Dementium: The Ward (DS) 7.99 w/free shipping at buy.com

Son of a....I JUST bought this last night after waiting forever to get a DS (got the DSi...for my wife haha).

Thanks for sharing though!

Awesome! In for one as well. If anyone is signed up for the Bank of America "AddItUp" program, Buy.com qualifies for 3% Cash Back.

I really have to stop visiting this website every day. My backlog is huge. As far as the DS is concerned I havent even started Chinatown Wars and I am sure that will eat up considerable time to complete. I wanted this game when it first came out so for 8 bucks it's a no-brainer, but ill need to take a vacation in order to put a dent in the amount of games i havent started (Mass Effect & Fallout 3 for example).

[quote name='xycury']Good game, one of the oldest on the DS, surprised one can find it new still.[/quote]

Uh, one of the oldest on the DS? The DS was released in November of 2004. This game came out on Oct. 31st 2007. So like 3 years later.

Either way, this game is awesome and definately worth 8 bucks.

In for one. I was really wanting this game when it first came out, but have since kinda forgot about it. Apparently the save system in kinda janky, where if you die you have to start the chapter over from the beginning. And apparently all enemies respawn if you reenter a room...but ammo and health packs don't. But, 8 bucks seems the right price and there are walk throughs on youtube if help is needed.

[quote name='7thton']In for one. I was really wanting this game when it first came out, but have since kinda forgot about it. Apparently the save system in kinda janky, where if you die you have to start the chapter over from the beginning. And apparently all enemies respawn if you reenter a room...but ammo and health packs don't. But, 8 bucks seems the right price and there are walk throughs on youtube if help is needed.[/quote]

Having played this game, your comments speak volumes to why some who play it will get stuck and get frustrated. The boss battles are kinda unfair too, they need some practice.

"Moon" fixed a lot of the problems, but it is really boring compared to "Dementium." For $8 it's an ok game, but nothing too great.

I'm in for one, I really liked the game when I rented it but the lack of save points and uneven health packs are annoying though. Still a good game though, really smooth gameplay (better than Metroid IMO), and creepy atmosphere.

[quote name='darthbudge']Uh, one of the oldest on the DS? The DS was released in November of 2004. This game came out on Oct. 31st 2007. So like 3 years later.

Either way, this game is awesome and definately worth 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Ah brain fart, confused this with another one.

Damn... every time I tell myself I'm going to stop buying games and start saving money, deals like this pop up!

In for one, thanks.

A good price for a solid game. The only thing that really hurts it is the busted save system. If you die at a boss fight you could have to replay up to 40 minutes of the game.

Thank you so much for posting this!! Ive been wanting to get this game for about a year or two now but the price never dropped. Almost bought it used for 20 last month. But 8$ free ship new is awesome

[quote name='marcand']Having played this game, your comments speak volumes to why some who play it will get stuck and get frustrated. The boss battles are kinda unfair too, they need some practice.

"Moon" fixed a lot of the problems, but it is really boring compared to "Dementium." For $8 it's an ok game, but nothing too great.[/quote]

Yeah, I owned this game at one point too, but traded it after about a week. It's a great game in theory, but the execution was terrible. It does a good job of providing a creepy atmosphere and some scary moments (which says a lot for a handheld game), but the levels are infuriating. They're quite lengthy, and as mentioned, there are no checkpoints. If you die, you start all over again.

And yeah, 7thton is right. The enemies respawn when you re-enter a room, which is horrible because it's easy to get turned around and forget where you've been. It only took a few sittings for me to realize I wasn't enjoying the game at all, and felt like I was punishing myself by playing it. Hopefully you guys will get more enjoyment out of it than I did, but expect to be pissed off numerous times. If not, it still gets 300 points on Goozex.

Ugh I got this on goozex last fall, but I try to buy new whenever possible. Doesn't make sense to buy a second copy though.

Seriously, my backlog will just keep piling up...But Oh well, I'm in for one! Huge fan of survival horror games...

Thanks OP

Damn, I'm glad I passed this for $24... then $18, then $15, and then $10. But for $8, I'll bite.

Thanks OP!:D

I'm glad I read this thread before I just jumped in and bought the game. That save system sounds like something that would frustrate me to no end and considering I have a backlog of other games as it is, even spending $8 for something that I'll probably wind up trading in after a week is just not as tempting. I'll probably pass.

[quote name='Sythix']Seriously, my backlog will just keep piling up...But Oh well, I'm in for one! Huge fan of survival horror games...

Thanks OP[/quote]

Me too. Still playing Res Evil 5...

bread's done
Back