't match. But take the coupon to the CS counter and just ask nicely. YMMV of course![/QUOTE]

yeah i figured it may take a little simple cajoling, they are the same thing, etc, etc. I'm sure a little politeness a few days before Christmas may go a long way. :D

over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!! over 9000!!!

[quote name='Darkprime']The last round of coupons took a couple days.[/QUOTE]

A couple of days after the coupon started then? Man, that blows.... :cry:

For those waiting on this week's coupons, if you look at some earlier posts in this thread you will find that coupons for '$20 off on FF' deal were not posted immediately. That deal was active for about two days before the coupons were actually posted due to what BB was calling a 'system error'.
So, don't hold your breath. It may be a while before we actually see them.

[quote name='token2k6']wtf? and they better not be a number from something I think it is..[/QUOTE]

i feel embarassed that he came out screaming he is a full of angst 8 year old more so then actually reading (and knowing) where that comes from.

Anyway, damnit, all i want is GT PSP for my x-mas weekend trip to my parents

bread's done
Back