Dell Ultrasharp 19 vs Samsung 19 wide

kev

CAGiversary!
Ok, so I've switched this in my cart 3 times now.

I'm buying a new computer and my monitor choices are down to those mentioned. My eyes have been bugging me staring at my 15in LCD lately so it's time for an upgrade.

So, my main question is about the Ultrasharp. Are they so much prettier that it is worth giving up widescreen? I'd only be using the PC for making videos and some relatively light gaming.

Currently I have the 19 wide sitting in the cart but since I don't watch movies on the system or play much in terms of PC games I'm reconsidering... again.

I switched to widescreen and havent been gaming on it much, but damn do I love it. I always have a lot of browser tabs open, so it's nice that they have all the horizontal real estate to spread out.

The only complaint I have is that it can be hard to get some games to run at non-native resolutions on occasion (mine being 1680x1050). But, I'm not willing to pay $400 for a graphics card, so I end up playing some games in windowed mode at a lower resolution because they won't play nice in FS. Lame.

Regardless... WS all the way.

TY, sounds like a good thought to me. I do like to have hundreds of windows open...

There are Ultrasharp widescreen models. Have a 20" standard screen and a 24" widescreen models. Love them! Dell usually has very good prices during a sale and coupon.

The Dell monitor probably has a better warranty as well. If you are just buying the monitor the Dell probably has a 3-year warranty.

bread's done
Back