Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Promo Deals Page:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Deals Currently Active (use promo link above to see all listings):

NOTE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR SOME TITLES

$25 Gift Card with free shipping:

FIFA 17

NHL 17

Final Fantasy XV

Battlefield 1

Kingdom Hearts III

Forza Horizon 3

Dead Rising 4

Halo Wars 2

Madden NFL 17

Gears of War 4

Skylanders Imaginators

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2

Gran Turismo Sport

Days Gone

Death Stranding

Detroit: Become Human

God of War PS4

Prey

Spiderman PS4

Injustice 2

NBA 2k17 

Horizon Zero Dawn 

The Last Guardian

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

$15 Gift Card with free shipping:

F1 2016

PES 2017

Dragon Quest Builders

MGS V Definitive

Ride 2

Agents of Mayhem

Recore

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

World of Warcraft Legion

XCOM 2

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Skyrim Special Edition

Batman: Return to Arkham

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Star Ocean

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Hitman

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

$10 Gift Card with free shipping:

None currently

Gift Card Notes:  Please remember that eGift cards take about 20 days to be issued after the item ships and usually expire within about 90 days of issuance.  You should wait AT LEAST 20 days from the ship date before contacting Dell for missing cards.  Also, keep in mind that you may receive smaller gift cards (usually 5% of your order total) for the Dell Advantage Rewards program which is in addition to their advertised $15 or $25 gift cards.  Don't assume Dell is not giving you the full gift card amount simply because you receive a Dell Advantage Rewards gift card.  These are issued earlier than the promo gift cards.

Screenshots of website showing gift card amounts, etc. (provided in case you are having trouble receiving gift cards):

Yoshi's Wooly World

http://s16.postimg.o...l/yoshidell.jpg

Zelda Tri-force Heroes

http://s24.postimg.o.../zeldadell2.jpg

Dishonored: DE

http://imgur.com/Ygd6yus

WWE 2K16

http://i.imgur.com/Znzb410.png

CoD BO3

http://i.imgur.com/nyk3KLS.png

Fallout 4

http://i.imgur.com/KYPBKap.png

Shipping: Shipping is usually release date or the day after, but Dell can be hit or miss with shipping speed, so be warned if that is important to you.  DON'T trust release date delivery even if advertised.  Expect to receive most items within 1-3 days after release date.

DEAD DEALS:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Uncharted $25 disappear?  :wall:

I was waiting to order that one because I needed to roll a gift card... but it seems the $25 no longer applies to Uncharted 4... unless I"m missing something here. 

Did Uncharted $25 disappear? :wall:

I was waiting to order that one because I needed to roll a gift card... but it seems the $25 no longer applies to Uncharted 4... unless I"m missing something here.
It's possible it sold out. This happened with The Division. I believe it completely disappeared from their site when it apparently sold out. You see, Dell likes to take the dumbest approach possible to running their website in almost every way possible. So when something sells out, Dell thinks the logical thing to do is pretend like the item never existed and wipe it from memory.

You could always call or chat to see if they can manually order it.

Yeah, and I got a notice saying shiping for UC4 was delayed until May 9th. But not a phone call like everyone else, just an email. Strange considering it was delayed a while back.

Of all the times I've contacted them, I've never once had to submit a screenshot of any kind.
This is true for me also. I've had to contact them a few different times and they've always almost immediately accepted the fact that I was owed a gift card. Never had to "prove" anything to them. This, of course, does not stop me from doing a screen shot each check out. :)
Guess I just got lucky, I never had to in the past but they were saying if it's not on the site I can't help you. I mentioned that it was for a pre-order and they didn't understand that either. They told me it would be reviewed and to wait 7 days. Fun.

Yeah, and I got a notice saying shiping for UC4 was delayed until May 9th. But not a phone call like everyone else, just an email. Strange considering it was delayed a while back.
Today I got an email from dell saying that my pre-order is delayed until may 15. Is this normal about dell? And did anyone also get this new delay?

Today I got an email from dell saying that my pre-order is delayed until may 15. Is this normal about dell? And did anyone also get this new delay?
First time it happened to me after like 5 orders with Dell. Was May 16th this morning, now it's on or before May 15th, so I'm hopeful. They also said I needed to agree to consent (sounds weird... am I even legal yet?) but yeah, I think it's just because of a high volume of orders, doesn't happen often. I wonder if it will refund an expired GC if you let it cancel.

First time it happened to me after like 5 orders with Dell. Was May 16th this morning, now it's on or before May 15th, so I'm hopeful. They also said I needed to agree to consent (sounds weird... am I even legal yet?) but yeah, I think it's just because of a high volume of orders, doesn't happen often. I wonder if it will refund an expired GC if you let it cancel.
Your expired GC will be fine. I think they give an extra 90 days on the expiration date when they refund back to it, but I can't confirm this. I recommend re-spending the money right away just in case. You may have to use chat to spend it since I don't know if the website will allow you to enter an expired GC.

Also, the pre-order delay stuff has a history of happening at Dell anytime a release date gets changed on a game. I don't know what the success rate is on getting things straight, but my fingers are crossed since i'm waiting for UC4 also. There are some horror stories of some games taking 30 days or more to get straightened out.

EDIT: Just checked my account and it shows my estimated delivery date is 5/12. I'm ok with that since i'll be traveling this week, but if the delay spills into next week or longer I will be quite disappointed and frustrated.

UC4 winded up shipping for me now, says its coming tmrw. I guess if you agree to consent earlier, they might ship it out earlier too. I guess they are waiting to ship until they get your consent. I guess it would be considered a sexual offense if they shipped it into you before you gave them consent. Okay, nvm, disregard that last one.

UC4 winded up shipping for me now, says its coming tmrw. I guess if you agree to consent earlier, they might ship it out earlier too. I guess they are waiting to ship until they get your consent. I guess it would be considered a sexual offense if they shipped it into you before you gave them consent. Okay, nvm, disregard that last one.
Just got my shipping confirmation a few minutes ago. I checked the order status online earlier today and there was a consent thing to fill out, so I did it this morning. I had already called to consent last week, so I don't know if filling out the online form helped the shipping today, but i'd recommend everyone consider checking this just in case they think it might help.

Both my copies of uncharted 4 shipped, only had the phone consent a couple of weeks back. Also, this is the first time a Dell order is going to arrive on release day if the shipping information is correct. Anyone else have a scheduled delivery for tomorrow?

Same here, shipped today from OH via FedEx overnight.

Ordered less than a month ago. I did periodically check my GC balance since they didn't charge it when I ordered. I checked this morning, and they still hadn't pulled the funds. So your GC doesn't get charged until they ship it (at least for an order covered entirely by a GC).

Just received my copy of Uncharted, and pleasantly surprised to say it's intact. Don't know how they managed it, but it's in the same plastic package with no padding whatsoever, yet it's not damaged. 

Yikes, I was worried when I got mine...got the complimentary footprint. Why would you put it in that plastic bag? Ended up with a loose disc and cracked case on the side, but I guess I can live with that for this price.

I can't even imagine what would happen if it was shipped FedEx ground....a million, two million pieces?

Just contacted dell cs to see why my order for doom was showing up as 7 day delivery and not the 2 days I selected. "Due to high order volumes, they needed to change it to the 24th for the delivery date." I call BS on that

Just contacted dell cs to see why my order for doom was showing up as 7 day delivery and not the 2 days I selected. "Due to high order volumes, they needed to change it to the 24th for the delivery date." I call BS on that
Maybe your order is DOOMed.

Sorry. I'll see myself out now.

I noticed that too.

But how it works is that it shows 7 day delivery by default and it gets updated to the correct shipping method once it ships.

I think it even temporarily did that for a regular order. So maybe it always does it or could have something to do with Dell Advantage. I'm not sure.

Either way, it's normal. Well technically it should be NEXT day and not 2 days.

Okay, glad it didn't just happen to me. This is my 5th order from dell, and every time it showed as being delivered on the proper date and all showed up on the release date. Here's hoping it shows up by Monday/Tuesday at the latest, and not the 2 weeks later that they are quoteing me.

Am I able to use a gift card from Dell Rewards to preorder a game that comes out in the fall? Got a gift card from them expiring at the end of July.

Am I able to use a gift card from Dell Rewards to preorder a game that comes out in the fall? Got a gift card from them expiring at the end of July.
That might be ymmv.

Last time it was asked, people said "yes" and that gcs were either charged immediately or the next day.

My gc didn't get charged for a month until UC4 shipped. It was a regular gc and not a promo gc, though. It's possible they're charged differently.

Anyone know if that's the case?

That might be ymmv.

Last time it was asked, people said "yes" and that gcs were either charged immediately or the next day.

My gc didn't get charged for a month until UC4 shipped. It was a regular gc and not a promo gc, though. It's possible they're charged differently.

Anyone know if that's the case?
If you receive an order confirmation email after you receive an order received email then your order is placed. Usually your gift card or promo gift card is charged immediately.

I ordered Kirby and Overwatch together. It says estimated delivery of 6/14 for both. Is that going to change or do I need to contact customer service to make sure I get Overwatch next week?

You'll have it on release day.  My copy of DOOM said it would deliver at the end of June b/c DELL's webpage had the release date listed incorrectly, but I still got the game on the actual release date.

Stay away from Dell. You've been warned. What do you plan to do with that $25 anyway? Buy an MSRP-priced controller? They probably only sell it in one color to boot. And with so many other retailers with much cheaper prices, it would just even out. So all you really get is the same game for the same price, but with shoddy customer service, shipping policies, and a ridiculous expiration limit on the $25 you saved.

Literally none of the four friends I convinced to go with Dell came back with a positive thing to say.

I ordered Kirby and Overwatch together. It says estimated delivery of 6/14 for both. Is that going to change or do I need to contact customer service to make sure I get Overwatch next week?
Loool Dell customer service...good luck with that. I preordered MKX and was on the phone with Dell for 20 minutes before learning that, no, they "aren't obligated" to give preorder bonus codes, namely Goro preorder DLC, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MENTIONED ON THE PRODUCT PAGE.

If things havent changed, I would expect a 6/14 shipment. Frankly, I wouldn't expect anything because Dell doesn't ever seem to know what they're doing. They do not care about preorder bonuses, release date delivery, or anything that customers care about. Because they're Dell.

Stay away from Dell. You've been warned. What do you plan to do with that $25 anyway? Buy an MSRP-priced controller? They probably only sell it in one color to boot. And with so many other retailers with much cheaper prices, it would just even out. So all you really get is the same game for the same price, but with shoddy customer service, shipping policies, and a ridiculous expiration limit on the $25 you saved.
Literally none of the four friends I convinced to go with Dell came back with a positive thing to say.Loool Dell customer service...good luck with that. I preordered MKX and was on the phone with Dell for 20 minutes before learning that, no, they "aren't obligated" to give preorder bonus codes, namely Goro preorder DLC, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MENTIONED ON THE PRODUCT PAGE.
If things havent changed, I would expect a 6/14 shipment. Frankly, I wouldn't expect anything because Dell doesn't ever seem to know what they're doing. They do not care about preorder bonuses, release date delivery, or anything that customers care about. Because they're Dell.
You realize that dell can pricematch other retailers right?
Or you can keep preordering.
Dell customer service sucks, but the deals are good. It's just a matter how much you can tolerate for the best deals.

eh... I don't mind Dell, I know how to make it work out for me ordering with them. I started the carousel when they had Yarn Yoshi and Triforce heroes with $40 in GCs each. I use the GCs to either 1) preorder games I'd get anyhow and get another $25 GC, or 2) price match games I do want to Dell when they go on sale. I get preorders one day after release 99% of the time as long as I don't preorder the day before it comes out, some preorders include next day for free so those always come on release day. sometimes they accidentally send additional GCs. once they sent me Phantom Pain for free for some reason and the $25 GC it came with. if they don't send a gift card, just email them. they always reply and they always send the GC. just my experience, however.

Glad some of you can tolerate it. I don't really see the saved money in the end especially when compared to their breadth of competition. Regardless, I'd rather pay a $10 premium to remove the headache and obligation to keep on that "carousel" - fantastic analogy by the way...that's exactly what it felt like.

You realize that dell can pricematch other retailers right?
Or you can keep preordering.
Dell customer service sucks, but the deals are good. It's just a matter how much you can tolerate for the best deals.
But I mean, is it really a deal when out of pocket you pay $60+ tax and then are forced to used that $25 on something that's overpriced and in limited stock anyway, and all within a ridiculous time limit? Still struggling to find the value in that.

I would reevaluate its worth if the other things they sold weren't ridiculously priced, or if they simply carried more products. But I guess if you can tolerate staying on the phone for every time you want to PM / convince Dell to not sell LittleBigPlanet 3 for $60 (like $10 everywhere else lol), you could maybe find value.

Alas, they're still doing these deals and haven't changed their laughable policies surrounding it, so I'm probably with a minority opinion.

Ordered Uncharted 4 with a regular gift card and on a PC. Everything went smooth, got the game on release date and $25 gift card 10 calendar days after delivery. But slightly cracked case and no second gift card for the Advantage Rewards so far.

So I tried ordering another game but this time on mobile to stack gift cards and nothing but problems so far. Phone had cart errors and made it impossible to checkout, tablet had change shipping errors (couldn't select next day), problems finding the game, and force loading of the desktop site. Pretty problematic since I wanted everything to go smooth to make sure I got CB from a cash back site.

Certain browsers gave me XML errors trying to open a chat window. Chat said I had to call them during M-F business hours to try and change the shipping method.

I'm not too optimistic the rest will go as well as the first time. Could be mobile orders are just problematic from beginning to end. There's no mention of the gift card in the mobile cart unlike the desktop cart. Also the shipping selection process is different.

Ordered Uncharted 4 with a regular gift card and on a PC. Everything went smooth, got the game on release date and $25 gift card 10 calendar days after delivery. But slightly cracked case and no second gift card for the Advantage Rewards so far.

So I tried ordering another game but this time on mobile to stack gift cards and nothing but problems so far. Phone had cart errors and made it impossible to checkout, tablet had change shipping errors (couldn't select next day), problems finding the game, and force loading of the desktop site. Pretty problematic since I wanted everything to go smooth to make sure I got CB from a cash back site.

Certain browsers gave me XML errors trying to open a chat window. Chat said I had to call them during M-F business hours to try and change the shipping method.

I'm not too optimistic the rest will go as well as the first time. Could be mobile orders are just problematic from beginning to end. There's no mention of the gift card in the mobile cart unlike the desktop cart. Also the shipping selection process is different.
I've ordered several items on mobile to use multiple GC's and not had a problem with either the checkout or the eventually delivery. Mobile website isn't great, but never too glitchy for me. Always used iPhone/Safari if that helps for the checkout part of it.

Just going on record to say that I've made a pretty penny from dell this year so far and last year. My biggest gain was the fire emblem craze. I bought 8 copies with $25 promo gift cards and I sold each one for $38 on ebay. Each came with $15 gift cards. I also price matched dying light the other day to amazon for like 34.99 using those gift cards and traded those into amazon for $30 credit a piece. Do the work man there's plenty of deals to be had. I'll continue this gift card train and the longer I ride the bigger it gets.

Sorry to sound harsh. I do find using the desktop site on my phone to find items then switching to mobile to be the easiest method to shop on dell.

Literally none of the four friends I convinced to go with Dell came back with a positive thing to say.

Loool Dell customer service...good luck with that. I preordered MKX and was on the phone with Dell for 20 minutes before learning that, no, they "aren't obligated" to give preorder bonus codes, namely Goro preorder DLC, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MENTIONED ON THE PRODUCT PAGE.
Yeah, I never ordered MKX from them, but I did hear people didn't get Goro, I mean even the Kollector's Edition gave out Goro without advertising for it. I did order WWE 2K16 from them, and the page had the Terminator Arnold DLC advertised, but lo and behold, no DLC code included. At least they had the map DLC for Black Ops 3.

I will say that they do give out $25 on games that even Best Buy don't have $10 preorder reward certificate on, like UC4, so once in a while, if you order from them, and keep your hopes low, it's maybe worth it.

And wow... why convince 4 friends? You'd think they learn after the first one.

I've ordered several items on mobile to use multiple GC's and not had a problem with either the checkout or the eventually delivery. Mobile website isn't great, but never too glitchy for me. Always used iPhone/Safari if that helps for the checkout part of it.
I was using an Android phone and tablet....I'm not sure if I want to cancel and just retry with an iPhone/iPad. Maybe next time...or I'll at least try a mock order. It's kind of annoying that the shipping options are after the payment wall.

I did get my Advantage Rewards later that day for Uncharted...and they sent me two, lol ($3 x 2).

So like $25 for Uncharted 4....technically $13 if you count the discounted Dell gift card I bought beforehand.

I got uncharted 4. Was supposed to get 25$ gift card but they sent two 3$....
The two $3 ones are the Advantage Rewards thing (should have been one, but might be if you ordered other things). The $25 comes separately, I got it on Friday and the two $3 on Saturday. I tuned it right around on an order for Overwatch. The Best Buy deal is good, but you can't beat $25 off and getting another $25 back. I can't see to find my way off the Dell GC train.

No luck being able to change the shipping method via phone rep after ordering (and getting confirmation email). Guy just flat out said he couldn't do it. I started to press the issue since that seems kinda ridiculous but then got into some back and forth about the estimated delivery date. CSR didn't understand it was a pre-order and thought it wasn't in stock. I gave up and just asked to cancel the order.

So after (10) 1-minute holds...I was able to get it cancelled.

Another odd thing was that in the confirmation email the quantity (1) and total ($59.99) were right everywhere except under payment details/method were it had $179.97.

Eh, cursed order.

I think I was right about when they pull the funds from gift cards. Regular gcs at shipping and promo gcs around when you get the confirmation email (not order received and technically a pre-authorized hold). My last pre-order (made on a PC) took 10 mins to get the confirmation email...this last pre-order (made via mobile website) took 2 days.

bread's done
Back