Deep Discount DVD sale coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zohar, it includes Blu-Ray movies as well. I've not seen any news, but dvdtalk.com and a few other sites usually post the codes and details. If they have it again this year, I am sure we'll hear soon.

I think you are right. It usually pops up on the radar fairly quick. If I recall correctly, we see them in June and late November. I've been on the fence on getting a blu-ray player, and a good sale could push me over.

Yeah I would imagine we'll see the next Deep Discount sale in the next few weeks. Don't worry about it zohar, I'm sure they'll be a thread about it as soon as the sale goes live, you wont miss it.

The sale also includes storage media, and during the last 2 sales I've used the coupon to buy some nice DVD shelves.

[quote name='zohar']I remember DDD sale is usually around this time of year. Anyone know for sure?

And is the sale usually only DVDs, or does it include Bluray as well?[/QUOTE]

No, it's been cancelled this year. They're promoting Wil & Grace season sets instead.

[quote name='E-Z-B']No, it's been cancelled this year. They're promoting Wil & Grace season sets instead.[/QUOTE]

If you think about it, this is a much better promotion.

Personally, I'm waiting for the "Just Jack" box set.

Cover art of the Just Jack box set:

mt_16_140.jpg

Last year it started the second week of June.

You should put together a wishlist now so you can see if any titles you want get jacked up in price for the sale.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Last year it started the second week of June.

You should put together a wishlist now so you can see if any titles you want get jacked up in price for the sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zohar']It's usually out by now. Guess they might skip it this year? Or maybe it's just uber postponed.[/QUOTE]

Someone on the Home Theater Forum said that they spoke with someone who worked for DD (I think) and that the sale was going to be in July this year. Take this info with a grain of salt.

Most retailers increase their prices prior to a sale, including Amazon. I only buy those things that end up never being cheaper than at Amazon. If you play your cards right, use cash back, and are selective with the items you buy,this is a good sale-especially considering no tax and free (albeit, slow, shipping).

Yes, they have slow shipping, but they have great deals. Each time the 20% sale has taken place their prices have beaten all other competitors. I bought loads from them each time.

The past couple of sales it really hasn't been that great. I've actually saved money, and later found better deals through Amazon, etc.

Originally the sales were July/November. Then they moved it to June in previous years. Sadly, I didn't get much the last 2 sales.

The best thing to do would be to compile a wish list on Deep Discount and/or DVD Planet of stuff you actually want. Then when the sale hits, take the discount (sometimes items will go up in price before the sale) and compare it to other stores' prices via dvdpricesearch.com

Well I'll be watching for it. You can't just blindly buy something and assume it is actually a great deal, but for recent items it can be the best price around when it happens. I've been waiting on some anime for the sale.

[quote name='minimafiaaj']im kind of a noob to this scene, are these good deals generally?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on what you're going to buy, sometimes things are cheaper on amazon and other stores other times they're cheaper on deep discount. During these sales I generally purchase anime dvds since amazon has them at practically full price and free shipping is a definite plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back