Dell.ca - Eneloop sale

MrGone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
As part of their Days of Deals sale, Sanyo Eneloops are at $15.99 today. It's the ECH420 set, which comes with a charger, 4 AAs, and 2 AAAs. Shipping appears to be is free.

Just a heads up that the charger only charges 2 or 4 batteries and it's an overnight charger, if the specs on it are correct. Might not matter to most but some people want a charger that charges a single battery.

Shoppers drug mart has 4xAA or 4xAAA duracell Precharged batteries on sale for $8.99. These are made by Sanyo, identical to their own Enerloops.

This is a good deal. I bought the Sanyo family pack, which is similar but with the C and D adapters, for $30 at Canada Computers. The Shoppers deal is also a good one, if you can find stock.

[quote name='teletran']Just a heads up that the charger only charges 2 or 4 batteries and it's an overnight charger, if the specs on it are correct. Might not matter to most but some people want a charger that charges a single battery.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the 2 or 4 batteries at a time apply to pretty much all chargers? I've never seen one that does odd numbers, unless there's such as thing as a single-battery charger.

[quote name='teletran']Just a heads up that the charger only charges 2 or 4 batteries and it's an overnight charger, if the specs on it are correct. Might not matter to most but some people want a charger that charges a single battery.[/QUOTE]

Nice catch, I'd just assumed it was the same 1-hour charger they'd been including with their other sets.

Was pretty close to buying this, but the overnight charging this killed it for me. I really need a set of rechargables as my Wii Remotes eat batteries :(

I got a sanyo eneloop 4AA/AAA pack couple months back with the 1 hour charger. The charger won't charge when it is plug vertically it will only charge (sometimes) when it is laying flat on a power bar. It could be that the charger I have is faulty.

Thanks for posting, since I recently lost two of my AA's I was hoping to see this deal again. Ordered another set a few moments ago, but I must say, I hate Dell's web site.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']This is a good deal. I bought the Sanyo family pack, which is similar but with the C and D adapters, for $30 at Canada Computers. The Shoppers deal is also a good one, if you can find stock.

Doesn't the 2 or 4 batteries at a time apply to pretty much all chargers? I've never seen one that does odd numbers, unless there's such as thing as a single-battery charger.[/QUOTE]

It applies to a lot of chargers but not all. The 1 hour charger mentioned in a previous post can charge 1-4 batteries. Independent charging circuits are a handy feature.

[quote name='teletran']It applies to a lot of chargers but not all. The 1 hour charger mentioned in a previous post can charge 1-4 batteries. Independent charging circuits are a handy feature.[/QUOTE]

Ah OK, mine is a 6-7 hour charger that does 2 or 4, so obviously not a quick charger. TBH, my electronics usually need a pair of batteries, so I don't know how useful a single battery charger would be for me. 6-7 hours isn't the end of the world, so I'm cool with that.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Ah OK, mine is a 6-7 hour charger that does 2 or 4, so obviously not a quick charger. TBH, my electronics usually need a pair of batteries, so I don't know how useful a single battery charger would be for me. 6-7 hours isn't the end of the world, so I'm cool with that.[/QUOTE]

It's more that the independent circuits charge each battery fully, but when they charge in pairs, each battery only gets charged until one is full. Since batteries discharge at different rates, this will leave one with less power than the other. It's just harder on the battery health, I think.

Are these batteries as good as all the hype says they are? I haven't found a rechargeable that doesn't become near useless within a year.

This deal is available again for 16.99. Some people might be interested in getting some for their wiimotes.

ECH420 Rechargeable Eneloop Battery set

Coupon code: BP6NWTXJ7W$K03

Apply coupon to getthe 23 dollars off.
Thanks toBobSagget on redflagdeals.

Ends Feb.25, 11

bread's done
Back