Decent PC Speaker System

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the only PC-specific speakers that I will accept or recommend are the Klipsch Promedia series, like this here 2.1 set.

Logitech is a keyboard and mouse company that got into the speaker business to expand their product line. Klipsch is a renowned audio company that's been making nothing but speakers for over 60 years. I think that speaks for itself.

I used to own the Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speakers and they were awesome! My wife and I saw them at Best Buy one day about seven years ago and wonderd why anybody would pay so much for computer speakers. Well, after we heard them, they ended up in our cart.
About two years ago I had the opportunity to buy a set of Logitech Z-5500s for about $200 (they sold for much more at the time). I sold the Klipsch. Logitech may be a keyboard and mouse company, but they sell a hell of a good line of speakers as well. A friend of mine bought a set of Logitch 2.1 speakers, I don't recall the model, and they had incredible response for a sub-$40 set.
Dell has the z5300e speakers on sale for $126.65 free ship if you get your order to $129 http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0414419 a bit over what you were looking for OP but a good price.

bread's done
Back