Deep Discount Universal HD-DVD Sale

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I think this is my first actual deal that I have posted.

DDD or DD as it is now known, is having a sale on Universal HD-DVDs up to 59% off. Some of them as low as $12.20. I know HD-DVD is a "dying" format but for those of us trying to be positive this is a good deal and some pretty good titles are here. Hope some people take advantage of this.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=476505&sortby=price&count=#listtop

Here is a list of 12.20 movies:

12 Monkeys [HD DVD]
2 Fast 2 Furious [HD DVD]
The 40-Year-Old Virgin [HD DVD]
American Me [HD DVD]
Apollo 13 [HD DVD]
Army of Darkness [HD DVD]
Being John Malkovich [HD DVD]
The Big Lebowski [HD DVD]
Billy Madison [HD DVD]
Born on the Fourth of July [HD DVD]
Bruce Almighty [HD DVD]
Bulletproof [HD DVD]
Carlito's Way [HD DVD]
Carlito's Way: Rise To Power [HD DVD]
Cinderella Man [HD DVD]
Dante's Peak [HD DVD]
Darkman [HD DVD]
Dawn of the Dead [HD DVD]
Daylight [HD DVD]
Doom [HD DVD]
Elizabeth [HD DVD]
End of Days [HD DVD]
Erin Brockovich [HD DVD]
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [HD DVD]
The Fast and the Furious [HD DVD]
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [HD DVD]
For Love of the Game [HD DVD]
The Frighteners [HD DVD]
The Getaway [HD DVD]
The Hulk [HD DVD]
In Good Company [HD DVD]
Inside Man [HD DVD]
The Interpreter [HD DVD]
The Last Starfighter [HD DVD]
Lost in Translation [HD DVD]
Mercury Rising [HD DVD]
Mystery Men [HD DVD]
Notting Hill [HD DVD]
The Nutty Professor [HD DVD]
Out of Sight [HD DVD]
Patch Adams [HD DVD]
Pitch Black [HD DVD]
Pride and Prejudice [HD DVD]
Ray [HD DVD]
The River [HD DVD]
The Rundown [HD DVD]
Scent of a Woman [HD DVD]
Sea of Love [HD DVD]
Seabiscuit [HD DVD]
Seed of Chucky [HD DVD]
Shaun of the Dead [HD DVD]
The Skeleton Key [HD DVD]
Spy Game [HD DVD]
The Sting [HD DVD]
The Thing [HD DVD]
Timecop [HD DVD]
Tremors [HD DVD]
U-571 [HD DVD]
Unleashed [HD DVD]
Van Helsing [HD DVD]
The War [HD DVD]
The Watcher [HD DVD]
The Wedding Date [HD DVD]
What Dreams May Come [HD DVD]

Here is a list of $18.30 movies

Accepted [HD DVD]
Alpha Dog [HD DVD]
An American Werewolf in London [HD DVD]
Balls of Fury [HD DVD]
Breach [HD DVD]
The Breakfast Club [HD DVD]
The Break-Up [HD DVD]
Brokeback Mountain [HD DVD]
Children of Men [HD DVD]
Dead Silence [HD DVD]
Evan Almighty [HD DVD]
Evening [HD DVD]
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift [HD DVD]
Fast Times at Ridgemont High [HD DVD]
Fearless [HD DVD]
The Good Shepherd [HD DVD]
Half Baked [HD DVD]
The Hitcher [HD DVD]
Hollywoodland [HD DVD]
Hot Fuzz [HD DVD]
How the Grinch Stole Christmas [HD DVD]
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry [HD DVD]
King Kong [HD DVD]
Knocked Up [HD DVD]
Miami Vice [HD DVD]
Mr. Bean's Holiday [HD DVD]
National Lampoon's Animal House [HD DVD]
The Scorpion King [HD DVD]
Slither [HD DVD]
Smokin' Aces [HD DVD]
Talk to Me [HD DVD]
Waist Deep [HD DVD]
You, Me and Dupree [HD DVD]

K_G, Casey, Shrike -- Thanks for the replies. *chest bump*

Here's hoping it all pulls through. Would like to end up with at least around 50 HD DVDs before it's all over.

You know what's sad? If they sold DVDs for this price... they obviously wouldnt have "lost" the high def. wars. The idea is to win the war, THEN jack up the price.

I'd love to get serenity and stardust for these prices

$9.98 HD-DVD's from DeepDiscount, which SHIP FREE!!

Link: http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=462364&sortby=price&count=#listtop

Aeon Flux
Top Gun
Sleepy Hollow
We Were Soldiers
Failure to Launch
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
The Manchurian Candidate
Payback
Coming to America
Four Brothers
Hustle & Flow
Mission: Impossible
Old School
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Trading Places
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Black Rain
The Italian Job
Mission: Impossible II
U2 - Rattle and Hum
The Untouchables
The Warriors
Sahara

Best part is, they SHIP FREE!!

[quote name='beltresea38']I rather pay the $2 more for those titles at amazon bc deep discount is unreliable now.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Do they take a long time to ship or something?

If that's the only issue, then I'd say it's just a case of impatience and not them being 'unreliable'.

Not everyone ships Priority Mail or Next Day, especially when they're sending out multiple packages at once(as is the case with many e-tailers). To me, as long as I get the item and it's as promised, I'm happy. Although, if I get it even quicker and for a cheap price, I'm even happier.

Ive always liked buying from DDD or DD as it is today... Ive had things from Amazon take long, and things from DD take long... part of the give and take for getting free shipping

all the dvds i want arent in stock. ugh. i ordered quite a few from amazon today though. and if you join their amazon prime program, even just the trial, free shipping is 2 day shipping and only $4 for overnight.:bouncy:

Just ordered Mission Impossibles 1 and 2, which should ship sometime within the next two weeks, but oh well. Once Mission Impossible 3 drops to the same price as these two, the trilogy will be complete!

[quote name='shrike4242']I placed an order last night for three titles, Eternal Sunshine, Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. Riddick was showing ETA of 02/28/08, other two were showing ETA of 03/04/08.

DD didn't auth my credit card, so I'm not out anything at the moment. We'll have to see what happens over the next couple of weeks, won't we?[/quote]

Right. DD doesn't charge until it ships. Chances are you will get a cancel email though.

[quote name='condensed']Right. DD doesn't charge until it ships. Chances are you will get a cancel email though.[/quote]I won't know for a week, so we'll have to see what happens.

Ordering from Amazon.com, with the three in the order I posted earlier, and the six in the other order, that's enough difference to pay for one or maybe two.

Amazon's stock isn't as much on-hand as they did a few days ago, so I think I'll wait it out with DD and see what happens.

Well, DD auth'd my credit card for $15.98, which was the purchase price of Chronicles of Riddick. I guess that's in process, at least.

Just an FYI, a lot of the same $9.99 titles are $10.99 at Tower.com. Free shipping for $25 plus.

I cancelled my order at DD and went this route since they say they're "in stock" at Tower and wouldn't ship from DD until 3/7. I also question the ability of DD to actually get the items that are backordered considering the state of HD DVD.

Anyone order from Tower before? Are they more reliable than DD?

[quote name='awp']Just an FYI, a lot of the same $9.99 titles are $10.99 at Tower.com. Free shipping for $25 plus.

I cancelled my order at DD and went this route since they say they're "in stock" at Tower and wouldn't ship from DD until 3/7. I also question the ability of DD to actually get the items that are backordered considering the state of HD DVD.

Anyone order from Tower before? Are they more reliable than DD?[/quote]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169425&highlight=tower

^^ Thanks for the thread link. Didn't realize this had started about a month ago there. Not too impressed with some of the comments about receiving standard DVDs. Hope my order goes smoothly.

bread's done
Back