DEEPSHARK IS A SCAM!!!

games2003

CAG Veteran
Stay far away from these SHARKS I've been scammed by online video game renters!

I'll warn whoever I can NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

Maybe to make your post take on an air of legitimacy you could explain how it was that you were scammed...? That'd be a lot more helpful than ranting...if you've got a story I'd love to hear it.

So, what exactly are you talking about? I suppose somebody did something you thought was unfair. Who are they and what was it?

only if they're deep... In the shallow waters don't worry about them, they are your friend. Embrace them with open arms.

DeepShark = GameFly wannabe. I've never used either of those services but I wonder what happens when one of the games get lost in the mail? Who takes the hit? * edit * or maybe that's what happened to Game2003?

Anyway, what did DeepShark do?

[quote name='tmbgman']Is it possible Games2003 IS Gamefly namesake Reginald P. Gamefly?[/quote]

What would DeepShark's John "the Shark" Clark (owner) have to say about that? :D

[quote name='proto879']this topic is so off-topic in so many different places...[/quote]

LOL, are you bragging about that? hehe

so, games2003, can you give us some more info as to why we should avoid these sharks? If you don't do it soon, we'll have to rename you Red Herring.

sharks.jpg

They call him jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-jabber-Jaw! The most futuristic shark you ever saw! He can walk, and talk, and LOOK, He's even BREATHIN' ! He's so sharp the things he does are UNBELIEVIN' ! Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabberjaw! He's the latest greatest shark you ever saw, When his friends get in a jam, they just call on this big ham He's Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabberjaw, Jabberjaw, He's the finniest, funniest, shark you ever saw, He's Jabber-Jabbber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabber-Jabberjaw! Jabber: I don't get no respect!! JABBERJAW!!! N-YUK N-YUK N-YUK!!

[quote name='DevilpupUSMC']Does anyone know any other good online video game rentals besides gamefly?[/quote]

I heard Deepshark is pretty good. Anyone else ever used them?

I dont work or promote any company just the facts.

Deepshark is a Fraud videogame company that needs a REDFLAG. They are so dishonest we are reporting them to the BBB and looking into every way of looking into this.

I registered for the free trial got there games back in time and they wouldnt give me a refund as site states only a difficult time!!!

There shipping takes 6-7 days, awful customer service I've ever dealt with worst off they had no propsal to fix the problem. I have quite a bit of complaints on them so bottom line is dont do business with these LOSERS.

Learn from my or others mistakes I've been lied to fooled and feel like shit that someone would do this to anyone! Only thing I have to gain is helping others not go thru the frustration I 'm going thru now!

this is the first thread in a long time that had me laughing out loud. Long live pointless threads that no one fully understands..........

Well, most of the joke in here require that someone be a minimum age, or have seen the multiple old pop culture references that are thrown out.
I mean most of the references are coming from the late 70s and early 80's...

Candy-gram.
What?
Candy-gram.
Do they even have those anymore?
Hari Crishna.
What?
Pizza Delivery.
What? I didn't order Pizza.
UPS.
Oh, ok.

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Hey TMBGman,

I am officially stalking you. I read your profile and got turned on to the music you create. You and your brother are so special and you both need special attention. Can we meet? Can we Date?
Let me know

-JDE

[quote name='DevilpupUSMC']Does anyone know any other good online video game rentals besides gamefly?[/quote]

Theres a thread that lists many game rental sites (about 12 or so), its in the Game Industry & Game News section.

[quote name='games2003']I dont work or promote any company just the facts.

Deepshark is a Fraud videogame company that needs a REDFLAG. They are so dishonest we are reporting them to the BBB and looking into every way of looking into this.

I registered for the free trial got there games back in time and they wouldnt give me a refund as site states only a difficult time!!!

There shipping takes 6-7 days, awful customer service I've ever dealt with worst off they had no propsal to fix the problem. I have quite a bit of complaints on them so bottom line is dont do business with these LOSERS.

Learn from my or others mistakes I've been lied to fooled and feel like shit that someone would do this to anyone! Only thing I have to gain is helping others not go thru the frustration I 'm going thru now![/quote]

You can help others by being more specific. I am interested in finding a video game rental site on the East Coast and DeepShark was one site I was considering. Your post is better than the first post you made, but I'd like to hear everything that happened.

Has anybody had any problems with Gamefly before? I tried their free trial and was definately pleased. Their games came about a day quicker than slow ass NetFlix and they have a decent supply of games.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Salsa shark. We're gonna need a bigger boat. Man goes into cage, cage goes into salsa, shark's in the salsa...[/quote]
:lol: I was going to post the same quote :lol:

Your avatar looks like Randal from the Clerks cartoon.

OK, on topic:

I've tried numerous game rental companies, here are my opinions:

Deepshark - they had terrible customer service. I tried to cancel my free trial and they wouldn't let me, even after I got the games back to them (which they claimed had to be back within the 10 day trial - which would be impossible for someone who lived on the West Coast since Deepshark is in CT and it would take 4-5 days just to get the first game, notwithstanding weekends or even playing the game!). I had to fight them for it and had to quote their own FAQ back at them. Their game selection is also spotty. Many were listed as available, and yet they did not ship. Choices four and six ended up getting shipped, and all the while choices 1 - 3 were all listed as AVAILABLE! Bizarre. Plus it's difficult to browse games. However, if you try and cancel, they will offer you a reduce rate of $15.95 for two games out at a time. ($19.95 regular).

Gamefly - No problems, but spotty shipping. Manhunt and Prince of Persia shipped to me on the same day, yet Prnce of Persia took four days and Manhunt took six days (!!). Customer service was pretty nice, but was pretty upset when I told them I was thinking about going with Blockbuster. ;-) They allow 7 days after cancellation to return games and are very flexible. Terrible shipping times to the East coast though.

Turbogamer - Based in Detroit. Received my first and second choices in three days. Terrific service. Game selection is thinner than Gamefly, but same price ($19.99 for two games at a time). Sent games back and will report back when I see what the turn around time is like. So far, so good.

Blockbuster - Games Freedom Pass cost $19.99 plus tax for one game out at a time. The good part, you can trade it in and get what you want right away, no wait time for shipping. Downside, their selection sucks. There's hardly anything ever available except for the guaranteed in stock games (two games a week, usually new releases). But if you like new games, it's pretty decent. They also have a two game pass for $34.99 a month.

If you lose a game via the mail, they'll let the first one or two slide (just like Netflix). But after that, you'll likely get suspended until you pay for it.

Anyone want more info?

[quote name='hwong3']OK, on topic:

I've tried numerous game rental companies, here are my opinions:

Deepshark - they had terrible customer service. I tried to cancel my free trial and they wouldn't let me, even after I got the games back to them (which they claimed had to be back within the 10 day trial - which would be impossible for someone who lived on the West Coast since Deepshark is in CT and it would take 4-5 days just to get the first game, notwithstanding weekends or even playing the game!). I had to fight them for it and had to quote their own FAQ back at them. Their game selection is also spotty. Many were listed as available, and yet they did not ship. Choices four and six ended up getting shipped, and all the while choices 1 - 3 were all listed as AVAILABLE! Bizarre. Plus it's difficult to browse games. However, if you try and cancel, they will offer you a reduce rate of $15.95 for two games out at a time. ($19.95 regular).

[/quote]

Thank you for the explanation on DeepShark. I think that's what Games2003 was trying to say also. Seems like using DeepSh... will give you trouble, at least with their free trial.

bread's done
Back