DeLay Lands Spot on Appropriations Committee

Drocket

CAGiversary!

I swear, the Republicans can't even bring themselves to PRETEND they're not corrupt anymore. They do everything they can to protect DeLay long after its completely obvious the man is going to be going to jail for a decade or ten, then replace him with Boehner, a man who's rushing towards his own indictment at breakneck speed. Then to make it up to DeLay, they give him a position on one of the most powerful committees in Congress, in a seat previously held by a man who, when he was brought down, helped make clear DeLay's involvement in the whole Abramoff mess. More than that, they give him a position in charge of the court system that'll be throwing him in jail in a year or so.

I swear, if you'd write a movie about corrupt politicians based on what's going on now, it would be laughed out of the theater for being unrealistic.

This is not topic worthy. Especdially becuase it's just a rant on how much you hate republicans and tom delay. Why don't you change the title to "I hate republicans and especially that criminal tom delay topic". That way all your circlejerk commrades can come in and reinforce your opinion.

It's obvious he's going to jail for a decade?

Wow, I didn't realize you had such foresight into a future trial that may or may not happen and a jury that hasn't been selected, heard evidence, deliberated or come to a conclusion.

You're fucking brilliant.

Please give us some stock tips so we can short sell every single one of your predictions.

lol, these DeLay apologists are the same ones who hypocritically blasted democrats a decade ago for their own corruption.

Well, replacing Cunningham with Delay smacks of a consistency in placement that we didn't have the benefit of seeing when O'Connor was replaced with Alito.

[quote name='bmulligan']This is not topic worthy. Especdially becuase it's just a rant on how much you hate republicans and tom delay. Why don't you change the title to "I hate republicans and especially that criminal tom delay topic". That way all your circlejerk commrades can come in and reinforce your opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we should ignore the massive amount of corruption in Washington (at least when its a Republican, of course) and instead shut up and let them steal us blind like good little sheeple.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']It's obvious he's going to jail for a decade?[/quote]

Quite true - its always possible that Bush will pardon him. Assuming that doesn't happen, though - yeah, he's going to jail. And not any nice white-collar prison, either - its going to be federal 'pound me in the ass' prison.

[quote name='Drocket']
Quite true - its always possible that Bush will pardon him. Assuming that doesn't happen, though - yeah, he's going to jail. And not any nice white-collar prison, either - its going to be federal 'pound me in the ass' prison.[/QUOTE]

Well the rich and powerful often escape justice. Don't let wishful thinking obscure the reality that it takes a lot more to convict a rich and powerful person than it does you or I.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Well the rich and powerful often escape justice. Don't let wishful thinking obscure the reality that it takes a lot more to convict a rich and powerful person than it does you or I.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, to some degree this is true. One needs only look at the continual circus of celebrity trials to realize this. At most, even if guilty, DeLay will probably escape with a slap on the wrist.

[quote name='elprincipe']Sadly, to some degree this is true. One needs only look at the continual circus of celebrity trials to realize this. At most, even if guilty, DeLay will probably escape with a slap on the wrist.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if "escape justice" is the correct phrase; it's different justice, lamentably, but justice nonetheless. Punishments for white-collar crimes focus more on punishing the wealth of the criminal; on the contrary, as fewer non white-collar criminals have wealth to be taken, confinement becomes the main source of punishment.

Ivan Boesky being a major exception, I believe.

bread's done
Back