Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And Jodou, I have no doubt they'll probably put the price back down to $20 before it expires. If that happens, I may pounce for the remaining copies at my local stores(and hopefully nab a Collector's Edition for free).[/QUOTE]
I can see it happening as early as next week, so I spit out a few coupons just in case.

[quote name='ballbarfer']oh frack, you jackass hoarders have caused them to remove the LETS TAP $20 coupon and replaced it with only a $10 one so now no more free games, go back to slickdeals or fatwallet please for the love of games![/QUOTE]

Um no. It wasn't the hoarders that made them change the coupon. It was the fact that BB realized they would be giving away free games.

BTW - did you actually want to pick up a copy of FTF to play? If so you are among a great minority here. Almost everyone here was picking up copies to flip for decent games. VERY few people got sc((&*(ed out of playing the game because no one wants to play it in the first place.

And even if you weren't getting the game to hoard, but to play, you were still intentionally ripping BB off. The coupon only worked because of a glitch. For half the day FTF was not being marked as on sale. Once it was in the system properly, the coupon no longer worked because it was not supposed to be valid on sale items (as explicitly stated in the coupon).

THE POINT BEING - quit whining about hoarders. They didn't cause the coupons to change. And its not like they were hoarding decent games that people (outside of a small minority) actualy wanted to play. Even if you did get screwed out of getting free games, you would have been taking advantage of a known glitch that makes you just as bad as the hoarders.

anyone also know what lamestop is getting for it? I have 2 extras and wonder if it would be beneifical if I went at it with my $10 and $20 extra credit

[quote name='ballbarfer']oh frack, you jackass hoarders have caused them to remove the LETS TAP $20 coupon and replaced it with only a $10 one so now no more free games, go back to slickdeals or fatwallet please for the love of games![/QUOTE]

LOL...I'd still give that coupon a try. You never know - they may have modified the language but it's possible they incorrectly re-programed the coupon into the system. It might just take $20 off still when it gets scanned.

Doesn't hurt to try!

everyone who complains about people hoarding are just dumb....be happy best buy has not decided to discontinue these coupons. boohoo i cant get a free game...im unemployed, the economy is too hard, i need cigarettes....10 bucks for a game is still stupid cheap...be happy you can get anything off it at all.

[quote name='gameboy280']everyone who complains about people hoarding are just dumb....be happy best buy has not decided to discontinue these coupons. boohoo i cant get a free game...im unemployed, the economy is too hard, i need cigarettes....10 bucks for a game is still stupid cheap...be happy you can get anything off it at all.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Indeed...anyone complaining they missed out on a free copy of FairyTale Fights, wake the hell up! If anything you should be thanking these "hoarders" you are blaming, for saving you from a truly awful experience. And Let's Tap? Come the fuck on, how many on here would even bother picking that game up if it wasn't free? It will be $10 with the coupon, so if you really want it, I'm sure that can be justified as a "good deal". It sounds interesting enough, but there are just so many other games that most people would find a higher priority/better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_Tap

Sometimes it boggles the mind - just because awful, mediocre, and even questionable games are dirt cheap, doesn't mean they are a good value or worth paying anything for!

For those having difficulties getting the coupons:

2qbykpj.jpg

24onblj.jpg

[quote name='Josef']OK, so now the current deals after coupon are:

Terminator Salvation (360) - $9.99
Let's Tap (Wii) - $9.99
MadWorld (Wii) - $9.99
Rolling Stone: Drum King (Wii) - $5.99
Gran Turismo (PSP) - $19.99
High School Musical 3 (360) - $9.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness - $9.99
Red Faction Guerilla (360) - $19.99
Saint's Row 2 (PS3) - $4.99[/QUOTE]

thanks for this! this thread has been rough keepin up w the latest info sometimes...

and yeh i went to 3 bestbuys throughout yesterday as i passed them by doing some holiday shoppin and 0 fairytale fights in stock... i would of got out earlier if the roads werent covered by an avalanche of snow.. i should of broke out the dogs and slay

I'm going to head out to pick up Red Faction in a little while. If there's any Saints Row 2 left, I guess I'll pick one up and try it out too. Too bad about Let's Tap. My Wii collection is looking a little slim so I wanted to pick that up to add some weight to it.

I just ran by BB and picked up SR2 and Red Faction PS3. When the rep scanned the coupon, it discounted Red Faction but did not on SR2. I showed her that both were on the coupon, and so it should apply to both. She told me that $24.99 was probably a sale price, but I had her check and sure enough, it was not :D After conferring with her manager a bit, they did a manual override to bring SR2 down to $5.

The look on her face seeing the total go from $70-ish to $28 was entertaining :) The manager seemed somewhat alarmed at this SR2 price after coupon, but agreed that it was in fact a valid price.

edit: not sure if SR2 was the only item on the transaction whether the coupon would work as intended or still require a manual override. I'm sure someone will let us know shortly.

[quote name='ballbarfer']oh frack, you jackass hoarders have caused them to remove the lets tap $20 coupon and replaced it with only a $10 one so now no more free games, go back to slickdeals or fatwallet please for the love of games![/quote]

this is why we can't have nice things!

[quote name='drktrpr1']Any TIVs for Red Faction PS3?[/QUOTE]

Not enough to justify buying it for $20 to try and flip. It's a great game though and well worth the $20 to play. Now Fairytale Fights on the other hand, that game is shit(as evidenced by it dropping to $40 less than 2 months from it's release)and only worth the still high price of $0 I paid for it yesterday.:lol:

[quote name='karkyco']:applause: Indeed...anyone complaining they missed out on a free copy of FairyTale Fights, wake the hell up! If anything you should be thanking these "hoarders" you are blaming, for saving you from a truly awful experience. And Let's Tap? Come the fuck on, how many on here would even bother picking that game up if it wasn't free? It will be $10 with the coupon, so if you really want it, I'm sure that can be justified as a "good deal". It sounds interesting enough, but there are just so many other games that most people would find a higher priority/better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_Tap

Sometimes it boggles the mind - just because awful, mediocre, and even questionable games are dirt cheap, doesn't mean they are a good value or worth paying anything for![/QUOTE]

People are whiny little bitches. All anyone on this site does is bitch and moan when they can't flip. The site should be called cheapassflipper.com I mean does anyone actually buy games to play for themselves anymore? It's getting out of hand.

I just called Hollywood Video and the manager who I usually talk to was the one working. He said that you can trade 'up to 3 per system, for a total of SIX copies' as far as duplicates go. Current TIV there is STILL $16 a copy.:D

This is probably going to be YMMV, as usual, but I figured I'd let those wanting to know if places will take multiples of Fairytale Fights to try HWV/GC.

Also, Blockbuster should allow one per system per day, for a total of two per trip(1 360, 1 PS3), if you guys wanna use them for flipping purposes. TIV was $22, not sure if it's still the same there though.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Man, the use of saying this site isn't ______assgamer or cheapass_____ is getting annoying.[/QUOTE]

I dont even get what you are trying to say...

[quote name='jodou']fuck me i'm bored at work and was hoping for an excuse to go out for lunch. We need more raging in here. Entertain me![/quote]

rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heads up people. If you want multiple copies, take multiple coupons. I just tried to get 2 copies of Saints Row 2 (PS3, obviously) and the discount only happened on one of them.

The cashier said something weird, like the system was "splitting up" the discount between the games, even though clearly one was $4.99 and the other $24.99 on the screen. So I had her take the other one off; lo and behold, the total was $4.99.

[quote name='Shimrra']I dont even get what you are trying to say...[/QUOTE]

read the comment above my own, and then the 40 comments with people saying this isn't flippingassgamers or cheapasshoarder and you'll figure it out.

I actually went to play my fairytale fights game and it says i have to upgrade my firmware to 3.01 or later. BOO. I'm staying at 2.76 until SONY works the bugs out.

So let's tap will be $10 not free correct?

Sounds like they screwed up the limit of three down to one while making changes this morning. Not exactly shocking given their track record of incompetence.

[quote name='perdition(troy']read the comment above my own, and then the 40 comments with people saying this isn't flippingassgamers or cheapasshoarder and you'll figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough but having to hear about people bitch and whine when they don't get their flip opportunity comes up FAR more than puns such as those which is why they even exist in the first place.

I think I'm going to head over to SD to see the carnage over the non-free Let's Tap...

If anyone else is coming, bring popcorn.

So, I go to Best Buy with the coupon to pick up Red Faction and SR2. There's a ton of SR2s and they are all marked $19.99. I talk to an employee there and go, "So since there's a $20 off coupon, does that mean the SR2s are free?" She goes, "Yep, they need to honor it." Great, I thought. I picked up 2 SR2s and 1 Red Faction and headed over to the cashier.

The cashier rings up SR2 and it comes up at $24.99. I point to her that they are labeled $19.99 so she adjusts them and then scans the coupon. The coupon doesn't take $20 off SR2. She argues with me that the coupon is not valid. I ask to have a manager involved. The manager says the $20 off won't work because the game is LESS than $20. Incredulous, I ask him to ring it up again without price adjusting. Lo and behold, although they are priced at $24.99, the coupon is STILL not working on them, just on Red Faction. The manager leaves again (by now I've been in the store waiting for over 20 minutes). He then comes back and says, "Fine, we'll apply the coupon manually and sell them to you for $4.99." I go, "Whoa, wait a minute, they are priced $19.99 and its $20.00 off and you are going to charge me $4.99?" Again, he leaves me there, waiting for another 20 minutes. Finally, he comes back with a memo from corporate saying that SR2s are to be sold for $4.99, not free. I thanked him and took my games.

So folks, if this happens to you, you've been warned.

I also saw that the shelf tags at my BB for SR2 were $19.99, but I didn't want to press my luck (and waste my time) trying to get them to do a price override. I'm content with a $5 game :)

[quote name='blissskr']Lol at BB adding in black bold letters at the beginning of the coupon disclaimer- Markdowns taken from regular prices[/QUOTE]

LOL I had to go and check the coupon out again. :lol::lol: I guess they didn't like taking a pounding from people getting free games yesterday, huh?

[quote name='tinyandi']So, I go to Best Buy with the coupon to pick up Red Faction and SR2. There's a ton of SR2s and they are all marked $19.99. I talk to an employee there and go, "So since there's a $20 off coupon, does that mean the SR2s are free?" She goes, "Yep, they need to honor it." Great, I thought. I picked up 2 SR2s and 1 Red Faction and headed over to the cashier.

The cashier rings up SR2 and it comes up at $24.99. I point to her that they are labeled $19.99 so she adjusts them and then scans the coupon. The coupon doesn't take $20 off SR2. She argues with me that the coupon is not valid. I ask to have a manager involved. The manager says the $20 off won't work because the game is LESS than $20. Incredulous, I ask him to ring it up again without price adjusting. Lo and behold, although they are priced at $24.99, the coupon is STILL not working on them, just on Red Faction. The manager leaves again (by now I've been in the store waiting for over 20 minutes) when he comes back and says, "Fine, we'll apply the coupon manually and sell them to you for $4.99." I go, "Whoa, wait a minute, they are priced $19.99 and its $20.00 off and you are going to charge me $4.99?" Again, he leaves me there, waiting for another 20 minutes. Finally, he comes back with a memo from corporate saying that SR2s are to be sold for $4.99, not free. I thanked him and took my games.

So folks, if this happens to you, you've been warned.[/QUOTE]

So basically you wasted more time than you should have arguing over something you eventually gave up on? I would've been persistent and said 'well the games are marked $19.99 on the shelf, so why are they ringing up as $24.99' and not given up on that point.

Hmm, BB's website lists SR2 for $25. The stores that have it tagged at $20 may not have updated their prices or have read the memo yet. For $5 a game though, I'll still bite. In for Pokemon Dungeon too. The free games were good while they lasted. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So basically you wasted more time than you should have arguing over something you eventually gave up on? I would've been persistent and said 'well the games are marked $19.99 on the shelf, so why are they ringing up as $24.99' and not given up on that point.[/QUOTE]

There was a memo from corporate. And they brought out the memo and showed it to me. There was no fight there. The memo explicitly said, "The regular price for SR2 is $24.99 and they are to be discounted to $4.99 (not FREE)." I couldn't really fight that. But yes, I agree with you that I wasted more time than I should. *shrugs*

[quote name='polo14player']who wants to send me a copy of FF for xbox360 for a penny???[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean a penny plus the shipping costs, right? I would hope so, since I doubt anyone would just send you a copy and fork out the $2 something in shipping costs just to send out a copy.

where do you guys think the best place is to trade in 5 copies of FF. no gamecrazy's around me since they closed. and blockbuster has nothing good to buy. im thinking toysrus with 10.50 each is my best bet?

[quote name='Jodou']fuck me I'm bored at work and was hoping for an excuse to go out for lunch. We need more raging in here. ENTERTAIN ME![/QUOTE]
:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:Let's start a riot:hot::hot:

Cool, I'm going to pick up HSM3: Senior Year(Need another 360 Dance Mat for DDR) for free with my $10 BB Certificate and to try my luck getting Fairytale Fights for free with the coupon anyways (Couldn't get it yesterday since VA was hit pretty bad by the storm)

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Cool, I'm going to pick up HSM3: Senior Year(Need another 360 Dance Mat for DDR) for free with my $10 BB Certificate and to try my luck getting Fairytale Fights for free with the coupon anyways (Couldn't get it yesterday since VA was hit pretty bad by the storm)[/QUOTE]

Umm...you do know the Fairytale Fights coupon expired yesterday, right?

bread's done
Back