DeepDiscount/DVDPlanet Holiday Sales 2014 - Meh-Day Sales

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
It has begun, but so far there's really not much to look at.

Current Sales:

Deepdiscount

Sale of stuff...meh

DVDPlanet

Nothing special at the moment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to previous year's sale items, only the anime titles are listed though for reference.

DeepDiscount BF 2013

I will be including DVDPlanet this year as well since they are DD's sister company, and the sales run concurrently usually, or one after each other, but slightly different prices on each respective site.

Just like last year, this thread will mainly be focused on the anime titles being posted in the op, but will still have information on sales of other products.

Things To Consider When Shopping @ DD

-Pay attention to stock status
-Shipping is slow on 5-10 days items, and extremely slow on backordered items
-Their customer service is suspect at best
-$25 minimum purchase for free shipping
-They ship mainly in sealed bubble/cardboard packaging for smaller packages, except with larger orders where they'll use a box

-For customers who have not visited/shopped at DD for more than 6 months, make sure you re-activate your account as the website migrated their data to a new server.  Once you have re-activated your account you will need to re-enter your information again.  Your order history prior to re-activating will also no longer exist.  I was personally worried if there was possibly a security breach, and inquired about the issue, but they assured me there was no breach, so this may have just been a pre-emptive move on their part to get rid of security flaws previously, and implementing this new system now.  They have noted they are working on migrating the old order history to the
"new" accounts, but wasn't terribly clear as if it's really being done or not.

Things To Consider When Shopping @ DD

-Pay attention to stock status
-Shipping is slow on 5-10 days items, and extremely slow on backordered items
-Their customer service is suspect at best
-$35 minimum purchase for free shipping
-They ship mainly in sealed bubble/cardboard packaging for smaller packages, except with larger orders where they'll use a box

-If you apply your Frequent Buyers reward to an order, and it drops the total below $35 before tax, you will no longer qualify for free shipping, so be aware prior to making an order

-If you apply a code to your order, and it drops the total below $35 before tax, you will no longer qualify for free shipping, so be aware prior to making an order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just updated the op with some information for both sites, but for DD customers who have not logged into their accounts for 6 months you may want to make sure to look at the op.

I'm going to subscribe to both of these threads by posting my favorite pickup from each sale last year, and also the one I'm most disappointed about not watching yet.

Favorite - Patlabor TV 1-4 + ova on blu: Getting all 5 sets on blu for $125 was a great price, and the show looks great remastered in HD. I also really like how they treated the differences between the English and Japanese cuts.

Still on the bench - Girls und Panzer blu: Like all boys, I like a girl with great tankery skills. I just can't seem to get this one loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I do not remember deep discount selling pat labor for that price? I was just at Frys and saw they had pat labor vol 3 on blu ray for 13.99 I did not pick it up though. I'm waiting for the B1G1 half off sale.

^^ I do not remember deep discount selling pat labor for that price? I was just at Frys and saw they had pat labor vol 3 on blu ray for 13.99 I did not pick it up though. I'm waiting for the B1G1 half off sale.
You're right, I looked it up in my email and it was $125. It was one of those deals where the sale ran during a coupon code. The ova dropped to $13 and the series sets were around $27-28 each

So did nothing come of this sale, at least for anime? I see there's a 15% extra today only, but apparently the anime portion are having a ten day sale, and the prices are just comparable to Rightstuf. Things were MUCH cheaper last year.

So did nothing come of this sale, at least for anime? I see there's a 15% extra today only, but apparently the anime portion are having a ten day sale, and the prices are just comparable to Rightstuf. Things were MUCH cheaper last year.
Most of the prices aren't even comparable to Rightstuf, even after the discount, so I didn't even bother mentioning it.

It's definitely been a bust so far this year. ~_~

bread's done
Back