Dell - 1.8/2mb cache Pentium M Laptop $449

To answer your question: Yes it is spectacularly cheap. The screen is rather small. It is using 2 year old integrated graphics. And although the chip and RAM are faster with a 533Mhz FSB, it is limited by the board at 400Mhz.

I was just about to post this. Note that the wireless router is no longer free. Bait and switch much Dell?

My question to ya'll is this:

Will this run WoW at a decent speed/resolution/graphics setting?

Full system specs:

Inspiron B130 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 745 (1.80GHz/2MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
LCD Panel 14.1in WXGA Display
Memory FREE! 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimm
Video Card Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics
Hard Drive 40GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Integrated Modem and NIC Internal 56K Modem and Integrated Network Card
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Card FREE! Intel® PRO 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No productivity suite- Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription
Primary Battery 4-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (29 WHr)

Thanks in advance and take it easy everyone.

scroll down to "Other Options" - Free Netgear WGR614 Cable/DSL Wireless Router is still there as of 11:22pm Tue 6/12/06 PST

Don't forget the $35 off $300 coupon which you can get from Ebay unless you already have one.

Also, use Dell DPA to get an extra 2% off.

[quote name='BrandonOne']
Will this run WoW at a decent speed/resolution/graphics setting?
[/quote]

No. Although the RAM is suffiecent, the CPU and intergrated graphics are severly lacking. I do not think you will have a positive experiance playing WoW on this thing.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Don't forget the $35 off $300 coupon which you can get from Ebay unless you already have one.

Also, use Dell DPA to get an extra 2% off.[/quote]

How do I get the coupon? Thanks.

And thanks for answering my WoW question. Are the graphics not upgradable at all?

[quote name='BrandonOne']
And thanks for answering my WoW question. Are the graphics not upgradable at all?[/quote]

I do not think you can upgrade them on the Inspirons. I could be wrong but I am very sure that you can't.

bread's done
Back