Deep Discount and DVD Planet "buy one get one free" on select Blu-rays Labor Day sale

You can get the first two seasons of Breaking Bad on Blu ray for ~$25 or add the third season for ~$36. That's not bad and better than the price on last year's sale.

[quote name='4tygames']You can get the first two seasons of Breaking Bad on Blu ray for ~$25 or add the third season for ~$36. That's not bad and better than the price on last year's sale.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's great for me. I was just considering buying the DVD's at Best Buy for like $49 (plus a $10 gc). Think I'll just bite on the first two seasons from here and worry about the 3rd down the road.

Word of warning: The last Labor day B1G1 sale they had, lots of orders didn't get shipped out until November and December. Never ordering from them again.

[quote name='swick']Word of warning: The last Labor day B1G1 sale they had, lots of orders didn't get shipped out until November and December. Never ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]
I still get worked into a frothy rage over that. AT LEAST THOSE PRICES WERE GOOD. :lol:

Yeah, you guys may think I'm just being negative when I say this, but you'll order these this weekend and get them Labor Day 2012. They're that slow.

I've successfully (and happily) ordered things from DeepDiscount in the past, but things I have heard recently tell me that I would not risk ordering from them anymore.

my last order with DD came pretty quickly. Ive been spending a lot lately and I don't "need" Breaking Bad right away, but if I do indeed order it, I'll let everyone know how quickly (or slowly) it ships

Ugh, I've been blowing too much money lately, but Breaking Bad BD for $12.50 a season for the first 2 is so very tempting. :wall:

Good deal on the Twilight Zone sets; unfortunately I only need season 5 to finish out my collection.

Actually...it's currently on sale at Amazon at slightly above the historic lows for the past sets. I guess I'll buy it now and be done with it.

Still, even w/ Amazon's current prices, DDD would be the better deal if you need multiple seasons.

$15 3D BDs could be a deal.

Breaking Bad blu 1-3, plus Justified season 1 blu for 60.00 shipped - I can wait a few weeks for them if thats the case - pretty snazzy deal, and I have The Wire boxset from Amazon I gotta get through - not to mention the blurays from Blockbusters 5 for 20 and their new clearance sales....

Goodness.. :)

Thanks for the link, Ill keep everyone posted for free shipping and how long it takes...

Just placed an order for The White Ribbon and Youth in Revolt, for $19.76 shipped... not too shabby! I guess I don't really care when they ship... I'm just happy with the price.

Picked up 8 blu rays including The Da Vinci Code, Snatch, Kung Fu Hustle and Jerry Mcguire for the average cost of $8.00 shipped. Says it will be delivered in 5-10 business days but even if it takes a month that's a good deal.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you have a Amazon Visa Rewards card you can get Breaking Bad Season 1 on Blu for $12.39 with the code: SEP20OFF

It works on thousands of other TV shows too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&docId=1000711891

You can get Twilight Zone seasons for around $39 each[/QUOTE]

I do and i just took advantage of this. I just got:

Louie: Season One
Breaking Bad: Season 3
Sons Of Anarchy: Season 2

Total $59.18 w/ prime shipping

Made two orders at DeepDiscount

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 COL021527 BLR : WALK HARD-DEWEY COX STORY ( $ New-Price
1 COL029525 BLR : THE ONE $ New-Price
1 LGE020346 BLR : AMERICAN PSYCHO $ 12.50 New-Price
1 SRD814174 BLR : ROUNDERS $ 11.80 In-stock
Merchandise Total: $ 24.30

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 COL022646 BLR : GROUNDHOG DAY $ New-Price
1 COL036426 BLR : SNATCH (ESSENTIALS) $ 16.95 In-stock
1 LGE021804 BLR : KING OF NEW YORK $ 16.30 New-Price
1 LGE027002 BLR : PLANET HULK $ New-Price
Merchandise Total: $ 33.25

Almost got suckered in to ordering then I remembered the shipping issues last time. Granted if you don't mind getting your movies sometime next year then go for it. Otherwise just wait until BF and get good deals that will actually be fulfilled in a timely manner.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Almost got suckered in to ordering then I remembered the shipping issues last time. Granted if you don't mind getting your movies sometime next year then go for it. Otherwise just wait until BF and get good deals that will actually be fulfilled in a timely manner.[/QUOTE]

Well, I placed an 8 blu ray order on 9/1/11 and it shipped on 9/6/11. Hell, that's quicker than my latest Amazon order of the same size. I guess it's possible they learned from past mistakes?

Update to my orders...

Placed 2 orders (BBad 1 and 2 / BBad 3 and Justified 1) - well bbad 3 and Justified 1 shipped 2 days after the order and was received yesterday - not terrible for free shipping, especially here, but oddly enough - bbad 1 and 2 hasn't shipped yet...

Interesting, DeepDiscount...

I placed two orders:

Lives of Others/Heavy Metal
Source Code/The Fall

So far they've only shipped Heavy Metal. So that's already better than the last sale! LOL

bread's done
Back