Def Jam Icon (Demo on XBL Now!)

I'll miss the Aki engine, but I'm always open to change.

This is why I love the demo Idea. Between the Crackdown and now this! I cant wait for the NBA Street Demo aswell

I'm glad there is a demo for this I wanted to try it. Graphically in videos I have watched it looked amazing but game play looked like it was lacking.

Awesome news. I thought this week was supposed to be slow but with DJ:I and NBA Street scheduled for this week, it will be a fun one.

[quote name='glockant']i loved FFNY, but this game looks ehhh.

guess i'll give it a shot..[/QUOTE]

Same here.. Don't know about this fighting to the music.

[quote name='CAG 79']I cannot WAIT to see how GOOD this game is going to be. ;)[/quote]

You serious? Have you read anything about this?

Demo out tomorrow:

Electronic Arts has just announced that a downloadable demo of Def Jam: Icon for the Xbox 360 will be available on Xbox Marketplace tomorrow. The demo will feature one level, the Gas Station, and two playable characters, T.I. and Outkast's Big Boi.

Def Jam: Icon’s unique fighting gameplay controls introduce a new way for gamers to fight as they assume the role of top celebrity characters. Innovative controls give better feedback to players so they feel like they’re actually throwing the combat moves. Gamers can now fight with the style and flash of the superstar personalities.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12730/Def-Jam-Icon-Demo-Arrives-Tomorrow/

Interesting....I'll give a shot. I enjoyed the one of these Def Jam games and I usually don't like fighters much. I'm curious how this music interaction thing works.

Eeeeexcellent. Was browsing the track list for this game and it looked pretty sweet, although with custom music options (depending on how well that works) I guess the issue is moot.

I just want to know how the music part will work on online? Will the player's have to agree on the song, and what about custom soundtracks online? The obvious solution is no custom soundtracks online, unless both people can play with the same song through streaming or something

:shock: Check out the crazy in game models:

1167_0020.jpg

1167_0023.jpg

This and side by side comparisons here: http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3989_en.html

I liked the last two titles, because of the fighting engine -- and that's really the only reason. Simply put, the roster sucks ass; it is solely comprised of the scourge of the hip-hop world.

i played 4 times before work and the game just feels slow and clunky to me.
well, compared to the smooth action in FFNY.

A, B, X, and Y are punches/kicks.
you can roll by tapping the left stick twice in the direction you want to go.
you can grab and throw by hitting the right stick up.
hold L and use the sticks to control the music.

i don't know about this one. i think i'll wait until it hits the bargain bin.

[quote name='guyver2077']so how is it?[/QUOTE]

it embodies pretty much everything that's wrong with mainstream hip hop--the music sucks and the main appeal is that it has lots of flashy, tough attitude.
But really, that attitude is all superficial. it just gets old after 2 minutes because the fighting is just slow--not Fight Night 3 strategic boxing slow, but molasses "looks like they're not really fighting" slow. I don't see how anyone could enjoy it, but I guess fans of these guys will :lol:

btw, when you guys load the game up, be patient. It takes about 2 minutes to load and doesn't give you any sign that it's working. I thought my 360 froze for a second.

The best cure for this is to not load the game up, unless you want your brain to be raped...in a bad way :lol:

Being a fan of the first two Def Jam titles, I truly hated this version. I hate the entire fighting to the music. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this title if it was almost exactly like FFNY, just updated roster, graphics and story mode.

Can anyone tell me why they tossed the engine?

I was hoping to like this, but I didn't think the actually fighting mechanics could be that bad. They were. Bargain bin fo lyfe.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Can anyone tell me why they tossed the engine?[/QUOTE]

Because they are fucking retarded.

Seems like every "sports" title must have that stupid stick control system.

[quote name='guyver2077']if only midway would pick up aki for the tna game..[/QUOTE]

If only anybody would pick up a AKI engine game, hell I'd accept Fire Pro Wrestling on the XBLA.

I'll have to DL this tonight.

I didn't know Tego Calderon was a character in the game. I'll have to at least rent it now.

WOW this game is just as good as hiphop and rap is......and that says a fucking lot for this terrible game.

NO way in hell that a metal music game would ever be this fucking terrible.
metal forever.

Just played it.

It looks REALLY damn good. Which is sad, on multiple counts... one being that the gameplay pales in comparison. I wish there was more to it, like a tutorial, so I know what the fuck is going on and I can understand what some of those admittedly cool effects were.

The source material is a huge turn off, as I said earlier. I detest mainstream hip-hop, so I can't see myself really wanting to use any of the roster. (Let me say that some of the rappers on there I like... but I think I can only count them on one or two fingers.)

After watching game play videos a few weeks back I knew this would be a disappointment. It does look great. It plays so poorly though. I liked the past 2 I don't know why they changed it up so much. It's repetitive and boring.

bread's done
Back