Dell Home Sale (Deals on Xbox Live Subscriptions/Points + Wii Remotes w/ Motion Plus)

Static-Jak

CAGiversary!
Dell Home is offering great prices on Xbox points, 1-year Xbox Live subscription and Wii remote w/ Motion Plus. Free shipping on orders over $49 so mix and match to reach that, otherwise it starts at $7. Thanks DJ3xclusive
Price below do not reflect the 3% DPA discount.

If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3%, here is how:

1. During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
  2. Click "Change Payment Type"
  3. Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
  4. Under "Save 3% with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
  5. Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
  6. Checkout, enjoy your 3% savings

I went through checkout and my total shows up as $39.XX for 4000 Xbox Live points. Even shows it on my order receipt email-- not sure if it's a glitch, but sure looks like free shipping...

Product Description Estimated Delivery Date
Click here to view your order details Xbox LIVE 4000 Points 06/11/2010
Order Subtotal: $36.99
Shipping and Handling Total: $6.99
Shipping Discount: -$6.99
Tax Total: $2.59
Total Amount: $39.58

I ordered 2 - 12 month XBL cards over a month ago. It took them 3 weeks just to ship it, by then I'd given up and gotten it in 4 days from Amazon for $35.

So just letting you all know... Dell is anything but quick in the shipping area. Don't order this unless your willing to wait for something that Might be time sensitive.

[quote name='Worseley']I ordered 2 - 12 month XBL cards over a month ago. It took them 3 weeks just to ship it, by then I'd given up and gotten it in 4 days from Amazon for $35.

So just letting you all know... Dell is anything but quick in the shipping area. Don't order this unless your willing to wait for something that Might be time sensitive.[/QUOTE]

Thats a unique experience. I've ordered 2 Xbox 360s at separate points and several points cards from Dell and got them overnight even with free shipping.

Thanks for posting went ahead and grabbed 2 subs and 2 points cards. Sucks they charge tax on cards but the 3% discount offset most of it plus it'll just go on the charge account I opened buying a laptop this morning. :cool:

[quote name='$hady']Thanks for posting went ahead and grabbed 2 subs and 2 points cards. Sucks they charge tax on cards but the 3% discount offset most of it plus it'll just go on the charge account I opened buying a laptop this morning. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's actually better that the tax is charged on the purchase of the card rather than when purchasing on the store. The PSN cards are tax free because they're like a gift card (rather than buying "points"), but then you get charged the sales tax when making purchases on the Playstation Store. So unless you live in a state without sales tax you can't buy a $9.99 game with a $10 PSN card.

[quote name='melon-juice']when did psn start charging tax in their store? i've never had that problem[/QUOTE]

It goes by state for PSN taxes.

Thanks for posting this. I got a 4000 point card and one year xbox live for about 70 bucks after taxes. Not too bad.

[quote name='hpv']It's actually better that the tax is charged on the purchase of the card rather than when purchasing on the store. The PSN cards are tax free because they're like a gift card (rather than buying "points"), but then you get charged the sales tax when making purchases on the Playstation Store. So unless you live in a state without sales tax you can't buy a $9.99 game with a $10 PSN card.[/QUOTE]

Arizona has sales tax, I just bought a new PS3 with a $20 PSN card and bought FFVII on PSN and I still have $10.01 left...

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Arizona has sales tax, I just bought a new PS3 with a $20 PSN card and bought FFVII on PSN and I still have $10.01 left...[/QUOTE]
I get taxed on PSN in Minnesota :bomb:

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']I get taxed on PSN in Minnesota :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that since these cards are not for tangible items there should be no tax regardless of what state in live in. I know for Microsoft points purchased at retail there is no tax and I also live in Minnesota. If someone who works in retail could confirm this that would be cool.

[quote name='Static-Jak']Dell Home is offering great prices on Xbox points, 1-year Xbox Live subscription and Wii remote w/ Motion Plus. Free shipping on orders over $49 so mix and match to reach that, otherwise it starts at $7. Thanks DJ3xclusive
Price below do not reflect the 3% DPA discount.

If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3%, here is how:

1. During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
  2. Click "Change Payment Type"
  3. Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
  4. Under "Save 3% with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
  5. Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
  6. Checkout, enjoy your 3% savings
[/QUOTE]

good deal on MS points - you can never get enough of that stuff. Did not feel like signing my soul away to Dell though for the measly 3% off with preferred account. The hit on your credit score alone is simply not worth it. You guys should really educate people what it means to become Dell Preferred Account Holder instead of just blindly saying to sign up.

[quote name='netscorer']good deal on MS points - you can never get enough of that stuff. Did not feel like signing my soul away to Dell though for the measly 3% off with preferred account. The hit on your credit score alone is simply not worth it. You guys should really educate people what it means to become Dell Preferred Account Holder instead of just blindly saying to sign up.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it means you have a line of credit with Dell.

If you're a CAG who's worried about a hard pull from opening what is essentially a Dell credit card with a relatively small credit line, you may want to spend less on games and put that money towards the house/car you're planning on buying. Unless you're looking for a large loan amount, credit score is going to be irrelevant.

On topic, thx OP! $19.16 for 4000 points and a 12 mo Live membership after promo credits from my laptop purchase. I'd rather buy this than some overpriced accessories :)

ordered a 12 month and a point card at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, received earlier this afternoon already. That was fast!!

[quote name='mrosnwo']ordered a 12 month and a point card at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, received earlier this afternoon already. That was fast!![/QUOTE]

Did you happen to see when it was supposed to arrive before it shipped? Mine says it wont be here until the 28th...

I'm just curious to see why I paid 6.99 for a card that costs less that $0.50 to mail and it still wont be here for 3 weeks,

[quote name='Erock302']Did you happen to see when it was supposed to arrive before it shipped? Mine says it wont be here until the 28th...

I'm just curious to see why I paid 6.99 for a card that costs less that $0.50 to mail and it still wont be here for 3 weeks,[/QUOTE]

I never checked the arrival time, because I got a ship notice about 3 hours after I placed it and just figured it should arrive by the end of the week. It might depend on when you placed the order. Maybe their supply dropped off, I don't know.

Was gonna ask how you paid 6.99 shipping when mine was free, but I forgot you probably only ordered 1 card and didn't qualify for free. Don't know if that had anything to do with it either.

My estimated arrival is also 6/28 but with the free 7 day shipping; ordered a points card, live card, and controller.

i don't buy xbl points often, so how much does 4000 points normaly go for? $50 im assuming?

also why does everyone want amazon to price match everything, why don't you just buy it from the place thats selling it? (im very curios thats all, also im a very bad speller -.-l)

[quote name='jab1235']i don't buy xbl points often, so how much does 4000 points normaly go for? $50 im assuming?

also why does everyone want amazon to price match everything, why don't you just buy it from the place thats selling it? (im very curios thats all, also im a very bad speller -.-l)[/QUOTE]

No sales tax for most with amazon / Dell charges tax

Free shipping - Dell takes 7-10 days for shipping where amazon prime is 2 days (regular supersaver shipping is like 4ish)

Quite a few people have 10-20$ amazon credit for past games purchased - You could apply those to point cards. 36.99 - 20 = 16.99 shipped :)

----> I would have saved like 20$ on the 5 cards I bought if amazon price matched.

My tracking says the 28th as well

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='John187']No sales tax for most with amazon / Dell charges tax

Free shipping - Dell takes 7-10 days for shipping where amazon prime is 2 days (regular supersaver shipping is like 4ish)

Quite a few people have 10-20$ amazon credit for past games purchased - You could apply those to point cards. 36.99 - 20 = 16.99 shipped :)[/QUOTE]
that was quick, i don't shop on amazon, or the internet all that much. so i had no clue. thanks!

Bah, getting charged tax on both the XBLA sub and the points card in CA even though neither one should be taxed. Kind of blows the deal... (at least, doesn't make it a "drop everything and order" sort of deal)

[quote name='John187']Free shipping - Dell takes 7-10 days for shipping where amazon prime is 2 days (regular supersaver shipping is like 4ish)ll[/QUOTE]

Just got my 4000 point card from Dell -- in less than 48 hours. Nice!

I'm hoping Amazon does price match, considering it's out of stock atm.
Too bad it's not up for long.. :\
"Dell Home Customers: Save $13 off this item!

Expires Thursday, June 10, 2010"

I was going to jump on this but the whole charging tax for it really bugged me. Yes. it was around $3 for me with NY sales tax but I didn't get charged with points at Best Buy nor Amazon in the past.

[quote name='Cephiros']I was going to jump on this but the whole charging tax for it really bugged me. Yes. it was around $3 for me with NY sales tax but I didn't get charged with points at Best Buy nor Amazon in the past.[/QUOTE]

Even after tax, it's still about 20% off.

You don't get charged tax on amazon because they don't charge tax on anything, and I'm guessing you didn't get charged tax at BB because it might've been the kind that are activated after you pay, and maybe the ones from Dell are the packaged ones which can be considered accessories instead of prepaid cards.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Even after tax, it's still about 20% off.

You don't get charged tax on amazon because they don't charge tax on anything, and I'm guessing you didn't get charged tax at BB because it might've been the kind that are activated after you pay, and maybe the ones from Dell are the packaged ones which can be considered accessories instead of prepaid cards.[/QUOTE]

Amazon charges tax for NY as well as several other states. Point cards and live cards are not taxed however.

I guess Amazon won't be PMing

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Even after tax, it's still about 20% off.

You don't get charged tax on amazon because they don't charge tax on anything, and I'm guessing you didn't get charged tax at BB because it might've been the kind that are activated after you pay, and maybe the ones from Dell are the packaged ones which can be considered accessories instead of prepaid cards.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they were packaged at Best Buy and as the poster after you noted. Since my move from OR to NY. NY is one of the few states Amazon collect taxes on orders They just don't do it for giftcards and such it seems.

[quote name='paperkut']is it just me ... or did dell just lower the prices on 4000 MS pts(34.99) and 12 month Live(27.99)?[/QUOTE]

Yea, they did. I'm gonna try and call their customer service and see if they are willing to refund me the difference.

bread's done
Back