Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']I'm all for screwing gs but when people here hoard they are screwing other cags out of deals like BBs $10 sale. That was pathetic.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother with the $10 sale or the recent B2G1 sale where the most expensive games were coming up free or even the prior glitches where X-Blades, Warhammer Online and I think a couple of others were free.

So I was due to exploit one of the next ones to happen and I chose this one. Lucky me, since this game at least has some value left at places to trade in, unlike Let's Tap and Saint's Row 2.

But I did leave behind a ton of 360 copies and at least 1-2 PS3 copies at my closest BB store.

[quote name='Shady3011']Why the fuck are we still talking about a dead deal? I swear sometimes the mods let dumb shit play out.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the mods "let dumb shit play out" because they are a little brighter than random posters. The deals in this thread are good until Jan.3.

[quote name='dino88']Maybe the mods "let dumb shit play out" because they are a little brighter than random posters. The deals in this thread are good until Jan.3.[/QUOTE]

That's not what I meant. Most of the discussion is still about Fairytale Fights which is dead. It's not even about the deal itself either devolving into moral debates. It's like the Target thread.

Picked up SR2 and Madworld for $15 total, pretty nice.
And just like other posters have said, BB had to manually override the different coupons to apply them both on the same transaction.

[quote name='drktrpr1']TIV at BBV is $22/game, so he must've had a zillion copies. I'm happy to settle for $176 in store credit over two days at one store, since the limit is 2 games per platform per day per store...[/QUOTE]

I went to BBV today to flip my last copy of FF after flipping 8 there yesterday. Originally I had decided to keep 1 for myself, but after playing it decided I should flip it. Got a different person from yesterday, but he wouldn't allow the trade-in since he asked if I was responsible for the ones already on the shelf and that I shouldn't have been allowed to trade in more then 2 and that I wouldn't be allowed to trade in any more. Suppose I could've argued with him, but he was either a manager or a wannabe manager so he would've just been a stick in the mud and I wasn't in the mood to argue.

So I went to GS to flip it along with a bunch of PSP games that yesterday I replaced with digital copies from the $100 in PSN money I scored from BBV from flipping FF. Got $70 in GS trade-in credit that I moved to PSN cards to replace even more UMD PSP games with PSN PSP games.

[quote name='omyard']I went to BBV today to flip my last copy of FF after flipping 8 there yesterday. [/QUOTE]

Does Blockbuster offer cash for your trades, or just store credit?

[quote name='arcane93']Missed out on Fairytale Fights because of the massive snow storm we had this weekend. :bomb:

Finally managed to dig my way out today though and went and picked up two copies of Saints Row 2 (one for me and one for my brother). For some reason the coupon only rang up on one copy. The cashier didn't know what to do, so she called over a manager. He proceeded to try to give me some story about how it only worked for one copy for this coupon, and the "Limit 3 of each title per platform per offer" on it actually meant that each customer could get up to three copies of a title out of all of the coupons that Best Buy ever issues, but could only get one on any one particular coupon offer. I told him that that made no damn sense and was not at all what the coupon said, to which he gave me some condescending reply about how he "didn't know how he could explain it any more clearly." I was nearly tempted to just take one and go to another store to get another, but decided that I wasn't letting the asshole have his way when he was clearly in the wrong. Finally he gave in and marked the second one down manually.

Why is Best Buy never able to get things right in their system?[/QUOTE]

That is exacly what happened to me today!! grabbed 2 SR2 and it only discounted one, manager would not budge so i asked to call corporate, after a little over 7 mins over the phone, RZ person told me they would give me 20 dlls in RZ certificate to make it even, so I could only buy one SR2 but got 20 on certificate which was ok with me... :)

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Does Blockbuster offer cash for your trades, or just store credit?[/QUOTE]

They only do credit which you can get on a gift card. Putting it on your member card makes the credit only good at that BBV location.

[quote name='Shady3011']They only do credit which you can get on a gift card. Putting it on your member card makes the credit only good at that BBV location.[/QUOTE]

Too bad everything there is pretty much overpriced :(

[quote name='Shady3011']Why the fuck are we still talking about a dead deal? I swear sometimes the mods let dumb shit play out.[/QUOTE]

because apparently they can read and you can't?

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Does Blockbuster offer cash for your trades, or just store credit?[/QUOTE]

Store credit only. You can transfer to a gift card and they're running a promo for every $50 gc, they give you an extra $5. So instead of just getting what I wanted I transferred everything to a BBV gift card, snagged an extra $15 in store credit, then bought what I wanted.

You might want to do some looking around before trading though. Unless you like buying used DVDs or overpriced DVDs and Blu-rays or random junk/clutter you might be out of luck. They do have PSN cards, Live and Nintendo points though along with gift cards to local restaurants and movie theater.

[quote name='omyard']Store credit only. You can transfer to a gift card and they're running a promo for every $50 gc, they give you an extra $5. So instead of just getting what I wanted I transferred everything to a BBV gift card, snagged an extra $15 in store credit, then bought what I wanted.

You might want to do some looking around before trading though. Unless you like buying used DVDs or overpriced DVDs and Blu-rays or random junk/clutter you might be out of luck. They do have PSN cards, Live and Nintendo points though along with gift cards to local restaurants and movie theater.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they sell nintendo ds light?

There was no reason to lock the "Saints Row 2 PS3 $4.99" thread. It's a GREAT deal that deserves it's own thread for those that don't read through every single thread searching for specific deals. All that had to be done was delete the sociopathic posts, no reason to lock the entire thread.

[quote name='omyard']Store credit only. You can transfer to a gift card and they're running a promo for every $50 gc, they give you an extra $5. So instead of just getting what I wanted I transferred everything to a BBV gift card, snagged an extra $15 in store credit, then bought what I wanted.

You might want to do some looking around before trading though. Unless you like buying used DVDs or overpriced DVDs and Blu-rays or random junk/clutter you might be out of luck. They do have PSN cards, Live and Nintendo points though along with gift cards to local restaurants and movie theater.[/QUOTE]

Good luck getting them to put it on a gift card anymore - most of them won't do it, especially with the $5 bonus, that was abused like no other in years past. Good luck getting blockbuster to do anything or stock anything either.. I just went to TRU.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']wait so is the sR2 deal dead?

i didnt get a chance to go to best buy yesterday...damn i would be totally upset if it is[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be. They knew it would be $4.99, so BB should leave the coupon as is...

The amount of hatred, scorn, and vitriol in this thread has got to be at an all time high for CAG. Of course you can expect that when people feel the need to brag about how they played the system as if they need everyone to know how much wool they pulled over BB's eyes.

[quote name='joker______']is anyone having trouble printing the coupon? ive tried at 3 different comps & printers but nothing[/QUOTE]

I printed it yesterday afternoon and it worked OK for me. Picked up one copy of SR2 after work.

[quote name='estofan']I printed it yesterday afternoon and it worked OK for me. Picked up one copy of SR2 after work.[/QUOTE]
I also picked up SR2 yesterday and had no problem.

This will be an awesome boost to Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Multiplayer. I think they have been dead for months. See you on the streets and on mars fellow Cags :)

Just a heads up on SR2 DLC. I think most of it is crap and I don't have either pack yet, but if you get either or both you can only play with someone that has either or both... kinda flawed but wanted to throw that out there. I read the 2nd cheaper pack corporate warfare is better than the tera patrick ultor exposed pack, but best bet is to get none or psn share it here.

[quote name='dmdragon']West side here... And yeah, I feel you man. The targets here suck major ass. The best one that I have found that usually has a ton of games on clearance (Not always good though) is the target on Olentangy near the Lennox.[/QUOTE]

Hey man did you try to go to the Tuttle Best Buy on Sunday? Yes they do Polaris and Dublin Targets never have any clearance titles. I'm surprised that the Lennox one would have anything being that close to OSU.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Too bad everything there is pretty much overpriced :([/QUOTE]

Yes, but they might have a b1g1 deal after xmas like years past(hopefully). I plan on picking up District 9 on blu-ray and maybe see what games are available.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Too bad everything there is pretty much overpriced :([/QUOTE]

It's not overpriced if you're using credit from the Fairytale Fights games. :razz: I just wish my local BBV stores still sold PS3 systems, since I'd probably have grabbed one to resell on CL with the credit I have.

[quote name='Velo214']This will be an awesome boost to Saints Row 2 and Red Faction Multiplayer. I think they have been dead for months. See you on the streets and on mars fellow Cags :)

Just a heads up on SR2 DLC. I think most of it is crap and I don't have either pack yet, but if you get either or both you can only play with someone that has either or both... kinda flawed but wanted to throw that out there. I read the 2nd cheaper pack corporate warfare is better than the tera patrick ultor exposed pack, but best bet is to get none or psn share it here.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the free clothing pack for SR2 and that was about it, but I paid for and downloaded the single player packs for Red Faction since I enjoyed the main game immensely.

However, the DLC packs for Red Faction seem like they want to freeze/lock up at times with how bad the framerate seems to get at times. Normally, I don't buy DLC at all, but I had about $16 left on my account from a PSN card I bought with my last batch of cheap credit from Blockbuster(flipping Dynasty Warriors Gundam from Circuit City when they were still open).

So the price was right for me.:D

Now, if only my connection was stable enough to go online and play Red Faction, then I might've downloaded the MP packs.

I think I'm the only person who got the multiplayer dlc for RFG, the bagman pack is like 7 maps for $7 but I'v only played one map on it cuz it was dead. If anyone else has/gets it, hit me up.
I tried to win the single player dlc off the @RedFaction twitter 5xp event this weekend but they only gave away 2 NA PS3 codes compared to like 30 x360 ones. lol

I hit up another BB to grab a second copy of SR2. They actually had the CE in stock, but it won't work with the coupon. Funny thing is, the CE is $19.99, but the regular is $24.99. Heh.

S'alright though, they actually had a few of the SFIV fightpads in stock for $19.99. I'm probably giving that as a gift so when I stomp one of my friends he can't complain that I'm using a stick.

hey im new to this reward zone thing... so can anyone tell me how the reward zone works? and should i apply for the rz credit card or just the regular rz? and if i get the rz can i just use it right when i get it and get the discounts or is there something i gotta do?

[quote name='pdnguyen1989']hey im new to this reward zone thing... so can anyone tell me how the reward zone works? and should i apply for the rz credit card or just the regular rz? and if i get the rz can i just use it right when i get it and get the discounts or is there something i gotta do?[/QUOTE]

You can sign up in the store or at home on the Best Buy site for the RZ and the Gamer's Club. All you need to do is go to their site(bestbuy.com) and click on Reward Zone towards the top of the page on the right, then sign up and while on that page also find the link to the Gamer's Club and sign up for that.

However, you'd need the coupon to be able to get SR 2 or any of the other games on discount this week, but I believe the coupon has already been posted for people to print up if they want it.

If not though, then you'd have to sign into the Reward Zone site and print it up(either from home or from in the store).

[quote name='Vegan']No problem getting SR2 aside from a momentary look of shock from the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Same. Got 3 this morning from the Everett, MA store (still 3 left, too) and the clerk guffawed when the discount went through. Love it when the happens.

$20 SFIV fightpads, huh? Are those wireless, or just wired pads with cool graphics and fighting game-friendly button layouts?

any chance of those fightpads being worth anything? I see a few every once in a while..and lemme guess, Chun Li would be the one to get?

[quote name='token2k6']any chance of those fightpads being worth anything? I see a few every once in a while..and lemme guess, Chun Li would be the one to get?[/QUOTE]

Why's that?

Just picked up SR2 and Red Faction as well as The Saboteur. I really have to stop reading posts on CAG. I have such a backlog of games to play.

[quote name='token2k6']any chance of those fightpads being worth anything? I see a few every once in a while..and lemme guess, Chun Li would be the one to get?[/QUOTE]

All of the reviews I've seen said they're good. Obviously using anything other than the MS 360 pad is going to be better. Come on MS, fix the damn d-pad already!

[quote name='sharpeone']Just picked up SR2 and Red Faction as well as The Saboteur. I really have to stop reading posts on CAG. I have such a backlog of games to play.[/QUOTE]

haha I was thinking the same thing. But it's certainly a nice problem to have :)

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']because apparently they can read and you can't?[/QUOTE]

I swear the users are getting dumber as the years go by.

[quote name='polo14player']i'm up to 135 xbox 360 games !!!!!!! about 20 or so wii games and about 10 ps3, 20 ds!!![/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

(Who cares?)

bread's done
Back