Dementium II (DS), Valkyrie Profile (DS) - $9.99 GameStop - B&M only

illennium

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Did a search but didn't see these listed in recent GameStop threads. Both are recent price drops and both are unavailable online, but I just picked up new, sealed copies in store:

Dementium II (DS) - $9.99
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS) - $9.99

The corresponding used copies are $8.99 each -- definitely a deal with the upcoming B2G1 if you don't mind used.

For $10, these are worth adding to the backlog. They also had some other $9.99 DS titles like Deep Labyrinth, which is supposedly mediocre or worse but might be of interest to Atlus collectors.

VP: CotP is extremely difficult. I beat my head against a wall for almost a week on ONE battle. I kept at it and eventually learned the "rules of the game". Once you get on a winning streak, and more so, the "extra sin" winning streak and you can beat that game into a bloody pulp.

It really is the best in VP series, IMO. I actually finished it where the other two couldn't hold my attention. It's a really good, not grind heavy strategy RPG. Highly recommended, but be warned, it's not for babies or rage tossers.

Do I need to have played the first Dementium in order to understand Dementium 2? I should have waited on Valkyrie Profile on the DS, picked it up at Best Buy for $15.

Off topic, but what about Sonic Rush, do I need to play that first before Sonic Rush Adventure? I found Sonic Rush Adventure awhile at Target.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Do I need to have played the first Dementium in order to understand Dementium 2? [/QUOTE]

No, it is not necessary to play Dementium I in order to understand Dementium 2. You can take my word for it, since I wrote the story.

Does Dementium II have the same bullshit save system as the first game, IE "If you die any time, including at the boss, you have to restart the entire chapter again, no exceptions"? Because I will never finish the first game thanks to that BS.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Does Dementium II have the same bullshit save system as the first game, IE "If you die any time, including at the boss, you have to restart the entire chapter again, no exceptions"? Because I will never finish the first game thanks to that BS.[/QUOTE]

No... the save system is MUCH improved.

bread's done
Back