Democrats Mobilize Minority Groups!

There is nothing in the constitution about "minority groups" . There IS something in the constitution about the establishment of religion.

If you don't know the difference, there is no point to this tread. And you apparently don't.

[quote name='usickenme']There is nothing in the constitution about "minority groups" . There IS something in the constitution about the establishment of religion.

If you don't know the difference, there is no point to this tread. And you apparently don't.[/QUOTE]

That's not the point... obviously you don't get it.

Since there isn't a thread everytime the GOP meets with big business, the military, or any other of their base..then what exactly is the point?

Probably because showing the strong connections between certain religious nutcases and members of the republican party mobilizes support for democrats. If republicans were to try the same tactic with minorities they would be run out of office.

If you don't like my topic title take it up with yahoo, or whoever boston.com (and myself) linked to, I didn't make the topic title myself.

Though, as people said, there is a church/state issue in the other one, there's no legal issue in this.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']If you don't like my topic title take it up with yahoo, or whoever boston.com (and myself) linked to, I didn't make the topic title myself.

Though, as people said, there is a church/state issue in the other one, there's no legal issue in this.[/QUOTE]

I believe theres also no law that I can discriminate against people who are gay. And I don't have to hire them just because they're gay.

What you're faling to see is mostly the comments after your post. The ones which are antagonizing Catholics and making jokes against them. But if thats ok in your book, then it's ok in my book to make hateful remarks about $$$$$$s. Right?

[quote name='dmpolska']I believe theres also no law that I can discriminate against people who are gay. And I don't have to hire them just because they're gay.

What you're faling to see is mostly the comments after your post. The ones which are antagonizing Catholics and making jokes against them. But if thats ok in your book, then it's ok in my book to make hateful remarks about $$$$$$s. Right?[/QUOTE]

I only saw one poster make bad jokes about them. The rest complained about fanaticism (like you and other complain about in islam), constant complaints about persecution (considering they control basically every seat of power) and mixing government matters with the church.

Though I don't like people making insulting jokes about groups (nazis, kkk etc. obvious exceptions), it is perfectly acceptable to insult groups you are a part of, and usually considered acceptable (depends on how) to insult groups you were a part of and left.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I only saw one poster make bad jokes about them. The rest complained about fanaticism (like you and other complain about in islam), constant complaints about persecution (considering they control basically every seat of power) and mixing government matters with the church. [/QUOTE]

If you show me a link where I said ANYTHING about islam I will send you $50.00 via paypal. Thought so.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']
Though I don't like people making insulting jokes about groups (nazis, kkk etc. obvious exceptions), it is perfectly acceptable to insult groups you are a part of, and usually considered acceptable (depends on how) to insult groups you were a part of and left.[/QUOTE]

I betcha Camoor is a Catholic right? No? But you just said....

And it's acceptable to make fun of groups you're a part of? Says who? You? Well then, f*** you you white prick. And that's acceptable according to you.

[quote name='dmpolska']If you show me a link where I said ANYTHING about islam I will send you $50.00 via paypal. Thought so. [/quote]

Maybe it was a misinterpretation of some comments defending PAD in some of his posts.

I betcha Camoor is a Catholic right? No? But you just said....

And it's acceptable to make fun of groups you're a part of? Says who? You? Well then, f*** you you white prick. And that's acceptable according to you.

I said it's socially acceptable, and I believe camoor was a christian. I also said I didn't approve of it, and I've also made my feelings know about some of camoors posts.

Though, again,that comment you made may be in poor taste, but would generally be considered socially acceptable (as much as something in poor taste can be).

[quote name='dmpolska']I betcha Camoor is a Catholic right? No? But you just said....

And it's acceptable to make fun of groups you're a part of? Says who? You? Well then, f*** you you white prick. And that's acceptable according to you.[/QUOTE]

That's actually one of the problems I have with Alonzo too - he wants everybody to be friends and just when you think he's going to take a stand he backs down. Kind of reminds me of Ned Flanders that time that Homer is making fun of him - you can't insult this guy! :D

I'll criticize any group that's doing harm to America, whether I'm part of it or not. The fanatical christians just make it too damn easy, and I guess it comes off as a bunch of jokes. But I'm damn serious when I say that they are doing more damage to America's freedoms then any superspy of old Communist Russia could have dreamed of.

Your extreme homophobia and quest to overturn a woman's right to choose just further prove that to me.

[quote name='camoor']
I'll criticize any group that's doing harm to America, whether I'm part of it or not. The fanatical christians just make it too damn easy, and I guess it comes off as a bunch of jokes. But I'm damn serious when I say that they are doing more damage to America's freedoms then any superspy of old Communist Russia could have dreamed of.

Your extreme homophobia and quest to overturn a woman's right to choose just further prove that to me.[/QUOTE]

You don't criticize just the fanatics most of the time, you stereotype and insult with a very broadsword. It's not always that way but there's a difference in existence there that I think you sometimes fail to understand. The fantics that you say are ruining our country are narrow-minded fools, but to be honest a number of your posts make it seem as though you belong in the same group.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Maybe it was a misinterpretation of some comments defending PAD in some of his posts.

I said it's socially acceptable, and I believe camoor was a christian. I also said I didn't approve of it, and I've also made my feelings know about some of camoors posts.

Though, again,that comment you made may be in poor taste, but would generally be considered socially acceptable (as much as something in poor taste can be).[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't think it's socially acceptable, nor should it be. Most of the Catholic haters in online communities are indeed Non-Catholics. And don't you for a minute think that gay-bashing will stop when Catholics are being bashed nonstop. Camoor and his idiot posse are only doing more harm.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']You don't criticize just the fanatics most of the time, you stereotype and insult with a very broadsword. It's not always that way but there's a difference in existence there that I think you sometimes fail to understand. The fantics that you say are ruining our country are narrow-minded fools, but to be honest a number of your posts make it seem as though you belong in the same group.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And since Camoor is on my block list and I saw his quoted post let me respond to him:

I feel gays are doing harm to America. Let me critisize them 24/7 right? And make stereotypical generalties about them on online communities. Oh, and I'm "damn serious" too.

And yes Camoor, it is my "quest to overturn a woman's right." I am like Link slaying abortion mothers everywhere in my "quest" to overturn a woman's right to choose.

[quote name='dmpolska']And yes Camoor, it is my "quest to overturn a woman's right." I am like Link slaying abortion mothers everywhere in my "quest" to overturn a woman's right to choose.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmpolska']
Woman's right to an abortion ...hopefully Roe Vs Wade will be overturned ;)
We'll keep working on fixing the problems, don't worry.
[/QUOTE]

Your words, not mine, you wannabe Big Brother.

[quote name='camoor']That's actually one of the problems I have with Alonzo too - he wants everybody to be friends and just when you think he's going to take a stand he backs down. Kind of reminds me of Ned Flanders that time that Homer is making fun of him - you can't insult this guy! :D
[/QUOTE]

Like to know what stands I've backed down from. It almost seems like (due to the wants everyone to be friends part) that comment is due to the fact I said I'd stop making negative comments about you, I didn't think that would be a problem.

I'm consistently liberal, which is why I consider myself far left, but most of my ideas don't cross into the radical camp, especially in their implementation. Some of my opinions have so many conditions on them that I really can't give one solid answer. Another things is I just don't like radicals on either side, they tend to see things as black and white, right and wrong. And even when they're right (which sometimes they are), they do it in such an in your face way that nobody wants to listen.

But, like everyone said, you don't distinguish when it actually comes down to it. There's nothing wrong with this paragraph, but that doesn't seem to match the way you normally speek of christians.

Sorry I don't think it's socially acceptable, nor should it be. Most of the Catholic haters in online communities are indeed Non-Catholics. And don't you for a minute think that gay-bashing will stop when Catholics are being bashed nonstop. Camoor and his idiot posse are only doing more harm.

Well, the people I've dealt with seem to have little problem insulting their own group, be it black, indian, muslim, christian, white etc. Again, I often don't think it should be acceptable, but from my experience it generally is. Though I think there's a big difference between catholic haters and those who just want the church to have nothing to do with government, and I don't think you see the difference.

Also I don't see why retaliation for catholic bashing should be gay bashing. For one, they're not opposing groups (at least gays don't oppose catholics, though catholics opposing gays is easier to argue), and two, why do you want to express the same bigotry you complain of?

But, as I've said before, some christians are trying to make this country, and its laws, so they favor christians. Gays aren't doing that, they are trying to make it so this country does not legally prohibit them from things that heterosexual couples can, these christian organizations are simply fighting to keep (or restore) preferential treatment for christians.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']But, like everyone said, you don't distinguish when it actually comes down to it. There's nothing wrong with this paragraph, but that doesn't seem to match the way you normally speek of christians.[/QUOTE]

First off, two extreme christian posters and you. Not everyone.

Secondly, it's public knowledge that I voted for a Christian (Kerry) who follows the tenets of what Jesus said more closely then Bush. Bush's favorite parts of the bible are the draconian (and by American law unconstitutional) commandment rules and the gay-bashing parts. Unless I'm misinterpreting the entire Christian religion, Jesus was more about loving thy neighbor.

In addition, my current favorite politician is another Christian (Dean). In fact, I bet I've voted and supported more Christian politicians then politicians from any other domination. It doesn't mean that I necessarily drop to my knees and say 500 Rosaries every night, but it should give you some perspective about who I'm really talking about when I say fanatical fundamentalist Christians.

[quote name='camoor']First off, two extreme christian posters and you. Not everyone.

Secondly, it's public knowledge that I voted for a Christian (Kerry) who follows the tenets of what Jesus said more closely then Bush. Bush's favorite parts of the bible are the draconian (and by American law unconstitutional) commandment rules and the gay-bashing parts. Unless I'm misinterpreting the entire Christian religion, Jesus was more about loving thy neighbor.

In addition, my current favorite politician is another Christian (Dean). In fact, I bet I've voted and supported more Christian politicians then politicians from any other domination. It doesn't mean that I necessarily drop to my knees and say 500 Rosaries every night, but it should give you some perspective about who I'm really talking about when I say fanatical fundamentalist Christians.[/QUOTE]

I'm an extreme christian poster? News to me...I'm not the guy who goes around including religion comments or relgious history into 70% of my posts on CAG (a good number of which are in topics that have nothing to do with relgion).

As for voting for Christian policitians, congrats :roll: I'm sure you've noticed but the overwhelming majority of politicians on both sides in the country are indeed christian. If you took an anti-christian voting stance you wouldn't be doing too much voting in most cases.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']
Though, as people said, there is a church/state issue in the other one, there's no legal issue in this.[/QUOTE]

Utter nonsense. The issue in the thread which I was parodying when I created this thread was that a political group mobilizes its base supporters.

Yet when its Christians who are mobilized its wrong, but mobilize a group based on race or minority status and hey, thats A-OK.

Oddly, it is the left who has and continues to have a problem with Christians being mobilized by Republicans on this forum and that is find libel them any way you desire.

Separation of church and state my ass.

Oh and say anything negative about Democrats mobilizing minorities be it based on race or sexual orientation and get labeled an intolerant bigot.

What a bunch of idiotic hypocrites who don't even realize when they are being parodied.

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq']Utter nonsense. The issue in the thread which I was parodying when I created this thread was that a political group mobilizes its base supporters.

Yet when its Christians who are mobilized its wrong, but mobilize a group based on race or minority status and hey, thats A-OK.

Oddly, it is the left who has and continues to have a problem with Christians being mobilized by Republicans on this forum and that is find libel them any way you desire.

Separation of church and state my ass.

Oh and say anything negative about Democrats mobilizing minorities be it based on race or sexual orientation and get labeled an intolerant bigot.

What a bunch of idiotic hypocrites who don't even realize when they are being parodied.

CTL[/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought it was pretty obvious in my response that I considered this a parody. But, even if it wasn't, do you even know what you're parodying?

DALLAS - Even for Texas, the scene was remarkable: The governor, flanked by an out-of-state televangelist and religious right leaders, signing legislation in a church school gymnasium amid shouts of "amen" from backers who just as well could have been attending a revival..............

"One of the great myths of our time is that you can't legislate morality," the governor told the ministers, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press by his campaign...........

"This is one of the most outrageous misuses of a house of worship for political gain that I've ever seen," said Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Washington, D.C.-based Americans United for Separation of Church and State

The problem isn't him mobilizing his base.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Funny, I thought it was pretty obvious in my response that I considered this a parody. But, even if it wasn't, do you even know what you're parodying?

The problem isn't him mobilizing his base.[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting how you anti-Christian bigots have all the answers.

[quote name='CTLesq']I keep forgetting how you anti-Christian bigots have all the answers.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I would love for someone to substantiate these claims, that I'm bigotted against christians or that I think I have all the answers.

As anyone with eyes would know, my comments on religion seldom go beyond church and state issues.

bread's done
Back