delete

Revolution

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just got back from vacation and when I turned on my PS3 it does not start up. At first the black background with the wavy lines showed up but no XMB. I held the power button to reset the video settings and now nothing displays. My controller connects but does not turn the system on or off. I have a 80gb BC model. I'll probably call Sony soon but the fee is $149 + tax. What should I do? I'm not willing to part with backwards compatibility to have a slim. So any advice?

Hold the power button again, this time until you hear 3 short beeps. (You may need to do it twice, I've had the PS3 do one beep then turn back off for the video reset. Just let go then hold it again.)

You'll come to a small menu.

You're looking for File System Check, or something like that. It'll check the file system for failures, rebuild and fix. It wont delete any data or PSN stuff.

[quote name='Logain8955']Hold the power button again, this time until you hear 3 short beeps. (You may need to do it twice, I've had the PS3 do one beep then turn back off for the video reset. Just let go then hold it again.)

You'll come to a small menu.

You're looking for File System Check, or something like that. It'll check the file system for failures, rebuild and fix. It wont delete any data or PSN stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying. I did exactly as you have suggested, but the screen remains blank.

bread's done
Back