Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
im still a lil confused how madworlf will be free.

i understand that
-theres a 10 dollar off coupon
-the game well be on sale for like 9.99

but the coupon says its not good on SALE PRICES...????
?

and then wouldnt that mean the same goes for transformers?

[quote name='doooork']im still a lil confused how madworlf will be free.

i understand that
-theres a 10 dollar off coupon
-the game well be on sale for like 9.99

but the coupon says its not good on SALE PRICES...????
?

and then wouldnt that mean the same goes for transformers?[/QUOTE]

It's totally YMMV. The same thing was supposed to happen for the FTF coupon, but most cashiers didn't even bother to read the fine print and just scanned away. We're all hoping that this is the case again for this latest round of free games.

[quote name='david12795']So I'm guessing Transformers will be the only free game? In that case, is the coupon up?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Let's Tap, Madworld, Transformers are free.

[quote name='jd2k9']Ok I printed out the $20 off coupon.. How exactly will transformers come out free? its showing up as $40..[/QUOTE]

It's showing up as $40 because tomorrow it goes on sale for $20. You then use the coupon for $20 off and it is then FREE.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Thanks. I have some late Christmas shopping to do for my brother-in-law. Felt bad yesterday when him and my sister got me something but I didn't get them anything.[/QUOTE]

Haha, why didn't you get your sister and brother-in-law anything for Christmas? What did you think was going to happen?

oks, so the problem is theyll only take one of the coupons right? like for madworld and transformers.
theyre 2 different coupons n probly wont take both?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I'm pretty sure Let's Tap, Madworld, Transformers are free.

It's showing up as $40 because tomorrow it goes on sale for $20. You then use the coupon for $20 off and it is then FREE.[/QUOTE]

Pure speculation at this point. It worked for XBlades previously and for a few hours for Fairytale Fights, but Best Buy seems to be getting a lot more savvy about these coupons. Nobody knows whether they will work or not until tomorrow morning when someone gives it a try.

[quote name='Vegan']Haha, why didn't you get your sister and brother-in-law anything for Christmas? What did you think was going to happen?[/QUOTE]
Because he's a CAG.:lol:

I have a feeling it wont work. It saids in bold print it wont work with sale items. So the cashier would have to be an idiot.. Plus when they see they rang up free its common sense they will figure it out. I'll give it a shot for sure though since I live 2 mins away from best buy. Only bad part is it shows online they are out of transformers.. ah well. Wont hurt to try.

[quote name='Vegan']Haha, why didn't you get your sister and brother-in-law anything for Christmas? What did you think was going to happen?[/QUOTE]

I used the old "Don't get me anything for Christmas" line and since I wasn't getting them anything, I didn't expect anything in return. So now if I don't get them some sort of present, I'll feel like a jerk.

[quote name='jd2k9']I have a feeling it wont work. It saids in bold print it wont work with sale items. So the cashier would have to be an idiot.. Plus when they see they rang up free its common sense they will figure it out. I'll give it a shot for sure though since I live 2 mins away from best buy. Only bad part is it shows online they are out of transformers.. ah well. Wont hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

While giving you credit for your "CAG In Training" tag, please don't forget that we've been through this and the coupons HAVE consistently worked-- even if for a short period of time-- even with that language.

It's fully possible BB will have fixed it since the FTF fiasco a couple weeks ago, but it's also fully possible Best Buy does this to get bodies in stores and these continual "mistakes" are targeted ways to get people to come in and maybe buy some printer ink or Monster cables while they're getting their "free" games.

[quote name='jd2k9']I have a feeling it wont work. It saids in bold print it wont work with sale items. So the cashier would have to be an idiot.. Plus when they see they rang up free its common sense they will figure it out. I'll give it a shot for sure though since I live 2 mins away from best buy. Only bad part is it shows online they are out of transformers.. ah well. Wont hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's right. It clearly says on the coupon that it won't work on sale items.
If that works with Transformers then its price should be off from its original price which will still be $20.

Unfortunately for me, my Best Buy employees read the coupons thoroughly. So I won't even waste my time attempting tomorrow.

However, did pick up Terminator Salvation for $5 after coupon and RZ coupon.

[quote name='Justin42']While giving you credit for your "CAG In Training" tag, please don't forget that we've been through this and the coupons HAVE consistently worked-- even if for a short period of time-- even with that language.

It's fully possible BB will have fixed it since the FTF fiasco a couple weeks ago, but it's also fully possible Best Buy does this to get bodies in stores and these continual "mistakes" are targeted ways to get people to come in and maybe buy some printer ink or Monster cables while they're getting their "free" games.[/QUOTE]

People who think that this won't work are lost cases, if they don't even want to go in and give it a shot then it's their loss.

If they read this thread about 10 or so pages back they'd see that the FTF deal was the same. It was on sale for $20 and there were doubters then, but as I recall quite a few people claimed that they got the game so it must have worked out even though it was "on sale".

Me and my friends got a lot out of bestbuy this way. I would like some more games this way so I can trade them 4 for $20 deal or just some cash (since Transformers will be 20+extra in gamestop)

going to trade Assasin's creed, and FTF or some other BS game.
I hope they will let me buy 2 new games and get one used game for free (I know some GS does)

going to get
59.99 full pirce for Bayonetta and saboteur brandnew, if not
I'll pick up saboteur and boarderland, one free game $55

already made over $100 credit in GS with fairytale + SaintRow ect.

[quote name='Kstyle']Me and my friends got a lot out of bestbuy this way. I would like some more games this way so I can trade them 4 for $20 deal or just some cash (since Transformers will be 20+extra in gamestop)

going to trade Assasin's creed, and FTF or some other BS game.
I hope they will let me buy 2 new games and get one used game for free (I know some GS does)

going to get
59.99 full pirce for Bayonetta and saboteur brandnew, if not
I'll pick up saboteur and boarderland, one free game $55

already made over $100 credit in GS with fairytale + SaintRow ect.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, I'd rent Bayonetta if you can. A friend has an early copy, and he said he beat the game in under 9 hours. If you can put in that much time in a week, I'd just get it from Blockbuster for around $8 (especially if you have a ton of credit from the FTF deal, lol)

[quote name='Justin42']While giving you credit for your "CAG In Training" tag, please don't forget that we've been through this and the coupons HAVE consistently worked-- even if for a short period of time-- even with that language.

It's fully possible BB will have fixed it since the FTF fiasco a couple weeks ago, but it's also fully possible Best Buy does this to get bodies in stores and these continual "mistakes" are targeted ways to get people to come in and maybe buy some printer ink or Monster cables while they're getting their "free" games.[/QUOTE]

The FTF error was caught and corrected. The also caught the error on Let's Tap (it was originally going to be a $20 coupon but was later changed to $10 for a $20 game) This is different from when X Blade and warhammer error were not caught. The reward zone program is run separately and probably have no idea on price make down. There is enough traffic in the store at this time of the year, and they proably dont expect "devil customer" to buy anything else. It is possible the games could be free but the bold print suggested they might fixed it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saetia']Wish more people listed their locations on here, so I'd know how much competition I'd have on grabbing these.[/QUOTE]
People usually don't post locations because it allows lurkers (and hoarders) to know of specific stores that have certain deals/clearance and would rather allow fellow CAGs to grab the games instead of lurkers or those with intent to resell for a profit.

Thats why anyone with a common sense should buy at least something so the cashier won't see that you got a game for $0.00

[quote name='DarkZion']People usually don't post locations because it allows lurkers (and hoarders) to know of specific stores that have certain deals/clearance and would rather allow fellow CAGs to grab the games instead of lurkers or those with intent to resell for a profit.[/QUOTE]

I know there are a couple other CAG or SDers in my town. Hard to tell, they might even be lurkers. Fortunately I live in a college town. 90% of the college kids are gone, others won't get up before noon on a Sunday.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Thats why anyone with a common sense should buy at least something so the cashier won't see that you got a game for $0.00[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. I have had several cashiers that let me do a couple 0.00 one after the other. They are so miserable that early and this time of year if you are just nice to them it will go a long way

debating on whether I should try or not...I seem to never get lucky.

Last time for Fariy Tale Fights the cashier was like hmmm, how is this not working. She than decided to call over her manager and says, "This should be working, for others who have been coming by I have just been doing manual override."

Well, fuck, why couldn't you give me a manual override.

None of these miraculous flip deals ever work for me.

Well Transformers ROTF shows up as $19.99 online. The coupon is not redeemable through online store so I might have to actually go to the store.
I'll at least try later today.

But I gotta admit, I never had lucking doing these kind of deal including picking up good deals from clearance.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']debating on whether I should try or not...I seem to never get lucky.

Last time for Fariy Tale Fights the cashier was like hmmm, how is this not working. She than decided to call over her manager and says, "This should be working, for others who have been coming by I have just been doing manual override."

Well, fuck, why couldn't you give me a manual override.

None of these miraculous flip deals ever work for me.[/QUOTE]

so what happened did the manager refuse the coupon?

Weak some tool bought all the Transformers in 5 different BBs today. The store closest to me had like 12 of them. WTF. Not even worth checking now. I'm sure they'll be trying to return/rebuy or something.

Whats the deal with lets tap? Are they trying to give it away? Last week they changed the coupon from $20 off to $10 off, now they lowered it down to $10? Seems like someone really wants it out of the store.... If only we could use the coupon....hmmm.
Good luck Cags I'll be reading for your success stories and I'll hopefully post mine too!

Got my $5 copy of Saint's Row 2 on PS3. Went to 3 Best Buys near me north of Boston. Finally found a few copy in Saugus at the ghetto Square One Mall.

What everyone needs to remember is that the coupon now longer worked on 3 copies of the game. It didn't work on 3 copies of Saints row and i doubt it will work on 3 copies of Transformers. Also, you cannot use 2 different coupons in one transaction. I tried this with the SR2 and Madworld Coupons. It wouldn't work. I had to do 2 seperate transactions. So unless you're going to be going in and out and/or doing 3-5 seperate transations with one single cashier this is going to be a big pain if you are trying for multiple copies.

I hope i'm wrong but we'll see.

Let us know what y'all find out. No matter how it goes down, it'll be good information to have as I've got another 4 hours until game time.

If I have success, then I'll put up a message about 11AM ET after I get down to Canton. :)

EDIT: if I don't have success I'll post immediately.

[quote name='nekromantix']Bleh, they were in stock at 3 pm. Now my store's showing up as unavailable for pickup.[/QUOTE]

It's the same thing here. Went to bed around 1 AM and they were in stock. Now they are out of stock at my BB, according to the site :(

Both MadWorld and Transformers are showing as available still at the 4 stores I plan to hit.

I hope they don't mark them as OOS to try to stop us. :(

just drove by, confirmed 10-6pm on the 27th. Remember, the website might not reflect Holiday hours as it wasn't the case last weekend when 4 I noted said 10am, but they were all open at 8am.

I hope the 3G is running smooth on the wife's G1 so I can read up. And if it's like last sunday, the flaming won't start until about 2pm so this won't explode like 20 pages :)

I don't see how everyone's excited over Transformers as you're probably going to get shot down. The game is on sale for $20, and the ad states the regular price is $40, so the coupon is worthless unless you get some idiot at the register.

bread's done
Back