[delete]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindinglights

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Amazon website says the code works and some people did get a $10 credit in their account but it doesn't actually seem usable. Might be a $10 credit for XBL subscription given out for buying games in December.

Back in November, I bought a bunch of stuff from Amazon that included a DVD in the purchase. From that purchase I received an email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has recently purchased a DVD or Blu-ray on Amazon.com, you have received a $4.00 credit towards eligible Amazon Video On Demand movie and TV purchases. Please copy the promotional code above and visit http://www.amazon.com/vodpromo for redemption instructions and additional information.

Amazon Video On Demand is available to customers located in and with billing addresses in the one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Taxes apply in some states.

The promotion code must be used by February 28, 2011. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Well I went to that website just a little while ago and entered the code sent in my email and it added it. The VOD balance updated properly. After that I was searching around the internet for promo codes to see if there were any others I could put in there. I saw the SONYFIVE code on a website about buying some television box set and just entered it to see what would happen. After I did that, my Software/Video Game Download Credit went from $0.00 to $10.00. I am sure it wasn't there before, and after searching through my email to check, I never received any emails about getting this kind of credit before.

So I clicked purchase on Two Worlds: Epic Edition digital download to see if it will work and the balance rings up as $0.00. However, I have a gift card on my account right now and I cannot seem to figure out if it is drawing from that or the game/software credit that the VOD website claims I have. The checkout for downloads seems to be different than the normal one where I can opt to not apply my gift card. I don't play PC games very often so I am not going to buy a game that I don't want that would just pull from my gift card so I'm not going to fool around with it any more.

Anyway, if someone else tries it and it works, let me know. Otherwise I can remove this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied the code, but none of the balances updated at all even though it said I redeemed it successfully. Maybe they caught on?

[quote name='mac101010']I applied the code, but none of the balances updated at all even though it said I redeemed it successfully.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

It's possible that the code only works for people who have purchased Blus or something similar from their account. The code doesn't give me any credit either.

And by the way, code GIVEMP3S was activated on the same day as the OP's code, and that also gives a success message but doesn't add any money to your balances ($3 in this case).

Works for me, got $10, thanks! Not sure what I can use it on since I'm on a mac and only play the 360. Wish I could get some XBLA game.

[quote name='dwb6']said it was succesful but didnt add anyhting to my account. o well[/QUOTE]

You get a little popup (can do it now if you hit enter code) and it will say how much you have where... mines says:
SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$10.00

[quote name='r3dreck']Ahh doesn't work towards a PS3 code (tried getting pac-man), was going to buy one and give it away.[/QUOTE]

Same tried to purchase final fantasy on psn but i don't even see where the $10 credit is on the account.

Yea, it says it's adding the credit to my account but it doesn't. I also tried to check out a digital copy of Two Worlds and it didn't take anything off.

Are you guys that have the $10 game download credit having the same issue as me? (It not applying to anything you try to download for PC games/DLC)

Oh damn,YEAH! lmao thats what it is!I remember,I got an email about that,I just never got a 12 month yet lmao Thanks for clearing that up lol

[quote name='attackalackey']The mystery $10 may be the credit that Amazon gave out for $10 off Xbox Live 12 month codes for anyone who made a video game purchase. I know thats why I have a $10 credit that won't work on any other video game purchases. The deal was back in November and was automatically applied to all accounts that qualified: http://www.icollectdeals.com/blog/2...-on-xbox-360-live-12-month-subscription-code/[/QUOTE]

I got that email, but it's strange that the mystery $10 credit did not show up until I entered the SONYFIVE code... :???:

Gave me an approval, but no credit. Tried to enter it again and it failed. Tried to download something, but it's not showing any credit.

Ah well. Thanks anyways!

[quote name='ExplodingRat']It's funny because the link he has in the "quote" is different from the link that it's actually linking to. Possible collection trick?[/QUOTE]

CAG automatically places their referral link on all Amazon links. That was not my doing.

Anyways, seems like it does something without getting rejected but the resultant credit is useless so I'm going to lock this thread if I can figure out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back