Deciding what to do with my 360

SorAuron

CAG Veteran
I actually got my hands on a 360 at launch, although I had to settle for a Core System. I was the 8th person in line and I got the last system at Rhino Games in Albany, GA. You know what really pisssses me off though??? Rhino had 20% off all Xbox 360 accesories just for today, but no freakin hard drive. No one has the hard drives. Hard Drives on Ebay are bringing about 300 bux. It sucks but people not only horded systems, they horded accessories. Rhino also had a deal on games, 59.99 ones were 51.99. I got Perfect Dark Zero Collectors edition. As bad as I want to break in and play it, Im kinda mad at Microsoft for doing us over good, and also I would feel stupid If I didnt try to sell it on Ebay for these massive amounts of money. I have a 360 core, extra wireless controller, blue faceplate, memory card, HD AV cables, Perfect Dark Zero Collectors Edition...........What should I do fellow CAGS???? I mean I would be Happy if I sold it and just got Battlefield Special Forces, but whereever I went, that was sold out tooo......To sell or not to sell....that is the question.....:whistle2:?

As much as I hate to say this, and sort of throw away my fellow CAGs in need of this system, I'd say go and sell it on Ebay and make yourself some quick bucks. It's (and I hate to say this) what I'd do had I got my hands on one at these systems. I'm mean look at the massive prices their going for. You'd have to be more stupid than the idiots willing to pay such crazey amounts of money.. The money is just too good, and if ignorant people are willing to pay these outrageous exorbitant prices, then go for it. There'll be more of the system out later, and most CAG's (being smart) will probably just wait for a price drop anyhow.

Hard Drives on Ebay are bringing about 300 bux. It sucks but people not only horded systems, they horded accessories.

No one hoarded anything. Rhino didn't get any hard drives in. EB and GameCrazy here both got one, and it was because someone special ordered it.

I don't understand this. You guys all want to make a quick buck, but you fail to realize that millions of others do too, and they're also putting the 360 system on ebay and flooding the market. Flooding the market = price drops quickly. If you want to get rid of it, sell it on here.

Hell, i'll trade you BF: Special Forces for the bundle if that's what you want.

i'm stuck w/ a core myself...

& got perfect dark zero.. I opened up perfect dark and the metal tins looks sweet...

no point to open the core unless I a have harddrive... and I sure ain't buying no memory card...

I'm goin to sell the core to a friend... I might be gettin a Premium tomo.. if everything goes as plan...

The reason I said there people hording hard drives is because I saw 3 go for 300 each from the same person.........and Its not that im just out to make a quick buck, id just feel dumb not to....

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']As much as I hate to say this, and sort throw away my fellow CAGs in need of this system, I'd say go and sell. It's (and I hate to say this) what I'd do had I got my hands on one at these massive prices. The money is just too good, and if ignorant people are willing to pay these outrageous exorbitant prices, then go for it. There'll be more of the system out later, and most CAG's (being smart) will probably just wait for a price drop anyhow.[/QUOTE]

Agree

If your not happy with watchu got, sell it... never settle for 2nd best..

These system ain't goin to be in short supply 4-ever...

Another thing is, I can only imagine what these things will bring if there is not another shipment until after Christmas. My belief????? Just like the PS2, Employees of the BIG CORPORATIONS HORDE these systems and sell them for the company on ebay creating a false shortage :) Could you imagine the outrage if people found this out?????

Today in the news microsoft headquarters was set ablaze.....Bill Gates Still MIA.:bomb:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']As much as I hate to say this, and sort throw away my fellow CAGs in need of this system, I'd say go and sell. It's (and I hate to say this) what I'd do had I got my hands on one at these massive prices. The money is just too good, and if ignorant people are willing to pay these outrageous exorbitant prices, then go for it. There'll be more of the system out later, and most CAG's (being smart) will probably just wait for a price drop anyhow.[/QUOTE]

I choose to resell mine. I was 2nd to preorder at gamerush and when I saw how much they were going for on ebay, I couldn't resist. I'll just pick one up later when the stores get more in.

In the mean time, I get to stare at my kameo and pd0 games that are on my bookshelf.

selll it, premiums going for over 1k most the time, it hurts me that no one wanted to go camp with me. there is no way that i could keep it, the extra money is soooo much better than having it a month sooner, there isnt anything super special about it thats gonna dissapear anytime soon, and im sure you have other stuff that can keep you occupied.

[quote name='Dufus']I choose to resell mine. I was 2nd to preorder at gamerush and when I saw how much they were going for on ebay, I couldn't resist. I'll just pick one up later when the stores get more in.

In the mean time, I get to stare at my kameo and pd0 games that are on my bookshelf.[/QUOTE]

This is what I chose to do with my current Xbox. My friend camped out with me and got his hands on Premium console also, so we're just playing his in the mean time, I can wait for a Xbox of my own.

I have been wanting a 360 and was undecided about getting one, and was walking by Rhino while waiting to get my oil changed and decided to step into line at 9:30 this morning to be the last person to get one. The front 3 got there at 2 AM in freezing weather, and the next guy came straight from the club at 5 AM, the rest came at about 8. I was lucky.

If you're greedy: Sell at a profit on eBay
If you don't want it: Sell it for cost + S/h
If you've been looking forward to it: open the bad boy up and enjoy the holiday of gaming.

a lot of places still haven't their first shipment of hard drive. I know at the TRU I am at, we haven't got ours in yet, hopefully expecting them this week.

heck, the morning of launch at like 7-8am, we got a delivery of those Plug and Charge Kits, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stores that didn't get them are getting them in this week.

WTF! Why are hard drives going for soo much. My best buy store has had a lot for the past couple days. Are people so lazy that they cant go check their nearest stores!?

Just hope you don't die and go to heaven within the next few weeks. All the people who died and kept it will have these crazy stories and then you'll really feel left out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WTF! Why are hard drives going for soo much. My best buy store has had a lot for the past couple days. Are people so lazy that they cant go check their nearest stores!?[/QUOTE]

My nearest best buy is over 2 hours away.....Got a life other than driving 2 hours for a hard drive. If it comes down to it when I go Christmas shopping, which will be 2 hours away, ill go get one. I went to circuit city, rhino, eb games, gamestop, 2 walmarts, and countless other stores within reasonable distance, and no go. BLAH Oh and i went to target...

Sell it, and put the money you make back into the next avaliable shipment. And if you decide to sell it, do it now. The supply on Ebay had wend down since yesterday (drop from 22000 to 17000). And the price will not be as high as time goes on. You might not get as much as before, but you can still make a decent buck out of it.

bread's done
Back