Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='polo14player']i always could trade u for a copy of the bigs??[/QUOTE]

First of all, I hate sports games. Second, it's more like $2.75 to ship out a game and that's before buying a single bubble mailer for $1 too usually. Third, I'm just not in the mood to ship out any games as of right now, unless it's the ones on my trade list. Lastly, I don't think you want to play this game. It's shittastic.

[quote name='sandman8288']Umm...you do know the Fairytale Fights coupon expired yesterday, right?[/QUOTE]

Aw, you're right. Any chance that the coupon still might work? (I was lucky to get the B2G$10 off coupon at Target to work, that's why I'm asking lol)

[quote name='eugaet']I think I'm going to head over to SD to see the carnage over the non-free Let's Tap...

If anyone else is coming, bring popcorn.[/QUOTE]

Went along but no carnage at SD, it was actually really lame.... Oh well its more fun here but it seems like we're starting to get along along. Thats good right?
Anyways $10 for Madworld, am I the only want that wants to give that a go?

Checked SD real quick. Pretty much the same, lots of flailing over the coupons not showing up immediately for everyone, recommendations to refresh, etc.

Still mulling the $10 Let's Tap thing. I know as soon as I buy it, Target will clearance it for less. Happens every single time.

I already have MadWorld, or else I'd bite on that deal.

[quote name='Okatha']Heads up people. If you want multiple copies, take multiple coupons. I just tried to get 2 copies of Saints Row 2 (PS3, obviously) and the discount only happened on one of them.

The cashier said something weird, like the system was "splitting up" the discount between the games, even though clearly one was $4.99 and the other $24.99 on the screen. So I had her take the other one off; lo and behold, the total was $4.99.[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to me @ the Charleston, SC Bestbuy - I grabbed 3 copies of SR2 and 1 copy of RF Guerilla and the coupon only took $20 off one of the games. Had the cashier try scanning 2 coupons - still no dice. Ended up having her do two separate transactions so I could at least get 2 copies of SR2 (1 for me, 1 for a friend) for $5 each. All the BB's in my area are out of stock for SR2, but everyone has Red Faction - will run by BB on the way home and grab that one then.

the manager overrided the system price down to 19.99 but i got 3 and he overrided each price but then it only gave me the coupon for one free. so i said screw it. he then let me buy 3 for 4.99 each with one coupon. cool dude so i threw him a free fairytale fights cuz he had 360 n i don't. peace out

Don't know if the cashier did something wrong, but when I bought 2 copies of Saints Row 2 PS3 (and nothing else), it only seemed to deduct $20 off of one of them, even though the coupon states its good for 3 titles. Luckily, when I pointed this out, the cashier was nice enough to just ring two separate transactions using the same coupon and then even gave me back the coupon.

[quote name='mkernan']Don't know if the cashier did something wrong, but when I bought 2 copies of Saints Row 2 PS3 (and nothing else), it only seemed to deduct $20 off of one of them, even though the coupon states its good for 3 titles. Luckily, when I pointed this out, the cashier was nice enough to just ring two separate transactions using the same coupon and then even gave me back the coupon.[/QUOTE]

People have already discussed this. Apparently, after the fiasco yesterday, Best Buy decided to limit the coupon to ONE copy per coupon.

[quote name='monkeystud']Anyways $10 for Madworld, am I the only want that wants to give that a go?[/QUOTE]

I was really considering it, but after watching videos of gameplay, the art style bothered me too much. The fact that EVERYTHING is the same contrast of black and while, it all runs together, characters into background, etc. Yes, the blood looks cool, but I think It would have been better if there were some grey tones thrown in there to help differentiate things. Still, $10 is hella cheap for this game, it beats all the amazon deals I saw for it, which bottomed out around $12 I think.

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Aw, you're right. Any chance that the coupon still might work? (I was lucky to get the B2G$10 off coupon at Target to work, that's why I'm asking lol)[/QUOTE]

Nope. It stopped working yesterday after they fixed it. Not gonna work for you today. Sorry.

[quote name='papashawn']The fact that EVERYTHING is the same contrast of black and while, it all runs together, characters into background, etc. Yes, the blood looks cool, but I think It would have been better if there were some grey tones thrown in there to help differentiate things.[/QUOTE]They added yellow for contrast.

[quote name='"Masaki Yamanaka"']There were times when I thought to myself, “Ahhh… I wish I could use some grey…”
I even tried it in a few tests, but it just didn’t look good. It looked like just some picture that someone had drawn without color. It had completely lost the contrast and solidity you get from two-tone images. I rethought things, and realized that I had to put all my efforts into making black and white two-tone work. For instance, even though your human eyes see the two-tone as black and white because of the contrast, we actually put desaturated yellow into the game. We would also up the contrast on the far reaches of the background instead of obscuring them. We used lots of little tricks like this.[/QUOTE]

http://platinumgames.com/2009/02/17/drawing-in-black-white/

I never had a problem differentiating what was what in the game.

[quote name='papashawn']I was really considering it, but after watching videos of gameplay, the art style bothered me too much. The fact that EVERYTHING is the same contrast of black and while, it all runs together, characters into background, etc. Yes, the blood looks cool, but I think It would have been better if there were some grey tones thrown in there to help differentiate things. Still, $10 is hella cheap for this game, it beats all the amazon deals I saw for it, which bottomed out around $12 I think.[/QUOTE]
man, c'mon lol its one of the funnest wii games IMO-and for $10 (thats what it is right) thats a steal

[quote name='Kelegacy']So companies do shady things so it's okay for consumers to do shady things too. Did your mother never teach you two wrongs don't make a right? Or, in the words of Ghandi, "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?"

Let's rationalize things any way possible to make the outcome in our benefit. That's always fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm done feeding trolls like you around here.

Picked up a copy of SR2 at the W. Pico store in Santa Monica. They easily had 15-20 copies when I was there at store open, in case anyone's wondering.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I'm done feeding trolls like you around here.[/QUOTE]Gonna go find work so you can feed your family instead?

Should have stopped feeding naysayers long ago.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I'm done feeding trolls like you around here.[/QUOTE]
But you're a troll master baiter!
[quote name='dallow']Gonna go find work so you can feed your family instead?[/QUOTE]
Oh+Snap.jpg

[quote name='mkernan']Don't know if the cashier did something wrong, but when I bought 2 copies of Saints Row 2 PS3 (and nothing else), it only seemed to deduct $20 off of one of them, even though the coupon states its good for 3 titles. Luckily, when I pointed this out, the cashier was nice enough to just ring two separate transactions using the same coupon and then even gave me back the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I had the same scenario. The cashier showed me that the screen places an 'asterisk of doom' on multiple markdowns in the same transaction. She said that was stupid because she could knew it would validate it on a separate transaction and she did. So, I got 2 copies of SR2 for $4.99 each on separate transactions.
I think a lot of people gave up on the deal when multiple discounts were not applied because there were fucking plies of the game at the registers without the casing (meaning they were meant to be purchased but were not). I actually got my game at the register because the shelves were empty.

Also, FYI, I tried to get Let's Tap on the same transaction as one of he SR2 but it would only apply one coupon altogether. So, LT was a 3rd transaction.

Still happy :)

I actually have a harder time finding Saint Row 2 than FTF. Yesterday, I went to a local BB and find tons of FTF. Today I went to look for Saint Row 2 for ps3 and I can only find 1 copy available at the store. Was going to pick up two copies, one for myself and other for a christmas gift swap party.

[quote name='hobomatt']kind of upset to see the gran turismo coupons only for the UMD version...guess i'll have to wait to put it on the pspGo[/QUOTE]

did you try? I'm going to head over after work and give it a shot and see if i can talk my way into it

Since the OP has no info and I'm not reading through a 100 pages, can I use my regular RZ card then hand them the coupon or do I need a special gamer card? I haven't registered for the Gamers Club. Will the coupon not work if I haven't? I was about to head out soon.

Picked up Red Faction and Saints Row 2. Same as with everybody else. Coupon took $20 off of Red Faction but not Saints Row 2 so the mgr had to come override it. They had probably 10 more SR2, and a few Red Factions (PS3) in Smyrna, GA. No problems overall except getting in an out of that insane parking lot! I don't think I'm leaving the house again this year except to visit my family on Christmas.

Ok

Saint Row II 4.99 Best buy
trade in at game stop 5.50

trade 4 games (ps3) and get $20

I showed them my receipt from bestbuy and confirmed I did not steal these games
they took all and gave me $40 in store credit.

it depends weather they will take it or not
but my local gamestop took it, and also EB games next door lol took it as well
got $85 in store credit with $40 (8copies) of saint row II

[quote name='Blackout']Since the OP has no info and I'm not reading through a 100 pages, can I use my regular RZ card then hand them the coupon or do I need a special gamer card? I haven't registered for the Gamers Club. Will the coupon not work if I haven't? I was about to head out soon.[/QUOTE]

There is no special GamerZone card, but you do need to be a member of the GamerZone. It's just added on to your pre-existing membership in RewardZone, the coupons won't work otherwise AFAIK

[quote name='Blackout']Since the OP has no info and I'm not reading through a 100 pages, can I use my regular RZ card then hand them the coupon or do I need a special gamer card? I haven't registered for the Gamers Club. Will the coupon not work if I haven't? I was about to head out soon.[/QUOTE]

Your normal RZ card will do or your phone # so they can look the info up if you don't have a card.

As far as the coupon not working if you don't have it, I'm not sure, though it does say 'Gamer's Club' on it as well as Reward Zone, so they might require it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is no special GamerZone card, but you do need to be a member of the GamerZone. It's just added on to your pre-existing membership in RewardZone, the coupons won't work otherwise AFAIK[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Your normal RZ card will do or your phone # so they can look the info up if you don't have a card.

As far as the coupon not working if you don't have it, I'm not sure, though it does say 'Gamer's Club' on it as well as Reward Zone, so they might require it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses. I still had my card but thought I had forgotten my password. I remembered it though and now I'm on the Gamers Club page so my card should work right?

[quote name='Kstyle']Ok

Saint Row II 4.99 Best buy
trade in at game stop 5.50

trade 4 games (ps3) and get $20

I showed them my receipt from bestbuy and confirmed I did not steal these games
they took all and gave me $40 in store credit.

it depends weather they will take it or not
but my local gamestop took it, and also EB games next door lol took it as well
got $85 in store credit with $40 (8copies) of saint row II[/QUOTE]
You end up paying more in the long run, so it's a waste of money in most cases. I.e. Amazon generally has games for $10-15 off what GS lists them for so you're using up that 'extra' credit on savings you would have normally got elsewhere. This isn't true in all cases, but you'd be hard pressed to find a deal where this truly works to your advantage. If Amazon still had that $30 trade promo, totally different story.

[quote name='tattoojeep']STFU.... you don't know what your talking a bout.[/QUOTE]

I am sure its been said, but what do you know $10 coupon. I dont know what I am talking about?

Your obviously new to this.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

And Jodou, I have no doubt they'll probably put the price back down to $20 before it expires. If that happens, I may pounce for the remaining copies at my local stores(and hopefully nab a Collector's Edition for free).[/QUOTE]

So I just got back from my lunch hour. It was $19.99 and i brought up 3. I dont need to explain this but picking up one for the cousin and one as a potential gift or trade fodder. They had close to 50 of them on the top shelf.

go to pick up my online order of MP trilogy and some other items. While I am waiting ask at the CS desk if I can check out there. So he rings them up, scans my card and asks me for 60. They are marked $19.99. I show him the coupon he scans it and says it only took off 1, total is 45.xx.

I ask about it and he says its a sale price and no go. I tell him the coupon says 3 and he says he has no idea why the computer took one off, but he cant do more. I ask why its 19.99 and not 24.95 as it should be. He says he doesnt have to answer that.

I then ask him to remove the other two.. he looks at me and then does it. I can tell hes pissed. I walked out paying nothing for the 1 copy. I know that it would have worked at the other registers, but I have one to play and thats good enough for me. I would have paid $15 for 3 or $10 for 2, but oh well.

Oh and Jodou:

I didnt realize this was discussed to death at my time of posting. I just got back!

maybe multiple posts of this will generate some rage in here as well... or are you out of coffee now!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']Thanks for the responses. I still had my card but thought I had forgotten my password. I remembered it though and now I'm on the Gamers Club page so my card should work right?[/QUOTE]
Should work now yeah.

I don't even carry that dumb card around, just give them my phone number at checkout.

[quote name='dallow']Should work now yeah.

I don't even carry that dumb card around, just give them my phone number at checkout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The damn thing is crammed into my wallet so I always have it on me, even though I never use it. :)

Woot! Scored 2 copies of SR2 (one for me and one for my brother). The cashier (who was pretty fucking hot) had no problem ringing up each title as a separate transaction. Even if they're not free, at $5 each I'm not complaining.

Speaking of RAGE....lol
I just got back from my BB with 3 copies of SR2. Same situation as everyone else, the coupon only works for ONE game so she had to do 3 transactions with the same coupon.

The RAGE part was this checker lady was in a BAAAAAD mood. lol She was pissed from the moment I got there, then when I handed her a coupon I could see steam coming out of her ears. THEN when it only took $20 off one, and I said "That's not right", daggers flew out of her eyes at me. She logs out of her Register and goes storming back to the area behind Customer Service. About 5 minutes later she comes storming back and say's "I'm gonna have to ring you up 3 times is that alright?". I'm like yep, works for me. Now the rage has intensified, I thought her caked on makeup was going to start melting and dripping onto the keyboard. At the end, I said Merry Christmas and she said the same though I knew it meant screw you @$$hole!! lol

[quote name='token2k6']wait so it is $19.99 in the system but for just one? or ya'll still paying $5?? I'm so confused.[/QUOTE]

The game's marked $20, but I think BB raised the price to $25 in their systems to keep it from being totally free. When you go to check out you'll likely be paying $25 - $20 = $5.

[quote name='streetlegalboi']soo seems bestbuy change the coupon for lets tap for 10bucks soo no free games[/QUOTE]
Your powers of perception amaze.

Picked up two SR2 at the Best Buy in Oxford Valley, PA. Same issues as everyone else. They still have maybe 20 copies left if anyone is in the area.

Don't PM me asking me to pick up one for you. Normally I would be all about helping fellow CAG'ers, but I would not go back out in that Christmas Shopping feed frenzy if they were paying me 5 bucks to take the games. It is a MADHOUSE! :D

Not too many issues at Porter Ranch, CA BB-- although it seems the coupons are mutually exclusive entirely now-- to get Let's Tap and Saint's Row (cause, c'mon, you can't play one of them without the other!) I had to do 2 transactions. Cashier wasn't thrilled with me but the line wasn't too long so he went along with it. He tried to just tweak the order of scanning before going the 2-transaction route; so it seems like BB just really locked all the coupons down this time.

That said, I'm pretty happy to get Let's Tap for $10; free would've been better but it's a game I've wanted so $10 is a good price. :)

Had my 3 copies today, went to check out, and one scan of the coupon only discounted one copy to $5. The young cashier was a little less than helpful, and offered no explanation or possible solution. I pointed out to her that the coupon was good for up to 3 copies/system, and that it only deducted one; I even suggested that she might need to scan it 2 more times, but she still stonewalled me with a blank stare. So i had her remove 2 copies and got my 1 for $5.

[quote name='PikaPichu']The game's marked $20, but I think BB raised the price to $25 in their systems to keep it from being totally free. When you go to check out you'll likely be paying $25 - $20 = $5.[/QUOTE]

Not for me, but I think thats the deal on most everyone else. I got it for $0.

Let me get this straight, how many times can you use one individual coupon to get how many PS3 SR2?
How much paid in total?

Best Buy really shot themselves in the foot by limiting the coupon to one per transaction. Now they're actually losing sales lol.

bread's done
Back