Poorleno

CAGiversary!
These are the specs.

Dell Studio 15
Intel Core i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz
320 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHZ
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, 1GB

I just bought a custom Sony Vaio EB series laptop. I won't receive it until about Dec. 10th, but with my student discount, I got these specs for $790 (before tax).

Intel® Core™ i5-460M processor (2.53GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 2.80GHz
4 GB DDR3 ram
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 GPU (1GB VRAM)
320 GB 5400 rpm

Your processor and HDD are great, but the ATI GPU might limit your performance a bit.

Hmm well, I have been looking at the dell outlet due to me only having around 900$ to spend. So I have not clue on what to do.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']WTF !?!?! why in the fuck does a core i7 only have 1.6 GHz ?

idk but that just seems weird to me lol but I am not a computer know it all.[/QUOTE]

Cause it's a laptop? Laptop's usually have low clock speeds for the sake of battery life. Some laptops do have boosts for their clock speeds whenever they need to perform more intense tasks. I'm not a computer know it all either, so I could be completely wrong here.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Cause it's a laptop? Laptop's usually have low clock speeds for the sake of battery life. Some laptops do have boosts for their clock speeds whenever they need to perform more intense tasks. I'm not a computer know it all either, so I could be completely wrong here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is why, looking at a core i5 now that turbo boosts up to 2.93 now.

Is there a website that shows what graphics cards can play which game by any chance ? Not sure if the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, are decent in laptops.

bread's done
Back